Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rum

Mac patch 1.24.2 doesnt work?

24 posts in this topic

Looks like patch is not working.

I downloaded it, installed successfully.

Installer said its ok but game version is still 1.24.1.

Tryed to launch game online, patch downloaded again, installed the files then failed on the "patching" stage

Looks like CRS put online a wrong patch which does not adjust version?

Yep. Same problem here.

In the past (as this is a bloody recurring issue), firing up the game off-line sometimes corrects it. I'm going to try that now...then do a complete reinstall..and go from there.

(dual 2.0 G5, 8 GB ram, x800, etc...etc....etc...)

S! GL

UPDATE: Nope. It's totally porked. Can't even get the game to fire up off line.

UPDATE 2: Even playgate and the config app are now corrupted. Both fail to launch. Time to trash everything and go with a complete reinstall.

Yup....same here.

RED ALERT!!!! I'm going through withdrawl!

VS

PS: Grendel I did the full re-install....did the same exact thing...loaded playnet, then searched for updates...said game is out of date...downloaded the patch (a little over 7megs)...goes to "patch" then fails.

Same problem. It plays offline but start up screen shows version as old build. Same story even after using full package install.

UPDATE 3: Even after a complete reinstall, the game shows the old version and starts the process all over again.

Nice beta testing CRS. How about expanding that a little?

Note: The update has been applied...it jsut registers the game as the wrong version. Same problem...different patch.

UPDATE 4: Notice that the README during patch intallation reads: Version 1.24.1.255 (9-15-2006). Opps.

UPDATE 5: Patching just corrupts the files. If you apply the patch, none of the wwii online appls will launch (the game app, config and playnet).

Guess we're on the sidelines until this gets fixed.

I have exact same problem and I wonder if you notice same thing, when I click the installer on desktop, it says "Classic not installed" and shows as a "Application (Classic)"

Now it did ever a weirder thing: It decided to download full version.

Man, this is all because Macs has no advanced installer can launch Unix programs you know? :( I suggested Wise X (new version) to CRS, they said it can't do stuff they need.

do CRS know this problem looks like quite a few of us have it, I just want to play I havent got anything else to do tonight, I wonder how long it will take them to sort it?

Browsing the ftp server with Cyberduck ( http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14426 ) the file listing and dates (use sort by date) makes perfect sense. The patches were put on FTP server same date/time as win32 version and full versions also have current date and different size than the older full version.

BTW, ftp server address: ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com

When I download the patch manually, it gets written as "Classic Application" to my desktop. The idea behind ".bin" files is, to make sure your file gets same filetype and resource you intended on end users desktop.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all because of Wise installer and 10.4.8 OS X version.

Apple doesn't give a heck to backwards compatibility and Wise is always problematic.

Bummer. Me too. Well fed up.

Somebody just goofed, they'll have it fixed soon. Lol, these little episodes just confirm what my wife keeps telling me: "You're addicted to that *?%# game!".

Browsing the ftp server with Cyberduck ( http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14426 ) the file listing and dates (use sort by date) makes perfect sense. The patches were put on FTP server same date/time as win32 version and full versions also have current date and different size than the older full version.

BTW, ftp server address: ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com

When I download the patch manually, it gets written as "Classic Application" to my desktop. The idea behind ".bin" files is, to make sure your file gets same filetype and resource you intended on end users desktop.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all because of Wise installer and 10.4.8 OS X version.

Apple doesn't give a heck to backwards compatibility and Wise is always problematic.

Are you saying you found a version that works?

Are you saying you found a version that works?

No, I am downloading full install now, hoping it may work or at least it won't show up as "classic application".

Sorry if I expressed myself wrong.

Have raised this with Gophur, he was already looking into it but he is on this with Rickb right now.

New patches up.

New full install going up shortly.

Gophur is on it!

(edited subject line and made sticky)

S! Thx bloo!

However I'm getting the following:

"Safari can’t open the page “ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/wwiiol0001242.bin” because it could not load any data from this location."

Heh. You're using a windoz server aren't you. ;-)

Edit: Note: the POINT release patch doesn't work if your apps are already corrupted. You'll need the full install. As of this writing, i can't get to any of the full install links. ....

Have raised this with Gophur' date=' he was already looking into it but he is on this with Rickb right now.[/quote']

Geez KFS1, this kind of quik action along with the alt-f4 penalty CRS is introducing has got your stock soaring lately.

S! Thx bloo!

However I'm getting the following:

"Safari can’t open the page “ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/wwiiol0001242.bin” because it could not load any data from this location."

Heh. You're using a windoz server aren't you. ;-)

Edit: Note: the POINT release patch doesn't work if your apps are already corrupted. You'll need the full install. As of this writing, i can't get to any of the full install links. ....

Give time to full installer. Safari tries to say this:

550- No such file or directory

It is standard "file not found" error (ftp code) and they use ProFTPD on Linux or BSD, they are not nuts. ;)

Downloaded the full install.

If you fire up playgate, I get the following:

'Could not find the application requested by the game server. Game will not be launched as a result.

Verify that the game is installed corectly or possibly reinstall."

*sigh*

Downloaded the full install.

If you fire up playgate, I get the following:

'Could not find the application requested by the game server. Game will not be launched as a result.

Verify that the game is installed corectly or possibly reinstall."

*sigh*

You mean, the full version on FTP server right now? The buggy one was deleted and new version was put, likely 10 mins ago or so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0