• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chippewa

Stugs

8 posts in this topic

I finally got some good tank kills this map. It seems like I don't always do well in tank-to-tank encounters. Last night I took a Stug IIIG towards a town we were attacking. I went to the northeast of the town and parked in one of those wide open scrub fields, about 2km from the center of town. Our attack came right down the road from the east and of course was repulsed.

From my vantage I saw an M10 drive up and park about 1200m sw of me. He was watching the east-west road to his southeast. The stug is a funny thing in that you have to spot your target, then turn the tank so that your gun can hit it. Of course the rangefinder is priceless and I used that to my advantage. I fired 2 shots at him both hitting. There was no fire or explosions but they were solid shots so I just waited not wanting to give my position away. He despawned, kill #1.

Next I heard another M10 moving west of me. I spotted him, tried to swing my tank around and then I lost him. His engine was off too so I couldn't hear him either. I got into the commander and could just barely see a part of him parked behind a bush. From the gunner I couldn't see it behind the bush. I went back and forth from commander to gunner picking out things on the horizon to verify the correct bush. I found the range at 1,100m and then fired. After 4 shots or so he caught fire so I knew it was a good kill, #2.

I stayed in the same exact spot and heard a tank moving along the east-west road. The road was 1km south of me and flanked on both sides by trees such that I couldn't see anything moving down it. Directly south of me the road emerged from the trees into more of a bushline but that gave me a clean shot. I waited too long to turn but I spotted the M10 moving fast down the road. I swung my tank around and had to take many shots. This one I hit a bunch of times but kept firing because I wanted to make sure. He finally flamed, kill #3.

I heard another tank moving down the road. This time I prepared and lined up a shot on the part of the road that enters the clearing BEFORE the M10 got there. This was much better because by the time he got there I had an easy shot. Bam, kill #4.

I assessed my ammo at that point and with 20+ AP shots left I thought I could take one or two more. At this point I started taking fire. Another M10 had left the town to the south and crept up to a nice firing position. He must have seen me take out the last tank. My tank was pointed in the correct position so I jumped to the gunner and quickly lined up a shot. Too late, I was toasted. The driver was alive so I threw it into reverse and backed away, hoping to make him waste more shots and possibly expose himself.

n0013

lol aahaha well atleasts its not like the time i aws engaged to a stu and first shot at 2k+ on me took out my gun frontally man did that piss me off other than that gj

n0013

lol aahaha well atleasts its not like the time i aws engaged to a stu and first shot at 2k+ on me took out my gun frontally man did that piss me off other than that gj

That happens so much it isn't even funny.

But yeah chippewa i'm not much of a tanker myself but when I get in the stug it's a different story :)

My highest kill count has always been in the stug. It's a beauty of a tank.

We were defending a town today and I found a place to sit halfway up a hill where I knew a friendly was close enough to cover me and he was calling me because there was an M10 on top of him and he was a rifle I think.

So I made it towards him and blasted it until it despawned (don't know where to shoot). Heard some tanks coming down the road to my north so I pointed down the hill towards the road and sure enough an M10 and a Sherman came in. I flamed the M10 but the sherman just despawned after I degunned him.

Then a sherman drove right by me to my left so I shot him until he despawned but as I was driving towards him my driver got killed and someone shot my tank to bits.

It was fun though, got 4 kills and that's more than usual for me :P

Chip.

i love the stug... i have found myself this map flanking my targets more... since frontal engagements oddly enough i lose too alot againts sherms and m10s... must have something to do with modelling of armor and mantlets...

i love the stug... i have found myself this map flanking my targets more... since frontal engagements oddly enough i lose too alot againts sherms and m10s... must have something to do with modelling of armor and mantlets...
No way, they're just really really

Really

lucky.

I find out that when I go frontally with atgs that ca not penetrate me after second shot frontally 90% of the time gun disables. Its so much bull**** that it really piss you off. Funny is a wole Allied campaign playing almost allied armor had 1 gun disable so far I have 6 this campaign.

BTW with stugs VS M10 if you hit them on the hull they are as good as dead many times the engine will blow even if you hit them frotally mantlet center no chance to penetrate but a bit on side will kill gunner for sure.

Sherman are tricky alway aim driver area will usually explode the Sherman and on turret on the left or right edges everywhere else on turret shots will bounce.

On sides 1 shot should be more than enouph. The safe bet on the side shots aim engine will light them and burn to hell. Its much safer than hitting center or front cause many times will not kill gunners unless the shot is direct on turret.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0