Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monstery

22" LCD "Stretches" Things...

10 posts in this topic

Try another resolution in the WWIIOL settings.

WWIIOL does not have native support for widescreen resolutions; it will appear stretched at such resolutions.

Either manually enter the resolution in the .cfg file like Hassel said (and don't open WWIIOnline settings before playing, it will reset the resolution). Or if you have an Nvidia card you can have it display a 4:3 resolution and put black bars on the side.

I recommend setting the resolution yourself. It will chop a little off the top and bottom of the screen and the overlay graphics will be stretched (lower left map will be an oval not a circle) but I think it's the best option for widescreen displays until they put in proper support.

In the next version' date=' you'll be able to select non-standard (.80 and .75) ratios from Settings.[/quote']

OH MAN, THAT IS *AWESOME*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of us have been waiting a LONG TIME for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the next version' date=' you'll be able to select non-standard (.80 and .75) ratios from Settings.[/quote']

could you explain that abit more as i have no idea what .80 and .75 meens is it something like a 16:9 and 16:10 setting for widescreen?

3/4 (TV) = 0.75

1/1.25 = 0.80 (e.g., 1280x1024)

Don't ask me why other options weren't displayed in Settings when available on the system. But at a guess, it might have been inability to test this in the office (I think only Granik has a wide-screen monitor now and that is new).

I think referring to the ratios in "0.75" form is programmer convenience.

Bloo, are you saying we'll be able to select just .75 and .80 or will there be other options such as .625 which is the standard widescreen monitor ratio (16x10)?

If so this is great news!

It's not really clear from "In the next version, you'll be able to select non-standard (.80 and .75) ratios from Settings." Since it looks like you're saying that .8 and .75 are the non-standard ratios you can select.

Thanks for the info.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0