Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otacon16

8th Oct event

22 posts in this topic

a well thought out attack by the axis, but we managed to hold em off in the end, i think we maybe had 4 allies left when it was declared a draw, you hit us hard but we clung on, i think the funniest part was when i think his name was tauau was using area chat, which i could see being allies, saying everything they were doing, move north to next building, clear this house, watch doors, LoL obviously didnt realise allies could understand it and kept jabbering away, anyway well played on both sides

S!

The fight as "seen" by a surviving axis HT driver, monitoring the 2nd platoon radio net (KG Wiking TS) and text chat.

Axis loaded up by platoons on their vehicles and began their march to the rendevous point. 1st and 3rd platoon were loaded on Sdkfz 251c vehicles and all of 2nd platoon piled on one Sdkfz7.

64-128 player limits made it impossible for the vehicle drivers to see other friendly vehicles. This made the drive to the NW slow and did not allow for formation driving.

Each unit moved to the rendezvous point seperately and all arrived without incident. Infantry remained mounted. When the order to dismount was given, 2nd platoon, located south of the road, was forced to cross the E-W road dismounted with no cover due to a communications error.

251C Crews were instructed to follow the infantry that dismounted from them and provide support with their MG. As the Sdkfz7 driver, I was told to remain at the dismount point and await further orders. This allowed me to listen to the radio.

Once movement began towards the objective, platoon leaders found it difficult to communicate with their squad leaders via text chat. 2nd Platoon had one squad join the fight late because they did not hear the order to move. Apparently they were not monitoring the assigned platoon chat channel. Platoon leaders also had difficulty communicating with each other, and the platoons each made contact with the enemy seperately.

Once contact was made, squad leaders did a good job of maneuvering their elements on the objective and were able to seize all the buildings in town except the easternmost.

Third platoon seemed to take the most losses first. I cannot comment on why that was.

I know that at least one 251C and one Sdkfz7 survived the battle, I don't know how many of the dismounts survived.

Keinerda

Axis 2nd Platoon, HT driver

Ill comment on why 3rd took biggest losses... We where put to attack se forest... NEOS force where supposed to be on our left flank *just north of us*

But for some reason he didnt get order. So my guys and me where orderd into middle of town *ab* while the rest of our forces where on western side of town. Tottaly cuting us off...

ever one dead but 251 driver. honestly we followed order and got slaughterd

I know for one thing that our LMG's really did give it to the axis. One of your 251c's decided to drive right in the middle of town ahead of everyone else. I'm surprized he made it out :)

Actually in reguards to that 251c I'm sure that my platoon's ATR had some fun with him. He was the original ATR in the church. I relocated him into a spot so that when the 251 came down the road I'm sure my ATR handed it to him.

Other than that, most of my duties was organizing people. I had an uneventful death to a very lucky rifleman. We double killed eachother. I heard our LMG's very often I'm sure they gave you guys hell.

This event went along way toward showing us what we need to work on. Team and individual movement, and more detailed initial orders.

The attack into town was relatively easy. The enemy had little in the way of an advanced element. My Squad, took initial casualties from the red buildings north of the AB. So I sent a fireteam to flank and take the building. They did so, but sustained serious losses.

One of those deaths was self-inflicted, guess the stress was too much for him. ;)

Out of 9 personnel the team was depleted to 3 including, however, we had made it to the crossroads. This is where english and other languages differ. I saw over the GM chat that "The axis are allowed to withdraw". To me the word "allowed" means that we could withdraw without being shot at. Needless to say, seconds later after I was in the open, we were told by the platoon leader to becareful BANG. Black Screen.

This was the most intense and best of the events so far, even with the misunderstanding.

I got very frustrated having a squad leader who was more interested in following orders from GN, than leading the squad.

Not to go into details but the squad leader was inexperienced, and I thought calling the entire western defence to fallback into town was a bad call. We could of left our W recon where they were outside the town hidden and while the majority of the Axis were in the town could of been right behind them but nooooo....SL gives the order to fallback to the AB, 1 minute later "Where are you guys, why aren't you in the bunker!?" Didn't wait for us to get back to town, no covering fire just expected us to magically teleport 500m+ to the bunker within 1 minute.

I had way more fun once I did get in town, I was in the mini factory with Fridge and he and I stuck together for the rest of the event. We killed a bunch of EI and had fun! Hopefully gonna hook up with him next time.

Thanks for the 333rd originally letting me in their squad, a shame we had to merge and lose control of the squad...

and for people wanting to lead, if you have little or no experience please don't try learning it in an event. It wastes our time considering simple mistakes can cost us our only life in the event and all that time put into it

and for people wanting to lead, if you have little or no experience please don't try learning it in an event. It wastes our time considering simple mistakes can cost us our only life in the event and all that time put into it

Being leader in these events are way harder than in regular game and there is not many who want to be a leader. Luckily Axis side seems to have enough leaders now. It's friggingly hard to lead full squad and try to keep yourself alive. It's even harder to platoon leaders, who need to keep their all squads in right place and communicate to other platoon leaders. Even if you don't need to use text buffer you get very busy sometimes. With buffer it's almost impossible to do all these things effectively.

One main problem is that we dont have that many seasoned leaders. Being good leader in regular game dosen't make you good leader in events. Only place where to learn these skills are in events.

lol whats wrong with following orders from me? If you guys stayed out on the far W you would have been completed destroyed. Your squad leader did a very good job of executing his orders.

I can assure you that in-town fighting was our best chance of survival, especially because they had 2 251c's and us with only ATR's.

Wait for lindir's debreifing, you'll find out just how well we did.

lol whats wrong with following orders from me? If you guys stayed out on the far W you would have been completed destroyed. Your squad leader did a very good job of executing his orders.

The squad leader was good at being your puppet. The squad leaders primary goal is to keep his squad alive, running into town by himself without making sure the rest of his squad is with him disgraceful. He left us behind!

I can assure you that in-town fighting was our best chance of survival, especially because they had 2 251c's and us with only ATR's.

You had an SMG, of course city fighting was good for YOU. Most of us had rifles. 251c's have a limited arc of fire and our infantry could of easilly been hidden to fire the gunners in the rear or thrown grenades. There were many bushes and berms to hide in and instead we had to leave those spots so we could be your fodder.

And I recall you running around gnpatton, you were our leader and worth a lot of points. You should of stayed hidden somewhere.

cant wait for the next one tbh, but gnpatton you didnt listen to me at all did you? i said, letting them into town is a REALLY bad idea, we should pick them off with snipers and LMG's while the smgs observe and save ammo for shorter range fighting, but you just continued to do your own thing, which nearly lost us the event...

cant wait for the next one tbh' date=' but gnpatton you didnt listen to me at all did you? i said, letting them into town is a REALLY bad idea, we should pick them off with snipers and LMG's while the smgs observe and save ammo for shorter range fighting, but you just continued to do your own thing, which nearly lost us the event...[/quote']

im AXIS and im telling you that would have been the worst idea.... We would have punched a hole into the city ever harder... But sence you pulled back into town it turned out to be a draw.

So dont get on his case.........

I don't plan to continue an arguement on tatics but please when I am leader, listen to me. When you are leader I will listen to you. Our own worst enemy is not doing things according to plan.

i RTB. WHen Lindir said that axis need to rtb i came out of the house and i hear the 231 falling back 2 guys were running to catch the 231 but my instinct say that im able to kill atleast one and i did it, sorrry about the guy that i killed 6 sec before I RTB

im AXIS and im telling you that would have been the worst idea.... We would have punched a hole into the city ever harder... But sence you pulled back into town it turned out to be a draw.

So dont get on his case.........

i believe im entitled to my own opinion, regardless of what yours is i stand by my own

i believe im entitled to my own opinion' date=' regardless of what yours is i stand by my own[/quote']

yes you are even if its wrong your right.

I don't plan to continue an arguement on tatics but please when I am leader' date=' listen to me. When you are leader I will listen to you. Our own worst enemy is not doing things according to plan.[/quote']

Agree 100%, that's the idea...

While in mission maybe a good idea to make suggestion, but carefully, not flooding.

After missión you can chat with your leader and comments things.

But in mission always follow the plan.

As a retired real world Training Instructor for the U.S. Military I can tell you something about training and leadership.

No one, and I mean no one is born with a "Natural" ability in combat leadership. Tactics and strategies are taught, but deciding when and where to use them is only learned through training.

Everyone, from the lowest level private to the highest level general has an idea about what should be done. However, the person designate to lead you is the only one that should decide what will be done. I have let Majors and Captains totally screw the pooch, that is how they learn. I have reprimanded, people who fail to follow orders. No matter how stupid the order is, your job as a platoon, or squad member is to follow them.

Now after the action is done, and you have done your part in following the orders, then and only then can you offer your suggestions. The hardest thing to teach is knowing when and when not to follow an order. That only comes with experience. Rule of thumb in the US military is "If it is not immoral or illeagle, you follow the orders". Keep in mind there will be times when you will be saccrificed to support your leaders mission goal. Your job is to carry out the order as best you can.

After this event I see a huge need for both sides to practice individual and team movement methods. Windhund will be conducting a training operation this Saturday (15th october) at 2pm EST. Anyone who is mature may attend. If you want to act like a butthead, please dont show up.

I liked the event, and as stated earlier I died due to miscommunication. I thought the allied defense was good. In fact, I agree with both sides of the tactical argument. I have seen one person keep an entire platoon frozen in place in real life, and maybe leaving a guy outside of town would have been a good idea. Likewise, forcing the enemy to close with you is an equally good strategy.

I disagree that the axis could not have controlled the town. In fact, we were about to begin mop up when the game was called. But, that too is a judgement call of the exercise controllers.

Overall This was a blast.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0