Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Upcoming Version Note (Read)

39 posts in this topic

Any more news to report? How much longer estimated at least? A lot of us are just dieing to get back in game on OS X. We appreciate the effort of CRS to port the game to Intel Macs, but it's been close to a year - not quite a year but almost. How much longer if anyone can say? Will there be an open BETA or just a regular release when it's ready? Thanks again and thanks for supporting the Mac platform too.

I bet we all will get a chance to test it as an open-beta before it is released. CRS has runned all (I think) new major patches in open beta testing since v1.19 was tested in open beta.

I got my panties all twisted up when I saw this thread had been bumped. I thought, "THIS IS IT! BRING ON THE NEW VERSION!"

But no. nothing. nothing but broken dreams.

Damn you. Damn you all!

;-)

S!

So far the latest beta is still a bust, as the updater went belly up. Hopefully a new beta will come out early this week. I still can't tell you how great it is since I can't run it yet.

I hate to bump this thread again and get everyone's hopes up but I wondered is the Intel Mac version going to make a 1.25 PreXmas release? I mean, I've been reading all the production notes and it seems like CRS hasn't mentioned any word of an Intel Mac version for 1.25. Hey, I can wait, I really have no choice but to wait so I'm not being a whiner. I'm just wondering how things are progressing. I have a PC at home that I play on so it's not a show stopper for me, but I really enjoy my OS X on my MBP and want to play some WWIIOL on it without having to clog up my system with 2 OS and run bootcamp. It's just a pain in the butt for me to run Windows on my MBP just so I can play WWIIOL. Any word how things are progressing or possibly if it will be delayed past 1.25? Not going to criticize CRS for it, just some official information from CRS for the customers would be nice regarding a time frame for the Intel Mac version.

I hate to bump this thread again and get everyone's hopes up but I wondered is the Intel Mac version going to make a 1.25 PreXmas release?

I certainly hope so. I've put the windoz version on my macbook pro. While it runs perfectly fine....it just doesn't look right.... I've messed with the settings for hours, and I just can't get it to look 'correct.' I am pretty much resigned on waiting for the Intel version. Playing on windoz just blows.

I certainly hope so. I've put the windoz version on my macbook pro. While it runs perfectly fine....it just doesn't look right.... I've messed with the settings for hours' date=' and I just can't get it to look 'correct.' I am pretty much resigned on waiting for the Intel version. Playing on windoz just blows.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. Windows is great on my PC, but my Mac is my Mac and I like OS X on it and I just don't like running Windows on it along side. So pretty much no WWIIOL for my notebook for almost a year now. I feel bad for the people with Intel Macs that don't want to go and spend the money on Windows to play. If I didn't have a 2nd PC with Windows I probably would have cancelled my account until the Mac Intel version was out if all I had was my Mac. I support CRS for all their efforts in supporting the Apple platform. I'm not going to be too critical, but really I think they should at least give some official word on the Intel Mac version. It worries me that their is absolutley no mention of it in any of the production notes. It's almost as if they are avoiding the issue completely. You think that would be a major feature to be announced in the production notes for 1.25 - Bah, I know it's a lot of work for them to port it over and it's well appreciated given the state of Mac gaming in the first place. I'd just like to know what's up or if we have to wait another month or two months or whatever.

Yea, I think we're all getting a little jittery for some news. I've been plodding through endless suicide missions with 8-12 fps running on Rosetta - I simply can't bring myself to ruin the karma of my MBP with a windoz anything. My choice, I'll live with the results. I appreciate the Rats commitment to Mac players and the upcoming port and I expect they will need all of us to help them get the beta right given the myriad number of details to work through. I get the feeling we mac players are going to get to know each other quite well when that time comes.

S!

VS

Don't worry, intel is coming with 1.25, although there are a few bugs (having to do with the granny library) with reloading animations that won't be solved before launch. 1.25 is making good progress but there are still many issues in the general code base.

Remeber that RickB does all the coding on his new Mac, and Killer was so impressed with it he said his next comp will be a Mac too.

Besides that is both Gophur and Bloo I think (or is it Rafter) on a Mac. So I don't worry that much. :)

Bloo has a mac now, though it's a little weak in the speed department. Gophur has something like 3 macs in his hole. Rick has a nice fast new Intel iMac.

i know its probably hard to say, but if you could guess,

when all the universal binary stuff is sorted out,

will ww2ol run better on OSX or on windows (via bootcamp)?

I don't know for sure, but I would think it would run faster on windows - at least until Leopard comes out with the multi-threaded opengl stuff.

I only say it because I believe Nvidia and ATi drivers are more optimized for windows. I mean they spend more time working on the drivers for windows then Mac thats kinda what I mean.

Almost every game I have that is on both OS X and Windows runs faster on Windows. FWIW, I just put bootcamp back on my MBP - uggh, at least until the unibin comes out.

Gosh I can't wait much more but until then I guess bootcamp and WinXP for me.

cheers

Still not sure of the ultimate speed, but don't expect it to be as fast as windows yet, since we are still dealing with the same pipeline. It should be somewhat faster but until the new engine comes in, it won't be 5x faster or anything. Once 1.25 is out we can then try the multi-threaded opengl and see what happens.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0