Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilgaz

%75 fps INCREASE on 1.20 beta

24 posts in this topic

Man mac coders did amazing job. I see 50 fps levels without quitting other programs compared to 20-22 on 1.19 offline.

Game loads much more smoothly and I think memory usage is degraded.

My system is g5 desktop with nvidia 5200 card, 1.5 gb ram. Running 10.4.2 OS X.

amazing I forgot to tell,this is 1600 mhz g5 desktop. lowest desktop g5. Hope you get similar increase

Getting about 67 fps off-line when spawning opel. Running 1650x1050 - mid-settings.

Nothing great - would like to see 100+ offline with the rig I have.

I'm seeing alot of up/down action with FPS offline, and haven't tried it on the testing server yet - it soars to 60-70 then back down to 14-18 so while the up-spikes look promising...I'll wait and see.

Getting about 67 fps off-line when spawning opel. Running 1650x1050 - mid-settings.

Nothing great - would like to see 100+ offline with the rig I have.

Those numbers , if stable looks excellent. Human eye can only see 25 fps :) Of course, if you get 10 fps at times, its not good.

Don't forget we are speaking about a huge simulation here. We maybe get used to it but there is no such game on planet like this.

Ilgaz - you are right. I meant to say I am not seeing a 75% increase as mentioned in the subject line. The Opel test use to result in 55 fps or so on this system and now a high of 67 - thats roughly a 21.8% increase. Actually thats not to bad. What I am hoping for is that all players can get 20 to 30 minimum no matter how heavy a battle is. I am more interested in 30 fps as a floor rather than 100 as a ceiling.

Pia out.

Sebastian (the rat contract coder) added a lot of optimization knowledge to the game, most of the changes should be noticiable in large battles. Apparently the side effects your are seeing are the result of a large number of small improvements in buildings and terrain. There are more optmizations coming, if they work out, should really affect the Mac even more than the PC. So this isn't the end of better fps!

Fps and bugg work is really important for the customers. Of course it takes time but I think CRS are doing a good job there.

(I am really trying to like the new interface. Maybe there will be some kind of improvement.)

Just DL'd it, gonna try it. Has anyone joined the beta server and fought yet?

I hope the fps increase effects me, also I hope the stutter you get has been corrected. Nothing is worse than trying to track and kill something and you start to drop to 10fps or start stuttering. I cannot tell you how many times that has caused me a missed kill or being killed.

Oh are allll the new tanks avail on the beta server?

Yes, the new armor is available on the beta. Tiger sounds and looks awesome. The main gun is amazing - it appears that the tiger can be tracked pretty easy. Heard that a lot during the beta. The speed of Tiger is good to very good on roads. Pretty cool.

Churchill - tried the tank once - hit Tiger a dozen times no kill but killed by tiger. Not much to say other than I took it out once.

M10 - watch for straffing planes - I was hit by 109 and my rear gunner was hit. I hit 109 with .50 cal and was able to get a kill but I think it was due to someone else shooting the plane down. M10 can kill Tiger in one shot from under 500m meters - killed one in beta. However, the tiger can kill M10 in one shot from 1500m perhaps. Will need to ambush and set up with M10 and I think you will find that inf. support would be a good idea.

Pia out.

Yes, the new armor is available on the beta. Tiger sounds and looks awesome. The main gun is amazing - it appears that the tiger can be tracked pretty easy. Heard that a lot during the beta. The speed of Tiger is good to very good on roads. Pretty cool.

Churchill - tried the tank once - hit Tiger a dozen times no kill but killed by tiger. Not much to say other than I took it out once.

M10 - watch for straffing planes - I was hit by 109 and my rear gunner was hit. I hit 109 with .50 cal and was able to get a kill but I think it was due to someone else shooting the plane down. M10 can kill Tiger in one shot from under 500m meters - killed one in beta. However, the tiger can kill M10 in one shot from 1500m perhaps. Will need to ambush and set up with M10 and I think you will find that inf. support would be a good idea.

Pia out.

Thanks for the report

I hope that the new addition of the Heavies will change game tactics to bring about more of a willingness to cover each other. BTW, I cant wait to see 15 m10s ambush some EA flying over it with their 50's, just for the emersion factors

WOOHOOO 1.20.16 - did opel test and im finally getting more FPS that before (albeit not that much - like 29 from 25)

edit: Woops, clicked wrong playnet folder. that was 1.19. still gettin worse FPS and hi-res foliage isn't appearing.

bummer :(

TBoMBeR what hardware and OS do you use?

I think that CRS have acknowledged that speed and a lean application is important for the user is great. Most companies do not do this and I tend not to go near their software. CRS even brought Warbirds out of their pit but it was too late for them I guess. Most people are in here at the moment (or in Targetware.net).

A special thank you to ahwulf!

I have not tried beta yet, but does anyone on Mac notice a speed increase?

Also atm I have a x800xt and when I put my config on High res trees I get trees and bushes that look like white crystals, anyone get this?

My 2.0G5 with x800 I get 2X FPS across the board in 1.20B from 119. Don't turn up the trees to high resolution, ATI cards can't handle textures that big, leave it at medium, but turn all other tree options up to max. Very nice. You will like what you get. I played 119 last night and hated how slow it was :-)

CRS even brought Warbirds out of their pit but it was too late for them I guess.

No. The team that developed WB sold out to iMagic/IEN and split. One half became Playnet and the other half started Aces High.

These are the guys who put WB in the pit, although it was their baby. :)

Use medium res trees, forgot what the issue was, but it's been this way since the option was there.

My 2.0G5 with x800 I get 2X FPS across the board in 1.20B from 119. Don't turn up the trees to high resolution' date=' ATI cards can't handle textures that big, leave it at medium, but turn all other tree options up to max. Very nice. You will like what you get. I played 119 last night and hated how slow it was :-)[/quote']

nonono thats not what i mean - i'm not talking about the resolution you set it at in the config, i'm talking about the LOD in-game (independant of resolution, sorry for calling it res)

i mean the high detail versus low-detail. doesnt matter what res, there are two LOD in-game. the high LOD doesn't show up

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0