Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrAnit

Keyboard problem

5 posts in this topic

I have a recurring problem with my keyborad while playing WWIIOL (and only WWIIOL). After what seems to be random intervals (like 10-20 minutes) of playing, the game will not except keyoard input (although the joystick works) until I hit a any key 10-20 times, then the keyboard works again. Switched keyboards and have same problem. I think this started sometime after 1.23. Any ideas what this might be????

There is a potential conflict with USB keyboards and USB controllers on the same USB chip.

Three solutions out there (that I know of):

1) use a PS/2 keyboard

2) plug keyboard by itself in SEPARATE usb circuit (by this, I mean add-on card or separate chip if on MB).

3) If your BIOS supports it, tell the BIOS to support the USB and legacy keyboard in the BIOS, not at the operating system.

On the off-hand it's a power related issue, play with various USB connectors on your PC and see if it helps any

Cheers,

you can check the power draw on each usb slot and what it's rated for by going into System>hardware>device manager and under the usb header check the properies of each under the "power" tab...

you should make sure that you have your devices properly powered and the particular usb port you have it plugged into can handle it's power needs...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0