Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enderum

can't play at all!?!??!

10 posts in this topic

Hello, i just got this game today, and for some reason its not allowing me to update, it wont even allow me to get onto the game could someone plz respond?

You need to better describe what happens for us to be able to help you, what happens when you try to update, where does the problem occur?

after i click the desktop shortcut the game askes me to sign in, i do, then it gives the option for an update but when it goes to do it, the update fails and directs me to the manual download on the website.

If you installed from an old CD version, then you should download the games full installer, the latest one should be the full download and should not require patching.

it said it could "initialize'." or something along those lines, i was thinking it was because i dont have older patches?

Enderum, when update-issues occur, it's best to download the full client (will be latest version) from the website. No updates required if you install that one.

A squaddy had the same problem and had to go into zone alarm and allow the program. Not sure what antivirus you are runnng, check that.

1) Try to fix your connection to FTP sites. Start - Settings - Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections (tab) - LAN Settings (button). Check "Automatically Detect Settings".

2) Same screen, click on the Advanced tab and click the "Restore Defaults" button.

3) The built-in Windows firewall will also block your connection: http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp This could also apply to any other firewall that you may have installed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0