Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raptor

1.24.1.1 Beta ROCKS!

17 posts in this topic

I just posted this feedback in the Beta forum. If you haven't downloaded and tried in yet - do it! I hope I'm not dreaming this and wake up later...:

Sorry about the hyperbole, but I've just been trying out the 1.24.1.1 Beta and this thing ROCKS!!!!!!!

My flying FPS are way up (they were always crappy around Antwerp but are non-existant and slide-showing in 1.24) at least on the Beta Server; Avg 45-55 FPS and smooth as silk over Antwerp!

Over smaller towns I was getting 60-70 FPS and that's never happened before for me...I want to friggin cry I'm so friggin happy!!!!

If you do anything to screw up this patch you should be forced to watch Richard Simmons video's in Hades forever!

I don't fly often so I cannot comment on the stutters while flying but the overall FPS seems significantly improved. In offline testing, I am seeing a 20-30% improvement in FPS going from mid-30's to lo,mid-40's. The beta seems to be a definite improvement. Thanks.

Do you have Normal Maps turned on in config? I've been holding off on updating the config help since the .0 version was a bit rocky.

Sadly I ran it offline from Monchen to Dussel and still saw large FPS swings from 40 to 1-4 as things were loaded from Dussel. Not fixed.

I was just on the Beta server again tonight and it is a tad slower than it was earlier this morning but still a marked improvement. This morning I was hitting 60's near Eindhoven and 50's at Antwerp - just now 50's around the flying circus and 40's @ Antwerp with one spike down to the 20's.

Still, this is huge for me compared to what I had been getting. I haven't tried Infantry or tanks yet so far, just aircraft.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Ok, I grabbed a 109f and took off from M-G and flew to Dusseldorf. I did it offline and on the Beta Server. It was similar each flight: I had no lag spikes either time and FPS was about the same. When I would first arrive at M-G the FPS would dip down for 4-6 seconds or so then go up a bit. The worst FPS I got was 22 and the best was 59.

My system specs:

Dual G5 2.7

X800XT

2.5 G/RAM

Monitor: ACD 23" playing game @ 1920 X 1200/millions. The images are scaled down 50% then converted to JPG/low.

Taking off @ M-G

08.jpg

Arriving Duss

09.jpg

Over Duss

10.jpg

Over Duss

11.jpg

I am confused, I have dual 2.0, x800XT, 2.5GB 10.4.7

and 1600xwhatever-it-is yet it spiked for me horribly. What the heck is different? Maybe I need to redo the ATI ROM as you suggested earlier.

I am confused, I have dual 2.0, x800XT, 2.5GB 10.4.7

and 1600xwhatever-it-is yet it spiked for me horribly. What the heck is different? Maybe I need to redo the ATI ROM as you suggested earlier.

As far as I know the only differences between our machines is that mine is a dual 2.7 but my monitor is the 23" (1920 x 1200) which eats up FPS and I get no improvement whatever playing at lower screen sizes (1600 x 1200 etc.) and I'm using almost the same config settings you are - the one you posted. You're using the same ATI ROM I am, I had updated to the Aug 2005 ROM a couple of months ago (my FPS went to crap) and reverted back to the original just over a week ago when you posted yours (I asked you via email remember?).

The only other thing I did was eliminate a bunch of fonts on my system that were eating up resources, I had like 700 lol. This is freaky because I've been copying YOUR settings as you've always gotten better performance than I with this game - are you sure you haven't changed something?

My crappy cable drops out several times an hour but that doesn't affect running offline :-) My system has been stable for a long time. I did turn off normal maps in my config for the game since that was making me way too slow on the ground.

Yeah the beta config app seems to have dropped the setting for some reason. I added a line to the config file by hand

normalmaps false

and my app ran a lot better.

When will this patch be out for Macs?

Last night was one of my worst ever in WWIIOL. :(

Lag everywhere, but worst in Breda. 4-8 FPS when looking at the center AB on ground. 1 FPS from the sky.

I kept dying from the lag spikes, ei would pop out shoot me and be back inside a building before I ever saw anything.

And when I finally put together an OK mission (killed a couple ETs in an a13), though I got bombed at the end, the stats decide to take a dump so my night probably will look even worse than it was. I can only pray that my stats for the last 36 hours got erased. Hehehe.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0