• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monstery

New Computer, Game is MAD Slow (and other stuff)

22 posts in this topic

Picked up a Gateway, Dual Core processor, 6300 @ 1.86 Ghz with 1 gig Ram.

Display adapters Intel G965 Express Chipset Family.

The game is extrememly slow. I can't even get past brigade select screen, and can't get into brigade HQ to select class and enter game world.

Scroll of map is extrememly slow, and clicking tabs does nothing.

Any ideas? Feels like I'm on a 286. Game loads lighting fast, just every slows down as soon as I'm in.

Thanks,

It sounds like you system doesn't have any dedicated video memory but instead is using 'shared memory' (a common way budget PC systems are configured). Instead of having a graphics card with it's own dedicated memory amount (usually today 128mb, 256mb or 512mb of what's commonly called video ram built right into the card), your system is using an onboard graphics chipset (Intel G965) built into the motherboard and is using part of your 1 gig main system RAM for it's graphic processing needs, which leaves even less for the CPU to use. For moderate PC processing tasks (game with low intensive resource needs and desktop applications (productivity work) this arrangement works fine. But for high demand gaming (like WW2OL) this is usually a woefully underpowered way to go.

In summary you are running out of memory because you only have 1 gig of memory that must meet both your main processing (CPU's needs) and your graphics sub-processing needs.

You need to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card with it's own memory.

Thanks!

What a bummer- the life of a computer know-nothing.

Tried to enter gameworld just now, and got kicked to desktop- *sigh*

i'm guessing, but from what you posted, that's a "budget" system, and is really nothing more than an over glorified word processor...nowdays (no offense intended).

i see a lot of people think they can get a budget machine from gateway, dell, or even wally world, and be able to run modern games because "it's a new machine". what i try to tell them is they've bought a new yugo or ford pinto...it's new, but it's not gonna pick up chicks.

Yes, I learned the hard way, but I usually do. :)

Came home with a ProMagix E2210, 2.4 GHZ dual processors, 2gb memory, and a NVIDIA 7950 GT.

I think I'm rollin' now. :)

Just gotta d/l the game about 20 times to get past the corrupt file fun, and I'm in there!

i'm guessing, but from what you posted, that's a "budget" system, and is really nothing more than an over glorified word processor...nowdays (no offense intended).

i see a lot of people think they can get a budget machine from gateway, dell, or even wally world, and be able to run modern games because "it's a new machine". what i try to tell them is they've bought a new yugo or ford pinto...it's new, but it's not gonna pick up chicks.

whats wrong with wallyworld ? :)

I got a box only from wally world, but i know what i was looking for

I got a xp4200 dual core with 2 gigs of ram (upgreadable to 4 gigs) and a 300 gig HD Raid with (as usual integrated graphics) but with a pci x slot for 400.00 (cant beat that) so I went and bought a ATI vid card pci x and put it on and whaala 60 fps 45 busy air and 45 fps 35 busy

Hmm' date=' got purple smoke and the sky seems "layered"... smoke effects very boxy- suggestions?[/quote']

Did you update your drivers? New machines usually have the default stock drivers that are often several years old, or they use the crappy Microsoft drivers.

..bought a new yugo ..it's new' date=' but it's not gonna pick up chicks.[/quote']

laugh.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

laugh.gif

oh and you have new hardware, update drivers

I believe the driver is up to date...Forceware Version 91.47?

91.47 is not the newest driver but it is fine and probably not your problem. Alot of people us the 91xx driver so don't worry about that.

91.47 is not the newest driver but it is fine and probably not your problem. Alot of people us the 91xx driver so don't worry about that.

What do you think could be making the discolored smoke and poor sky texture?

Yes, I learned the hard way, but I usually do. :)

Came home with a ProMagix E2210, 2.4 GHZ dual processors, 2gb memory, and a NVIDIA 7950 GT.

I think I'm rollin' now. :)

Just gotta d/l the game about 20 times to get past the corrupt file fun, and I'm in there!

What processor is it exactly?

I know it might be confusing, but the speed doesn't really indicate how "fast" it is.

A 2.4ghz Pentium4 is EXTREMELY slower than a 1.86ghz Core 2 Duo.

What do you think could be making the discolored smoke and poor sky texture?

Go to your nvidia control panel and click "restore" at every setting; set everything to default. You might have low quality settings turned on.

Either that or it's a corrupt download.

Also make sure you have the latest version of directx-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=013C0F78-3C9B-44DC-B8BE-46783BCAC3CB&displaylang=en

Luckily, your problem DEFINITELY does *not* sound like any kind of hardware artifacting; just low quality texture effects.

What processor is it exactly?

I know it might be confusing, but the speed doesn't really indicate how "fast" it is.

A 2.4ghz Pentium4 is EXTREMELY slower than a 1.86ghz Core 2 Duo.

Go to your nvidia control panel and click "restore" at every setting; set everything to default. You might have low quality settings turned on.

Either that or it's a corrupt download.

Also make sure you have the latest version of directx-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=013C0F78-3C9B-44DC-B8BE-46783BCAC3CB&displaylang=en

Luckily, your problem DEFINITELY does *not* sound like any kind of hardware artifacting; just low quality texture effects.

The exact proccesor is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600

I have direct x 9

I will try new d/l too...

Thanks for the advice, as always, much appreciated.

Great procesor and card you should be pulling 30+ fps in most demanding situations with lot of effects on.

Great procesor and card you should be pulling 30+ fps in most demanding situations with lot of effects on.

Yeah, easily. A far cry from my old average of 10-15 :) I average about 45 in full blown high pop fighting, 100+ in the countryside. What a joy.

Obviously, I still have a lot to figure out, like resolution, and the color problem, but the game is brand new again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0