Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baer

Just my luck! (low fps)

28 posts in this topic

I decided to get back into wwiionline after a year long break and was pleasently suprised to see it would be just in time for a new patch. I resubbed for 4 months and jumped right in as a German rifleman in a town under infantry and armour attack. When I spawned in my FPS was at an earth shaking 2 FPS. Ok, no problem, almost every time I spawned in in the past it would take a couple seconds for my FPS to get up into the 80's. I wait patiently to no avail, so I head downstairs and run to the outside of town where the enemy should be attacking from. The whole time my FPS never was above 5 FPS. I then get a black screen but I can still hear myself running, and no I didn't get shot. I had to shutdown the computer just to get out.

I have a P4 3.2 processor, 1 gig of ram, 150 gig harddrive, 256mb Geforce 6800 video card (overclocked), and my operating system is still tweaked to run wwiionline at it's best from the last time I played. What gives? Right before the black screen I saw a spit strafing the AB and I was thinking how the heck is he flying with the slideshow he must be seeing.

I'll give the rats a solid week on this problem but after that I'm going to ask for a refund.

im the same, everything tweaked to play wwii online and it was 80+ fps before 1.25 came out... im lucky to get 3fps now

It's not a general poor fps problem... most people report it as intermittent. I used to get 40 - 80 fps at all times, but now my experience is what a lot of people are discussing on chat in-game.

To start, my fps is reasonable... in the range 25 - 45. Then, maybe every 2 minutes, it drops right down, perhaps 1 - 5 fps. That lasts for 5, 10, 20 seconds then clears.

I thought at first it was sound related, but I have tried disabling sound completely and it still happens.

It usually happens when there is a lot of "activity" - other players, shooting etc.. but again, it isn't predictable - sometimes it happens when there is nothing going on, you are not moving and the view is not changing at all.

Anyone else got any clues on the cause? Any official word?

It's not a general poor fps problem... most people report it as intermittent. I used to get 40 - 80 fps at all times, but now my experience is what a lot of people are discussing on chat in-game.

To start, my fps is reasonable... in the range 25 - 45. Then, maybe every 2 minutes, it drops right down, perhaps 1 - 5 fps. That lasts for 5, 10, 20 seconds then clears.

I thought at first it was sound related, but I have tried disabling sound completely and it still happens.

It usually happens when there is a lot of "activity" - other players, shooting etc.. but again, it isn't predictable - sometimes it happens when there is nothing going on, you are not moving and the view is not changing at all.

Clues to the cause: I notice it when an airplane gets shot down and is burning. Lasts until he despawns.

Yeah revert back to 1.24, let us enjoy our xmas break instead of yelling at everything :rolleyes: and use the word ''BETA'' :confused:

Dont feel too bad...I just spend a A$$ load on a new PC (my Xmas present to myself). I play Oblivion with all settings maxed out and its smooth as silk. With AA 4x /AF 16x at 1600X1200 res.

MS Flight Sim X ... while no details maxed...still looks sweet (no PC built now can run MSFS X at max detials)

3dMark06 at almost 9000.

WWIIOL ..... sometimes I get 80 fps...and in town battles I dive down to 20 fps. With intermittent stutters into the 1-8 fps range.

My system:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 (2.67 Ghz)

eVGA Nvidia 680i mobo

2 Gig of Corsair DDR800 Dominator Ram

2 (Yes 2) eVGA 8800 GTS w/ 768mb in SLI (97.44 drivers)

Soundblaster XF-I Extreme music

WD SATA3 (640 GB total) HDD

WinXP Home SP2 with all updates

Pretty sad..... I guess the engine for WWIIOL is just not going to play well with new technology.

Yeah revert back to 1.24' date=' let us enjoy our xmas break instead of yelling at everything :rolleyes: and use the word ''BETA'' :confused:[/quote']

You know every time they do a big giveaway, they screw the pooch...

game is unplayable most of the time where i want to play.

my fps increased quite a bit after initial 1.25 patch , i was thriled and had no ctd's. Now after the 3 post 1.25 mini patches my fps are lower than ever, go figure. I'm thinking it's server related as everyone around me was at 3 or 4 fps, unplayable.

I've noticed that when I'm on TS with a few mates who are also playing. We've noticed that if we're in the same area, we all get the temporary reduction in fps at the same time.

It can be presumed, therefore, that there is something in the area that's causing it to happen.

-vcbmav

My PC Setup:

MB: ASUS P4 C800-E Deluxe

CPU: P4 2.4 GHz

PC Memory: 2 x 512 GB Corsair Twin 4000 Pros

Video Card: GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256 MB

Sound Card 1: Audigy 2 ZS Gamer (Game)

Sound Card 2: Audigy 2 (TS)

Network: Intel Pro/1000 CT

Connection: Ethernet 6 Mbps

Memory usage after 6 hours playing:

WW2_x86.exe: 668K

PF usage: 2.05 GB

PF limit: 2.5 GB

PF peak: 2.2 GB

available memory: 98K.

CPU usage: 55%

FPS: 0 - 7, sometimes steady at 2 - 3, best at 12 to 17

ping: 98 - 156

Sound: No problems in game or with TS

Netcode 2: enabled

Visible players: low

Finally had to reboot after the theatre screen became all white and wouldn't refresh even after switching personas.

SSE2 gives me concussion bug..

What else can i try.. My experience so far has been what others have written.. Good FPS before patch, 1-2 fps at random.. then 40-70 for a few seconds..

Revert, simple as that..

I also re-subbed recently, and I'm very sorry i did, so far.

SSE2 gives me concussion bug..

What else can i try.. My experience so far has been what others have written.. Good FPS before patch, 1-2 fps at random.. then 40-70 for a few seconds..

Revert, simple as that..

I also re-subbed recently, and I'm very sorry i did, so far.

Relax, they are working on it!

:D

chef

Has anyone noticed that the training server is glitch free and has normal FPS like before (before 1.25) I have not had a single problem since it came back up :confused:

It's Xmas for christ sake...

I'm sure that you guys can find something else to do with your holiday time than just play wwiiol... as fun as it is.

The rats are most definately aware of the situation and will most definately

start working on the bugs and framerate problems as soon as they' done opening their X-mas gifts, just give em' a break.

CHILL OUT.

It's Xmas for christ sake...

I'm sure that you guys can find something else to do with your holiday time than just play wwiiol... as fun as it is.

The rats are most definately aware of the situation and will most definately

start working on the bugs and framerate problems as soon as they' done opening their X-mas gifts, just give em' a break.

CHILL OUT.

Jeez ya ask a question if anyone has had similar experences elsewhere and ya get that, me thinks its someone else that needs to chill out if they read everyones post of troubleshooting only to reply like that.

Oh and no need to shout my eyes can hear just fine ;)

yes im having probs,this game has reached the lowest point ive seen it in a year for my machine.what are you supposed to have to run this game with decent fps 20-40.ive upgraded like 3 times in a year and every new patch sinks the fps even lower.might be time to start working on fps solution because its turning into slide show of just sitting around sniping cause thats all you can do.there is no reason in this world that the coding on this game should have to load 1km away staring at a brick wall 2 feet away.

Garbonzo, I gotta believe that if there is anyone at CRS with an IQ above room temperature, then they had to figure that their Christmas was going to be farked when they released an un-beta tested huge patch a couple of days before Christmas. Lets not forget, it was their decision to release this patch when and how they did.

Last night while attacking this town down south, we all had the 1-2fps thing happen. It was at the same time and lasted for 30 - 60 seconds. Dang long time. It was a major attack, we had 50 people on just one mission. There was another mission coming in from the north. Don't think it was the ATGs since they were taken out early on and problem continued. What else is new?

- new feature with dead bodies. eveytime somebody dies maybe it causes all our machines to stuttutuuttererereer?

- new night time timer * historically accurate since you sleep at night. How could this cause problem?

- poop on the binos. Maybe everytime someone uses their binos, the poop causes lag. Yup, probably bino poop.

- Fog Fix? well its a change, but could the weather be a factor?

Odd isn't it. since lots of us have it together, could it be something on the server?

Also, things didn't seem so bad today, didn't get into any big battles just some bombing in the z lands and some other resupply. Didn't get the big FPS drops though. Were things actually better today or not?

INF.

For once a bit of good news. I logged on at 11pm (central time zone) as a rifleman in Laon, which was under armour and infantry attack, and was greeted with 30-40 FPS the whole time. Of course a year ago I would have been averaging around 70 FPS, but beggers can't be choosers. When I logged on there was a small update I had to go through, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Lepski, that would be outstanding news. I hope that patch did the trick. I'm at work right now, so I'll have to wait until later to try it. In any event, S! to CRS for working Christmas Eve to try and get a handle on the problem.

Thanks guys! Now go home and have some egg nog and cheer, FFS!!

Well, just tried the game. There is no new patch since the last fix-it patch, and everyone is still hampered by the low fps :-(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0