Followers 0
bitburn

Macbook

8 posts in this topic

Works fine on the MacBook Pro

2.33 GHz Intel Core 3 Duo

3 GB ram

ATI x1600 256MB

FPS is similar to a Dual 2.0 GHz G5 running a x800 video card.

All in all not bad.

Now I just wish I could alt-tab out of the game and CHANGE THE BLOODY colors of tags in game.

S!

Rgr that...I'm running MAcBook Pro 2.0 Intel, 2Mgs ram, 1600 vid card. 1.25 is a LOT better now that it runs native versus on rosetta in emulation. fps went from 8-10 to closer to 30-40.

S!

VS

But it WONT run on a MacBook since it has no graphic card, but only a gpu-chipset on the Motherboard.

To run this game must you have a decent graphic crad with 256MB memory. A graphic card with 128MB memory is most likely not enough (the gpu on these cards is in most cases to weak).

Vstrider,

Seriously? You're getting 30-40 fps? On a MBP?

I'm on a 2ghz Intel Imac with the 1600 card at 256, and 2 gigs of ram, and am barely eeking out 15 fps @ lower res and everything off, including the chat box (which slows me significantly).

Sounds like I have something wrong, no?

Edit- Also, are the rest of you experiencing animation issues with certain British infantry units, like rifleman (screen blacks out for a few seconds between each shot fired) and lmg (when deployed, no view of sights as they are blocked by the clip)?

Vstrider,

Seriously? You're getting 30-40 fps? On a MBP?

I'm on a 2ghz Intel Imac with the 1600 card at 256, and 2 gigs of ram, and am barely eeking out 15 fps @ lower res and everything off, including the chat box (which slows me significantly).

Sounds like I have something wrong, no?

Edit- Also, are the rest of you experiencing animation issues with certain British infantry units, like rifleman (screen blacks out for a few seconds between each shot fired) and lmg (when deployed, no view of sights as they are blocked by the clip)?

Just a note: FPS numbers mean NOTHING without knowing the parameter settings (i.e. resolution, video settings, etc.) AND the environemnt (i.e. off-line, on-line, empty town, full town with planes, etc.)

The only way to really compare FPS is to match settings and go OFF-line. There are too many variables for any other comparison.

So....

I get anywhere from 8 fps to 50 fps in towns, on-line with a MacBook Pro. It all depends on the number of ppl in the town and what's happening (i.e. planes bombing, etc.).

Also....I haven't seen any animation issues at all.

I think the MacBook has a similar card to the Intel Mac Mini. I've only loaded the game once, without changing the settings and was getting about 4 fps. I wasn't expecting much with the Mini, but hope to eventually get better fps than my G4 450DP :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0