• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flatbeat

USB devices remain powered when my system is shutdown?

6 posts in this topic

on a new P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe mobo and i notice all the usb devices i have are still being powered when the computer is shutoff, does anyone know why this might be?

all are Usb 2.0 ports afaik.

I have the same mobo, but mine don't stay lit.

They did on my old motherboard, though. But only after some time. So I think a software/driver conflict may be at fault.

i dont see how a Software conflict could effect the system once the O/S is shutoff, the USB devices are still drawing power off the Psu for some unkown reason.. wasting alot of power i'd rather not.

wake on lan/mouse is all disabled in the bios options.

how long do they stay powered on your setup? since i havent left mine for any length of time im not sure if its just a temporary thing.

On my old rig, they'd stay on all the time, unless I unplugged it. My new rig works fine though. They don't stay turned on.

There are a couple of possible reasons:

One is if the system is set to standby to state S1 instead of S3 in the BIOS. (S1 is a sleep level that leaves all the peripherals powered up, S3 doesn't.)

Another is that some devices (mostly usb mice, etc) have a tab in the device manager called "power management". If the button "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" is checked, then the computer can't power down that equipment and will standby to S1. Go through and make sure these are all unchecked.

Third, it's possible that there are other settings in the BIOS such as "wake up on xxx". Set all those to disabled to make sure that it doesn't keep anything powered up when you want to standby.

One of these has always been the issue when I've had this problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0