Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ralpher1

Ok, got a new Rig, nothing special...but the framerate is still awful as infantry.

68 posts in this topic

No difference in frames with x16 ansio and x16a AA on or off. No difference at 19x12 or 10x7.

The 8800GTX was made to do that and it does.

BTW the grass shaders cause full system lock up. :(

Grider - turn off the v-sync. V-sync maxes out your frames at the monitors response rate. So if it is set at 60Hz, you will get MAX, 60 frames. Turning it off allows your frames to raise higher and run independant of the monitor refresh rate.

Ralpher:

Your vid card sux.

Replace it with (I assume you have PCI-E on that Mobo?) a good nVidia card. If you look at most benchmarks for it, it is ranked BETWEEN the nVidia GF6600 and GF 6800 (can you say OLD technology?), which is MAX 8x AGP, not the 16x PCI-E like your card. Note I said between, actually it is closer to the 6600 than the 6800 and that says something! It does slightly out perform the 6800 in 3DMark05 testing, but slightly at 16x vs 8x is nothing to be proud of, especially given it's scores with games like Doom 3, where it sucked eggs.

If you decide to keep that card, realize you have a nice system that is being held back by your video card. Good luck with that...

Let me add this also. For the life of me I can't get rid of a layered sky in WWIIOL. All other fligth sims no gfx problems. But WWIIOL all I get is a layered sky color. Very annoying. Anyone have a fix for that?

Load the game again.

VSYNC

has always been off

never had it on

no option is on,

none.

As you can see in my post, I quoted grider and I was responding to him. He said he had v-sync on and was puzzled by his sometimes "unplayable" FPS. V-sync obviously has a large impact on FPS.

framrate, is usually, 15ish in battles, on foot

basically, it, is the ati card.

I know the 1600 isnt great..but it should do...

I mean, compared to some of these cards people are claiming to get so much better reslts with

Im talking, NO AA, NO AF, no vsync

nothing.

this system should do better :\

Which cards are people getting better results with? Can you name a few?

You shouldn't expect great results with the X1600; it's a low-range card, period.

Aside, from that, have you considered what I said about the RAM?

Your performance will improve if you have 2 sticks of RAM in dual channel mode (the color-coded slots) rather than 3 sticks of RAM. Take out one stick and make sure the other two are in the same colored slots (if your motherboard uses color-coded slots).

I got some performances here and there ...but I guess Ati does not like the trees :\

It's not that ATI doesn't like rendering trees (or isn't good at it), it's that ATI cards have inferior OpenGL performance to Nvidia cards. WWIIOL is an OpenGL game.

Also Ralpher, you haven't told us yet what resolution you're running the game at. You should know that you shouldn't expect great FPS if you're running the game at a high resolution with that video card.

EXE:

x86 exe not the SSE. SSE caused lockups.

NT Compatibility on removed stutters.

You will gain a significant amount of FPS and have "smoother" play by using the SSE2 version, especially on your system. I've not heard that it causes lockups, but it *does* sometimes cause the infamous concussion bug. It's rare enough that it's worth it using SSE2.

As for NT compatibility, as of many patches ago it no longer has any impact whatsoever on stutters. I recommend you disable NT compatibility, it no longer offers any benefit whatsoever.

First of all, nVidia cards simply run better than ATI cards in OpenGL software. No ifs-ands-or buts about it.

In any case, you need to TWEAK your PC to get alot better performance for this game. Here are some pointers that will help, guaranteed:

1. Make sure your OS is running lean - in other words, turn off all services you don't need. Choose the obvious stuff and leave the questionable ones alone, if your unsure. Also make sure the PC is gameable in terms of clean -- don't O/D on antvirus and other crap. Sometimes too much security works against gamers. A average AV software and Windows Firewall is all you need. Keep it simple. Keep the ENTIRE PC simple...

2. Run RivaTuner on any decent PC and tune the OpenGL settings, and I would recommend letting the software auto-overclock the card somewhat. It will help alot as long as the rig has enough fans to circulate air.

3. If you don't need 1000x Antialiasing and stuff (exhaggerated of course), find something reasonable. You will gain about 10-15 FPS for every AA setting you drop, or even more. Same for resolution. I use 1280x1024, 2x AA with everything else lean, and get 50-150 fps depending on where I am -- on a 6600GT card (see specs in my sig). It looks awesome and runs smooth as silk.

4. Add extra fans if you can. Heat is one of the major factors in FPS drops, especially in store-bought PCs designed for manufacturer PROFIT and not gamer's FPS. Make sure the powersupply is enough also. Your PC may still run, but slower if not enough power is getting to all the components.

I have never had a problem running this game on various rigs, but any low FPS always had the same common denominators that are avoidable without spending more money on stuff. Most of it can be avoided via OS adjustments and keeping your system running lean for gaming only.

thank severyone, just bought a nvidia 7900 OC (It says it runs at 520 mhz..not sure if its the GT one or not,,,,didnt see GT anywhere, but it was $250)

im replacing the 1600 when I get home

I think this will work

thanks for all the help guys

wish me look

so long radeon

not sure if it's been said already, 'cause i'm just not interested enough to read all of the responses. :D but...

buy more ram!

thank severyone, just bought a nvidia 7900 OC (It says it runs at 520 mhz..not sure if its the GT one or not,,,,didnt see GT anywhere, but it was $250)

im replacing the 1600 when I get home

I think this will work

thanks for all the help guys

wish me look

so long radeon

If it was $250 it must've been the 7900GT.

Sounds like you made a good purchase, I'm sorry it worked it that way though. Definitely try and get your money back for the X1600 (or sell it on eBay as a brand new card).

Also, please do try and remove that 3rd stick of RAM and see if that helps (or if you really want to take it further, just buy a 4th stick so you're dual-channel will be enabled).

Good luck!

that last response was funny, buy more ram

when two responses before that, it was take ram out

rofl

OK GUYS..the nvidia card fixed EVCERYTHING

it all works

it wasnt the GT, but its still working PREEEEMO.

its the GS OC 7900.

cleaerly much better than the x1600 at open gl applications

this is awersome

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

aI had a feeling from the beggingin of the thread it was the ati-tree issue.

now, cleartly, we ALL KNOW, it was that.

and I am so happy this game is working PERFECTLY for me now

PERFECTLY.

thanks again erveryoine

you too bilton

lol

piece out everyone

No difference in frames with x16 ansio and x16a AA on or off. No difference at 19x12 or 10x7.

The 8800GTX was made to do that and it does.

BTW the grass shaders cause full system lock up. :(

Then I would bet at a nvidia driver problem. My 6800Ultra gets 40-80 on the ground, 120+ in the air.

3 GHz PIV, 2GB RAM.

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card

I dont understand these ppl with badass systems getting crap frames man....

You gotta tweak that stuff out man...

*check your running services

*check your running proccesses

*check HD space

*page file

*Update drivers - including Motherboard, Soundcard, Video Card ect

and newest drivers might not always be the best

Ive got 2.2ghz AMD64 overclocked to 2.9ghz,

1gig ram

and just a 7800gt

i got 100+ in the air

and i never go below 30-40 fps which is plenty playable, on the ground with High vis setting

so, it seems, the trees are flickering stilll, i may have changed a setting, or have just been kluckyt in my first observation

but other than the ttrees flickering...only through bonculars..(and thats it)

its perfecto

i can deal with a litttle flicerking...sometimes its more , than others..so its not to bad

anyways...i might have done it to myself too who knows, lol, atleast the frameareatses solid now :)

iom drnunk

thx all

rofl

OK GUYS..the nvidia card fixed EVCERYTHING

it all works

it wasnt the GT, but its still working PREEEEMO.

its the GS OC 7900.

cleaerly much better than the x1600 at open gl applications

this is awersome

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

aI had a feeling from the beggingin of the thread it was the ati-tree issue.

now, cleartly, we ALL KNOW, it was that.

and I am so happy this game is working PERFECTLY for me now

PERFECTLY.

thanks again erveryoine

you too bilton

lol

piece out everyone

IT WAS NOT THE DAM ATI CARD!!!! It was the OLD *** ATI card you had. You could have had a OLD *** Nvidia card and gotten the same dam results.

For crying out loud.

IT WAS NOT THE DAM ATI CARD!!!! It was the OLD *** ATI card you had. You could have had a OLD *** Nvidia card and gotten the same dam results.

For crying out loud.

Define old?

nVidia GF3 Ti500 series run the game just fine.... STILL and the x1600 is 2 years newer. ;)

Now Aint That Interesting?

Define old?

nVidia GF3 Ti500 series run the game just fine.... STILL and the x1600 is 2 years newer. ;)

Now Aint That Interesting?

Performance wise x1600 is OLD as hell. Alot happens in 2 years, I had 6800GT's running SLI and in 1 year there were single cards that outperformed them.

And if the ATI thing is some kind of BS message that I was downing ATI then you really need to reread my post again.

Glad everything worked out for you.

rofl

Here's the thing; we were both right.

Because DDR and DDR2 RAM operates best in dual channel mode (meaning when there are an even number of identical sticks), your performance is actually being reduced by having 3 sticks instead of 2.

By having 3 sticks, you've essentially turned off dual channel mode.

If you bought another stick (having a total of 4), you'd then have dual-channel mode active again, so the advice "buy more RAM" is accurate.

If you don't have the money to buy another stick of RAM for now, taking out that 3rd stick of RAM will actually increase your performance by switching back to dual channel mode as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0