• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WILDHUND

Logitech G15 Keyboard

50 posts in this topic

it doesn't have anything at all to do with the amount of usb devices in the least bit. you could have 10 or just two usb devices' date=' it all has to do with just that one keyboard hid that causes the problem and absolutely nothing else... [/quote'] Question, then: if it's that specific HID that makes the joystick not work, in my case that would be the feature of the G15 that allows me to record macros. Why is it then that if I enable that HID, but disable something else, for instance the ability of my G5 mouse to map its buttons to keyboard commands, the game also works? So in my experience, there isn't one specific "problem HID." I have found that at least the G15 macro one and the G5 button-mapping one both appear to be the "problem HID," but yet will work fine as long as another HID is disabled.

I know you've spent much more time studying this than any of us, but I find the idea of the single "problem HID" (at least as I understand your post to mean that that HID will always cause a conflict when enabled) to be out of line with what I've observed. Does that make any sense?

plug the usb keyboard into a usb/ps2 adapter and run it off the ps2 slot.

or

turn on USB keyboard in Bios.

maybe, GL.

well, that's definatly a new thing then as I've never seen that in over 6 years of working on this specific bug. it's got to be something specific to the g5 mouse and the usb keyboard also being a logitech product. prehaps, since logitech created both of the hid drivers and they are so similar in nature, that the combination of the two are causing this on your system. this is VERY interesting then.

see, it's never been about a hid for a mouse, ever. only usb keyboards [or some other more rare devices]. this IS a totally new iteration of this bug. and actually, may even be the key for CRS being able to replicate it finally in house as Bloo went and bought a g15 keyboard. if adding a g5 mouse along with the g15 keyboard can always cause this, then it can happen on thier system for them to check as all they'd have to do it buy that mouse.

see this doesn't happen only to logitech people, it has nothing to do with logitech but now two logitech products when used together are combining this bug. first, we need to rule out that it's the g5 specifically by trying to see if the bug pops up if you use a different brand of usb mouse.

if you are game, let's do some real work on this, do you have access to another usb mouse?

if you do, plug it in instead of the g5 and see if this new mouse causes the problem.

also another thing that needs to be done (after doing the simple test above) is to remove the g5's program's and drivers and then install the other usb mouse's drivers and any programs for it.... only need to remove it through either add/remove programs in the control panel or the "uninstall" link for the mouse in your start menu. don't need to go fiddling about in device manager or anything....

also, if you can send me your dxdiags. one with the g15 and the g5, then one with the g15 and other usb mouse, and also two more with their programs/drivers removed. you can email em to sgtspoon@comcast.net

this really may just be the key to solving this thing depending on the above results....

if you don't have another usb mouse, if you have the money for it, one thing you can do is goto staples or walmart or somewhere like that with a good return policy and just buy it and then return it the next day.... doesn't need to be fancy, just usb and preferably, not logitech [mircosoft intellipoint would be fine as we just kinda want a no-frills usb mouse. that is if you are comfortable doing that...

you've got my full attention now, it's been a year or two since I've seen an occurance of this bug that's been even a little bit promising... and thanks for sticking to and asserting your observations as I have been kind of burnt out on this bug since doing so much work on this that I did become fairly complacent about it. I just kind of stopped looking for new causes or exploring new ideas about it since I was constantly hitting a brick wall.. it took me a bit to fully grok what you were saying.

but I hear you now and I'm willing to explore this bug again with your help. I have CRS'S ear directly about this bug and if we can come up with something cheap and easy to help them create the bug on thier system, they will definatly be able to fix it then....

email me and let's start breaking this down... sgtspoon@comcast.net

Tx SgtSpoon, I'm really excited that you think this may be a new development. I'll get to work tonight on troubleshooting as you suggested. I am a total mouse whore, so I have plenty to test (one other is Logitech, so I'll skip that one). Do you think the reason this bug doesn't normally occur with mice but is in this case is because the HID is essentially emulating a keyboard (for instance it's the thingy that allows me to map the side button to "R" for reloading)? Anyway, I'll get to work right now. And I suggest someone at CRS buy a G5 anyway cause it's an awesome mouse :D.

Well I can't seem to find the "edit post" button...

Played around for about five hours and found some very interesting stuff. Huge pile of data e-mailed to SgtSpoon. Hopefully it will help.

I love the G5 mouse and Saitek X-52 but the G-15 was a disappointment to me. The macros just arent as flelxible as the X-52s and wont do several things that the X-52's can. After a week with it I returned it and got back out the old wireless keyboard.

I love the G5 mouse and Saitek X-52 but the G-15 was a disappointment to me. The macros just arent as flelxible as the X-52s and wont do several things that the X-52's can. After a week with it I returned it and got back out the old wireless keyboard.
Yeah, I just recently got a lot more time to play the game and decided to make some more interesting macros for the G15. I was disappointed a bit, too, but I hope maybe they will continue to develop the software for it. One thing I wish it could do is to launch an app, and then a macro automatically after that. For example, I have a macro to launch Teamspeak, and a macro that connects to the OKW server, but that takes up two buttons on the keyboard for what is essentially one event. I'm curious what else the X-52 can do in addition (I have one but don't use it right now and never got too crazy with programming it).

What irks me is that I have an X-52 that is dead to the game. Every single other device I have works fine ingame, but not the Saitek. I have a G15, G7, MS Precision 2, and a Logi Dual Analog all plugged in and all work tip top. Plug in my X-52 and it's like it might as well not be getting power. I've tried different combinations of devices plugged in... My HID list is a veritable charlie fox of a minefield to walk through with so many entries.

S!

actually, it may not be getting enough power also if you have all that plugged in...

once you find the hid and disable it, just leave it disabled as it shouldn't really effect anything else or at least something that is commonly used (like media buttons on a keybaord).. it's the only way it'll work (unless it's a deeper issue with drivers not being properly installed).

also, when you plug in a device, windows will change it's controller ID number (which isn't based on order of plugging in or anything but the much more random seeming ascII code of the manufacturers name). so when you plug it in, it may simply be being bumped over a controller number, so you may need to remap it.

so first, for it to be this specific hid bug, it has to work in windows and in other games other than ww2ol. to see if it works in ww2ol, go into the keymapper and try to keymap something with it. it's the only sure way to tell.

this is actually a windows bug, not a bug with ww2ol. ww2ol just doesn't compensate for it because it's undocumented by MS and they can't fix what they can't replicate..

but to check the power, go into device manager and under the USB section, check the properties of each usb root hub and look under the "power" tab. it'll tell you how much is being drawn by what usb device, how much the hub can handle being drawn on it's ports and such and you can see if you have it plugged into a hub that just doesn't have enough to power it... Remember to have everything plugged in at the time and check each usb root hub..

also, try not to have it plugged into an external hub (self powered or not) but directly into the mobo's usb ports

Well any word on this it's been awhile now.

saitek x52 pro

logitec g15 usb keyboard

logitech g7 laser mouse

my new saitek does'nt work in game.

Thought I would mention I have a G11 keyboard and a G5 mouse with the Saitek AV8R. My joystick isnt seen by ww2 online. Vista 32bit

its usb... game has problems with usb keyboards on some computers i took mine back, shame so many have this and it can't "be found"

right

Merc88

Merc87

Merc86

that's because this bug doesn't effect everyone, not even two people who have the exact same equipment. it effects about 5% of usb/wireless keyboard users regardless of make and model of equipment.

which is why it hasn't been able to be fixed yet as CRS haven't been able to replicate in house at all over these last 5 years that I've been pushing to get this fixed. they've even gone and bought specific test equipment [such as the g15] to try and fix this bug but it's occurance seems to be dependant on some hidden factor, not just make and model or amount of gear alone...

I've got a Saitek St290. i dunno.

I had a xbox 360 controller in usb too. When I unplugged the xbox 360 controller the joystick then worked in game. WOOT!

Go into device manager, disable (dont delete) the HiD devices on top, see image:

Image00002.jpg

The one that is disabled is the ones with arrows pointing down to the left of text.

I came in here when I experienced the same no visible joystick problem with my X45 but thinking it had something to do with the Vista HP on my wife's HP. When I saw the HID reply from Sgt. Spoon it hit me that I had experienced this problem on my Dell XPS machine as well. Bottom line; Trust Sgt. Spoon's insight. His solution worked for me on XP and now on a Vista system though this time I had to reverse the process and disable every single HID to get to see my Saitek x45. What's interesting though is that each time this has happened to me it's been with a combination of Saitek and Logitech. This time the Logitech product I had installed was a Logitech 2.4 wireless joystick. When I instaled the Saitek software it asked to install a Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse and I don't know why because on this system both the KB and Mouse are wireless HP. My Dell does have a Logitech G15. Anyway things are working now so the HID solution is most valid. Thanks SgtSpoon.

vonBeeg

3 PzG

I came in here when I experienced the same no visible joystick problem with my X45 but thinking it had something to do with the Vista HP on my wife's HP. When I saw the HID reply from Sgt. Spoon it hit me that I had experienced this problem on my Dell XPS machine as well. Bottom line; Trust Sgt. Spoon's insight. His solution worked for me on XP and now on a Vista system though this time I had to reverse the process and disable every single HID to get to see my Saitek x45. What's interesting though is that each time this has happened to me it's been with a combination of Saitek and Logitech. This time the Logitech product I had installed was a Logitech 2.4 wireless joystick. When I instaled the Saitek software it asked to install a Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse and I don't know why because on this system both the KB and Mouse are wireless HP. My Dell does have a Logitech G15. Anyway things are working now so the HID solution is most valid. Thanks SgtSpoon.

vonBeeg

3 PzG

Havent heard of any instances regarding this issues that dont include logitech / saitek hardware.

Edit: And only heard of this instances with any saitek JS and logitech G11/15.

If you have G15 you don't need Schmads TS applet because the keyboard has it's own aplet that shows the TS info to the keyboard screen intead of it being superimposed on the monitor. Try it!

G15 ,G5 and a Saitek X-52.............Is the only way to play WOOOOOOT :D;)

Oh never had a problem with any of it and if you running team speak make sure you get Schmads TS Applet great little tool.

It looks like we might finally have trapped this nasty bug with a combination of G15 keyboard + G5 mouse + a couple of different Saitek sticks (X45 system and Cyborg 3D Gold).

A programmer is now trying to nail it down and kill it good. But this may take some time, as it may be more Windows-related than our code (we don't actually do much with USB and HID stuff, because DirectX is supposed to handle that).

It looks like we might finally have trapped this nasty bug with a combination of G15 keyboard + G5 mouse + a couple of different Saitek sticks (X45 system and Cyborg 3D Gold).

A programmer is now trying to nail it down and kill it good. But this may take some time, as it may be more Windows-related than our code (we don't actually do much with USB and HID stuff, because DirectX is supposed to handle that).

ok thats good, cuz i still have the problem.

Woot! I'm about to build a new system next month, and I've been wondering if it will also have the Logitech bug. It would be great to see this one squashed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0