Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rubbish

Post Here If You Are Still Having CTHL Issues

25 posts in this topic

it seems that at least several players besides myself are having a reoccurence of continual CTHLs recently.

The purpose of this thread is to:

assist CRS in identifying the problem, any commonalities between subscribers systems and solving it.

Please post the following information:

Typical CTHLs per day

Laptop/Desktop

CPU model

Motherboard chipset

Amount of RAM

Model and type (PCI / AGP) of graphics card

Network Adaptor

Soundcard make and model

Any peripherals such as joysticks and rudder pedals

Type of service used to acces the game and speed (eg cable,ADSL,satellite,dialup)

Geographic location

Operating system

Executable used (x86 or SSE2, regular 1.24 or stutter fix)

Please DO NOT post dxdiag reports unless specifically requested.

If I've missed anything then someone please kick me.

Typical CTHLs per day 4

Laptop/Desktop Desktop

CPU model Intel P4 3.0Ghz Northwood 512k L2 cache (tried Hyperthreading and nonHyperthreading)

Motherboard chipset Intel 875PBZ

Amount of RAM 2Gig, 4 x 512

Model and type (PCI / AGP) of graphics card BFG 6800GS AGP

Network Adaptor Intel onboard controller

Soundcard make and model ESS 1969 PCI WDM

Any peripherals such as joysticks and rudder pedals Saitek X52

Type of service used to access the game and speed (eg cable,ADSL,satellite,dialup) ADSL 6Mb/s

Geographic location London, UK

Operating system WinXP Pro

Executable used (x86 or SSE2, regular 1.24 or stutter fix) x86, both vanilla 1.24 and stutter fix clients tried

im getting this Cthl thingy all night (if its the same crash), game just freezes and i have to restart.

2 times in last 10 mins.

intel Core2 duo 6700

ASUS p5n32-sli-se-Deluxe mobo .. latest Nforce 4 drivers (using 1 gigabit ethernet port)

radeon x1900XtX latest drivers. (PCIE)

Audigy 4 with latest drivers.

2gb 800mhz ram

Win XP media center 2005 addition (clean install.

10mbps Broadband supplied by NTL.. south east UK

using stutter fix client in SSE2.

im behind a router but its working in fine order, i was able to play yesterday for 2 hours with no issues, then i get two crashes in gedinne withing 10 mins of each other about 5 minutes ago.

FYI.. 8 people in an armour column to gedinne ALL got hit by this at the same time.. and others got booted as the same time as me, but random members from my squad and not the same people everytime.

bump.

Just had a weird CTHL - got the 45 second freeze with stuck sounds....however when it stopped although it said connection to host lost, error 10057,

I COULD SEE THE CHAT BAR SCROLLING AND HEAR THINGS GOING ON AROUND ME, like footsteps and bursts of fire (not a continuous looping sound) - it would seem that I was STILL CONNECTED but the game had decided by then that I wasn't. Hope this is of some use - please post if you have had a similar experience.

bump.

Just had a weird CTHL - got the 45 second freeze with stuck sounds....however when it stopped although it said connection to host lost, error 10057,

I COULD SEE THE CHAT BAR SCROLLING AND HEAR THINGS GOING ON AROUND ME, like footsteps and bursts of fire (not a continuous looping sound) - it would seem that I was STILL CONNECTED but the game had decided by then that I wasn't. Hope this is of some use - please post if you have had a similar experience.

yeah i get that all the time. im having around 10 million cthl's per day and on several occasions i can still see people moving around, i can hear sounds play etc etc. it seems a bit laggy though.

We are, although it may not be known, tracking these kinds of things. CTHL's and CTD's for some players are always going to be around in a world wide networked client/server game like this, all we can do is try and eliminate them as they come to light, they are in fact caused by a great many different things and many of them not under our direct control. We have reduced them to a very tiny number of the total playerbase, although we understand that this is of no comfort to you if you're one of those tiny few.

It's a constant pursuit, even when we aren't talking about tham we arev ALWAYS tracking and investigating them, and nailing them one at a time.

First thing our coders do every morning is look at the crash logs to determine any new causes, and new places to look for old ones.

bump.

Yep, this is me too.

I know this is a terrible problem for some, and Doc's words are comforting.

I look forward to the day I will be able to play like I used to be able to.

Lot of good adivce here:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=125808

The NETCHECK Utility

In your /Battleground Europe/ folder is a file called ww2_netcheck.bat. If you run that, it will generate a file called netcheck.txt. This file has information on your connection and also does a dxdiag check and puts all that info into one file. And if you have WinXP Pro, it will list all the processes running on your system at the time you ran it, and how much RAM they're using. It also puts your config settings in there as well (it's one-stop shopping for relevent system info - if only we could get it to cut out dxdiag info after the Sound Devices section).

It will do traceroutes to our game servers on both networks and show dropped packets with asterisks. Dropped packets very bad. Run that .bat file to see if your connection shows any.

Also, please always try with the Visual Player Limit set to Low when you are having a problem as this decreases the size of packets sent to you (at higher settings, it becomes more likely that some packets get lost on various routes).

If you've got WinXP Pro, the list of processes running is often key. Many people don't realize how much unnecessary stuff is running. One of the worst problems is processes/programs that look for updates on the internet, which can happen a lot with anti-virus and spyware programs, but also with a lot of other programs. Some of these check the net for an update WAY too often (several times a minute), and can interfere with your connection.

You'll see lines like this:

avgcc.exe 792 Console 0 5,320 K Running (network)\(username) 0:00:00 AVG 7.1 Network Edition - Control Center

I think it is a good idea to run MSCONFIG from Start->Run, go to the Startup tab on the far right of the window that comes up, and turn off everything you don't recognize as being immediately necessary when you start your computer. You can always recheck the boxes to get them to begin on startup again.

You can send those to me and I'll take a look: bloo@playnet.com.

Actually, I solved my problems with CTHL's by opening the following ports in my router:

27015, 27016, 27017, 27018, 27019, 27020 (All TCP).

I have a D-Link G604T Wireless ADSL Router. If anyone wants help to set it up, I can probably try to help.

Also, to get the right configuration everytime - even after reboot - I have DEselected the "Obtain an IP address automatically" in the properties for TCP/IP on my connection.

Instead, I setup my own IP, so my router always open the abovementioned ports to the correct IP.

Thanks DOC, BLOO.

Isn't port forwarding quite risky from a security point of view? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to networking, but i'll try the port forwarding this evening and see how it goes.

3 hrs solid cthl free. port forwarding appears to work - will test more tomorrow.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to forward ports to a specific IP (IE the game server) ?

got a question when the report is made who do i send it 2 sorry 2 take this off the topic everyone i just hopeing if i have this porb that it can be fixed for the time being and i honestly don't know who needs to c it to say if my game and or system is ok and they are still talking to each other at a reasonable level i am a newbe when it comes to this sort of stuff

Last two days numerous CTHL all but a couple happening while at the mission screen waiting to spawn in or more regulary, waiting for mission results. The other times viewing map while in game. Game freezes with a "Lost Connection to Host" in a matter of minutes.

Desktop Comp

Dell

Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz

2046MB Ram

Nvidia GeForce 6800

Local Area Connection> Intel® Pro/1000 PL Network

SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CCCO]

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (joystick)

Time Warner Cable Cincinnati,Ohio

stutter fix applied

Operating System WinXP Pro

CTHL didn't start happening till after the newest patch.

Thanks for any help

Just had a CTHL - after 30-40 mins of gameplay. Lost me matty just outside of oost after 30 min drive :(.

Seems port forwarding is no magic bullet.

I'm sorry to hear that.

May I ask - how did you forward your ports? Did you forward them for specific IP-addresses or for all IP's? And what kind of router do you have?

just the IP for my computer.

*edit*

BLOO has suggested that the cause might be player vis limits (higher vis limit = bigger packets) and to use low vis limit.

I'm gonna try medium and see how i get on, cos low is unplayable with things winking in and out of existence all the time.

just the IP for my computer.

If so, have you then chose to have a static-ip in your TCP/IP-configuration for your connection?

Probably your router is setup to "lease-out" IP-addresses by an interval of 24hours, and if your computer is off or rebooted during this or after this time - you MIGHT get another IP-address from your router. And consequently, your firewall forwarding ports for a wrong IP-address.

Just check your IP in IPCONFIG to see it's still the correct one.

Have done everything suggested on the boards. Still CTHL with the same error message EVERYTIME. Error # 10057. This happens like every 10-15 mins of play. Is a game breaker for me.

I think this is really weird.

For me, port forwarding is definately the answer to my CTHL-problems. I have setup my connection with static-ip, forward the ports ONLY to that IP.

At once I change my settings over to Obtain IP-address automatically, and gets another IP from my router, CTHL's appear again.

(I did Static-IP because of the incredibly clonky settings in the D-Link)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0