• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stigman

LAG SO BAD CANT PLAY

21 posts in this topic

I was just killed 5 times becuse off lag 1fps 2fps cant move gun, cant shoot.

why is game so bad now if it keeps up like this i cant play. why did they release this,,, im running g5 1 gig ram, tiger, updated drivers for 128 9600 card. whats going on??? the best i get is 15 to 25 fps with drops to 1 and 2 fps. what can i do to fix this:mad:

There's a bug in the game code that was introduced in v1.25.3. CRS is hunting for the cause of that bug, and will fix it as soon as they can.

yah, macs are already pretty slow ingame.... I cannot tell you how many goto shoot but cant senarios ive been in sofar... or made a crater to lag in the air.

There's a bug in the game code that was introduced in v1.25.3. CRS is hunting for the cause of that bug' date=' and will fix it as soon as they can.[/quote']

It was prevelent at 1.25 - .3 is no different.

Hmm, i'm glad i havent bother to log on since 1.24 then. I want to be it seems unplayabl so i will wait and play other games untl you guys seem happier with the mac version. :) Let me know :D

Stay outside and hold some distance to the most hottest places. That reduces the lags considerably.

The lag is worst when a plane is destroyed, which makes flying somewhat challenging;). I've noticed a briefer period of lag when a hulk is destroyed.

I might add that this lag problem also exists in the PC version of the game. My PC goes down to 3 or 4 FPS when there is a plane overhead.

I also experience sudden drops to 1 or 2 fps. In addition, i completely lack a big part of the city textures, and the water is filled with huge pixels that seem to be reflections of nearby stuff. But wait - there's more: My joystick doesn't work anymore which means I can't spawn aaa's, atg's, tanks or planes anymore. And as the horrible lag stops me from playing infantry, I'm ONCE AGAIN in the position of not being able to play the game at all. This is starting to become the normal state of things these days. Why can't the rats for once put some ice down their pants and cool down the pace of introducing new features and focus on making the game playable instead? Why rush out stuff that doesn't work? Why piss off the customers? Why not be a little more business-like and actually test the stuff properly before forcing us to update to versions that don't work?

Don't confuse lag with low FPS. Lag is network latency (slow/bad connection), poor FPS is due to poor or slow rendering.

The game info shows your ping (measurement of lag), which is how long it takes information to travel from you to the server and back. Usually I get a steady 100 milliseconds or a bit lower, which is not bad. If it gets higher or isn't steady, you may have ISP or connectivity issues (try checking "use Netcode2 beta" in the game prefs).

As for FPS, take a look at your graphic settings in game, try turning all shaders, specular, v-sync, normal maps and post render OFF. Also, before you launch the game, try setting your resolution to what your desktop is set to.

And check out this thread: http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?p=2204897&posted=1#post2204897

Guys, canceling service is not going to help anything, the less money they have the fewer folks they have. The fps drops that happen happen on both platforms, apparently a bug in explosion effects or hulk making or something that occurs on killing stuff, it slows everything for while it is happening. The sound anomolies are wierd and I will investigate once Rick is back in town Tuesday and send me the source (I wrote the mac sound code remember).

Don't forget this version has the most changes of any in the history of the game, so I expected a lot of wierdness.

I will create a stick for new bugs now that I am back again.

I realise too many people cancel, CRS lose a lot of money and are potentially in trouble. But sorry, that's not my problem - nor any other player's.

As you admit the problem exists on both platforms and makes the game nearly unplayable for some. So why should anyone pay for that? One of two things should have happened - the program should have been tested sufficiently to iron out such a major issue before release, or if that was not possible release should have been delayed. How can CRS expect people to pay for something that's broken?

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, I'd rather keep playing it as my nightly release from 'real life' and I want CRS to remain, become more, successful. But I can't justify, like I said, paying for something I can't use. I'd say no one else can either, in honesty.

So, as an alternative to cancelling accounts, why not credit users with time? Add up the days between releasing 1.25 and fixing it then credit that time. Or even half of it - since the FPS drop seems to hit about half the time I play.

Sorry if this all sounds harsh, or anti CRS. It's not meant to really, I in fact am in awe of you guys and think you have the potential to offer a superb product here. It's a unique game, which is uniquely addictive and in my humble opinion vastly superior to anything else currently offered. However, I'll say it again, why should I pay for something I'm not even going to load because more often than not I can't play it due to an issue 'at your end' not mine!

Good luck on fixing it soon. No matter what I do, I will be back, I enjoy this game too much. However others may not - releasing broken stuff is seriously risky.

If all player would had had that attitude in 2001 wouldn't you played this game in 2007.

It is just because lots of people believed in that WWII Online was meant to be a great game why they stayed put and supported CRS with their money that CRS is still an active and independent (but small) company giving us this great game.

Has it ever stroke you that if everyone would have your attiude would there be no game to come back to. Heh!

So I'm guessing if I were a web designer creating a site for you and managing it on a daily basis, doing updates etc., for a monthly fee but said "sorry, I'm only going to do this 50% of the time and the site is going to be down, or too slow to use, 50% of the time" you'd still pay me.

Or if you wanted a car and was told, before buying it, that it would only work occasionally, it'd definitely break down at least 3 out of 10 times you drove it without fail, that it'd be unreliable, you'd still buy it.

Bet you wouldn't. But an odd thing happens with software - particularly games. Users (and I include myself here) will tolerate problems, they'll even come to the defence of the company publishing the thing, rather than say "hang on, I'm paying them money for this, why can't they deliver a usable product"!

Yes, mate, it's certainly struck me that if everyone had the attitude you think I've got then this game may well not exist and that would, for certain, be a shame. But has it struck you that if more users were a tad less tolerate, less quick to defend the publisher, and a bit more wary to pay out for something that doesn't do what they hope it would then the publisher would realise that to stay in business they need to improve.

1.25 is an improvement over 1.24 in theory. Certain elements are a big improvement - bouncing grenades, etc.. But the problems brought on by it, with three 'fixes' released in short succession failing to fix them, show to me that it wasn't tested properly. That perhaps this release was rushed out for Xmas. If that's the case, nice try, but I think it'd be better to respect the public that pay to play this game by saying "sorry, it won't be out by xyz time because it doesn't work properly" rather than just chucking it out and hoping for the best. I've no way of knowing if that's what happened, I've also no way of know how much testing was done on 1.25 before it was release. What I do know is it's bugged to the point of unplayabilty and that, frankly, shouldn't be paid for.

As things stand we whinge about the problems, we don't like them, we maybe don't even play waiting for a fix. But heaven forbid we criticise! We should erase all thought of not paying for something that's broken from our minds - sacrilege! We, in fact, should pay them more so they can fix it.

If CRS was publishing an Open Source game on donations only I'd do just that, I really enjoy this game and I would donate to help them get it right. But they're not, they are running a business publishing a commercial game. That's a tough world and if you can't cut it you lose. Now I seriously hope they can cut it, and I really hope they fix this soon. But I can't afford to keep paying when I can't reliably use the thing I'm paying for. If you can, good luck to you. Or if you have a higher level of tolerance where these problems are concerned, again, good luck.

^^^^ A-freaking-men!

Nowhere else in a free-market society are issues like this tolerated. The only reason i havent canceled a long time ago is because the money I do pay is so insignificant and trivial (same as a couple trips to starbucks a month) - that the money truly isnt much of an issue. If (more than likely WHEN) I finally do get fed up and unsub it wont be an issue of money, but more of principal. Paying for something - however insignificant the price - that grossly fails to meet minimal expectations, will someday be a matter of principal I can no longer tolerate.

For now, im not even going to try to play until this gets fixed and just consider my monthly sub fees a "donation".

We go though this ever major release. Sigh.

Please note I don't work for CRS, I volunteer and still pay as well.

It was tested during a long beta cycle, but certain bugs only appeared when it was released to the whole customer base (ie the fps killer). Unfortunately you can't do a wide test with 100's of people unless you get 100's of people to test, it's the nature of a net based game. Even a full open beta rarely gets more than 20 people on at the same time. If CRS had 100's of employees they could do it, but they don't.

Personally I would have waited for 1.25 until Jan 2 but that's not something I have any influence on (plus I was out of the country for 10 days).

As always, everything will be fixed in time. None of the other similar net based games have any better release stories either, and most of them have big staffs. Nature of the beast. I've been playing this game for 4 years now and every major release brings pain for a while until it's mostly fixed and no one complains. At least until they decide they need more features...

Tuesday Rick is back to work and we can start nailing down fixes. Meanwhile please post in the bug sticky: we can't fix what we don't hear about.

So I'm guessing if I were a web designer creating a site for you and managing it on a daily basis, doing updates etc., for a monthly fee but said "sorry, I'm only going to do this 50% of the time and the site is going to be down, or too slow to use, 50% of the time" you'd still pay me.

Or if you wanted a car and was told, before buying it, that it would only work occasionally, it'd definitely break down at least 3 out of 10 times you drove it without fail, that it'd be unreliable, you'd still buy it.

Bet you wouldn't.

I wouldn't. I would get another web designer or another car. You can't get another WWIIOL, because there isn't one. These guys are barely making ends meet, from the sounds of it, because they wanted to design something that is NOT a game for the masses. If the product isn't worth its price to you, you don't have to pay, that's your decision. But you should take into account that you're also affecting whether the game will be around at all. I think of it less like I'm buying a product and more like I'm sponsoring a development team making a game for me that isn't like Quake or BF2 or name-your-own mindless shootemup developed to attract hordes of fragging teenagers. For the price of a few sixpacks per month, I know that it's the cheapest enjoyment per hour I get (that I pay for... :D) even if the holiday patch was a disaster from a quality assurance standpoint.

Aye, it's a fair point you have lutorm.

My problem with it is that a lot of software companies (not necessarily CRS, they may really be 'the good guys') recognise this attitude and play to it.

Not just in gaming either. Neigh on any company making a piece of software with a level of demand and minimal if any competition can, pretty much, get away with releasing pretty poor stuff in the knowledge that folks will still pay for it because of that very attitude 'I'm supporting them to get better'. And sorry, but that's wrong.

I'm totally with you on this. I've had experiences with (insert name of market-dominating voice recognition software here) where an "upgrade", that I had to pay over a hundred bucks for, broke functionality that was essential for me. In addition they require you to pay extra for "premium support" to even be able to report the bug, and never once have someone from said software company visited the forums and even acknowledged that there was something wrong. 3-4 years and several (expensive) version upgrades later, it's still not fixed.

The difference with CRS is that I don't pay for upgrades and I can see that they are listening to the community and responding to our concerns (apart from bias threads... ;)) The problem with normal software is that you buy the pig in the sack (as we say in Sweden) and when you discover something's seriously broke, you've already given them their money and you're not getting them back. CRS only gets money if we like their product enough to pay for it each month, so they are never off the hook. I'm sure they are even more acutely aware of that than we are... :)

Well, as I see it mate you're kind of right and kind of wrong. :rolleyes:

With 'ordinary' software - standalone stuff - you have to pay for upgrades, sure, but you're not forced to get said upgrades. It's your choice. I always wait before buying the latest version of xyz package whilst watching the relative forums for problems. When it appears they are sorted I'll consider upgrading. But, and this is important, if the software does exactly what I need as it stands and will for the foreseeable future I may not upgrade at all. So, spending the money is my choice.

However with games, like this, upgrades are just released - usually as 'improvements' along with bug fixes. Sure we don't pay for those at the time - but we have been paying for our subscriptions all the time our account has been active and if the company that publishes the game doesn't include in the that cost both running and improving the thing then they haven't done the maths in their business properly!

So we do, in fact, pay for upgrades and therefore should reasonably expect that said upgrades work - at least to a standard. Not have problems this bad - the lag thing. Now I accept ahwulf's argument that any game of this nature is bound to be affected by problems that will only surface from full on release to the paying public - nature of the beast as he says. But there should also be a clear cut policy of compensation should a release be seriously knackered like 1.25 is.

Plus it was damn poor planning to release this, knowing there could be issues, before the staff that would be needed to fix the thing went on their (well earned I'm sure) breaks. That's just seriously bad management. Especially given that almost every update to this game I've experienced in the year I've been here has had issues - that history alone should have held them back from releasing 1.25 till after Xmas when there would have been more chance to repair it quickly. Or at least I'd hope. No fix in sight yet, it seems. I'm paid up till the end of Jan, but will cancel before then if this isn't fixed - it's just not worth it, no matter how much I love this game. It's just too damn frustrating at the moment.

I've played other MMOLG's and it's the same with every one, each patch intoduced new bugs, and some games even had to UNPATCH the latest update becaused it was so fuct.

One that comes to mind is Shadowbane, a MMORPG. Interestingly enough, the two developers Ubisoft and Wolfpack had it out but are still in contract so you can DL the trail and play for FREE indefinitely (and completely waste every spare minute of your life!) :)

I stopped playing for the same reasons we see here, only worse. Try it for yourself, www.shadowbane.com

I did once. Shadowbane was, indeed, dog do.

WoW has had similar problems and they credit users with free time when it happens. Lineage 1 credited me a few times for similar messes.

Yep, like I've already agreed, bugs are par four the course. But that doesn't mean we should always happily tolerate it without compensation and it also doesn't mean it was a good idea to release what would obviously have problems before a holiday!

Where's the fix? Where's the roll-back?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0