• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slr

Running two copies of the game at once

8 posts in this topic

Is it possible to run two instances of the game at once (subject to having the horsepower to do it of course)? I'd like to get a second account but although my other PC can just about run the game, I'd rather do it all on my main machine since that way I have TS and the flight yoke/joystick available the whole time for either account. I wondered if it was impossible, feasible or definitely possible, and if there are any gotchas or configuration changes needed. Does anyone else do it?

Yes, Ive done it but you have to go into settings and turn off sound for the second copy before you launch it. Additionally, it would probably be best to do it on a dual core system. Mine was single core and it eat up some fps to do it.

Yes it is, just alt/tab between them. It is possible to run 3 just fine, trust me :)

1 trick you might use is to disable sound in settings before you start second account so you don't have double sound issue in game.

Thanks. I never thought of the sound issue. I take it there is no way of muting the game sound within the game so that you can switch between them? I think I know the answer to that one, since you can't even adjust the volume level except in the separate settings application. Even driving a truck without sound could be a recipe for disaster though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0