Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Soon2Reg

I got a question, not exactly support

20 posts in this topic

Ive been checking this game out for a while, and think its maybe progressed along enough to give it a try.

Ive read alot of stuff here and on other peoples sites, even watched some of your all's cartoons and videos etc, but i downloaded, of all things, a song (mp3 format) thats supposed to be related to this game.

The lyrics attached to it have no author name, and i dont quite get the song.

Im sure its probably very funny if i understood what its about.

Can anyone fill me in? I dont even know who recorded it, it was on a site with wwiiol60seconds.mp3 and some flash cartoons and a realy cool dunkirk movie made from game video.

Oh and i am guessing the game is best downloaded in full install rather than buying the cd at a store right?

song lyrics pasted below.

PS ill probably be back with real questions after i download this puppy and hit up paypal.

(French tank has just died to invisible enemy due to 64 limit)

background F**k you!

(scream)

I know the patch is coming but i dont know when

i know its coming *SooN*™

Dont know if i can take it cause ive gone off the deep end

im goin insain

You give me

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

You give me

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

You know my Zbuffer is all F'ed up

i cant see the FB!

I cant see the invisible tank in front of me

what the he|| do i do!?!?

I got

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

I got

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

You know i play it but Ahh i cant take it i need a patch to go

Gimme that patch! Put it right here Gona download it now now noooooooooow!

(botched up solo)

I got

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

talkin bout the

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

Hatch Patch Fever

(hideous screaming)

Yeaaaah!

Gimme that damm patch now!

WWIIONLINE aus 1.7

BEFORE you do paypal what comp do you have?

My own computer, whose do you have?

My own computer' date=' whose do you have?[/quote']

Hehe, he's asking for you to post the specs to your computer. The minimum specs are posted here. Before you buy the activation key, make sure your computer meets or exceeds those specs.

Hehe' date=' he's asking for you to post the specs to your computer. The minimum specs are posted here. Before you buy the activation key, make sure your computer meets or exceeds those specs.

yes this game takes alot of horsepower more then any other game on the market. and im not Bull shatting you in the least. i can pull well over 100fps on doom3 ultra mode (1600x1200 8xAA 4xAF) this game i get 40fps in the heavy battles. but its rewarding very rewarding. the community formed by this game is like none other. we have conventions every year in texas and other places all around the world. i just went to the okc mini con and had a blast. i had one of the Dev's in the back seat of my car to go get beer. it's a holy seat now LOL. it's alot of fun. trust me this is year what number 6 now? or is it seven. i dunno but ive been here from the start. being able to see how this game has progressed and gone back in someways is always something cool.

Hehe' date=' he's asking for you to post the specs to your computer. The minimum specs are posted here. Before you buy the activation key, make sure your computer meets or exceeds those specs.

Here spazed out my popup blocker, but thats ok

my specs are

video radeon X1950 XTX SLI 512mb (2)

audio creative x-fi fatality

ram 4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair pc2 6400

cpu athlon 5200+ X2

hdd seagate 250gb sata (2)

psu fortron 700w sli

mb abit fatality an9

js saitek X52 and saitek pedals

case fans heatsink etc etc unimportant stuff.

my wallet specs are $0

So im hoping this rig lasts the next 5 years or more.

This was my xmas present, my years bonus, and my tax refund and me getting a new car my food budget for 2 years.

Ok well maybe a bit less than that but it was alot

I wonder if the SLI was worth the bother though?

Nice rig!!! I'm a former AMD user.

Shoulda got a core2duo... heh

4 gigs or ram? are you sure you've never played WW2 before?

Winxp can't recognized 4 gigs. Only 3 far as I know. There's some work around it.

Dude you're all ready to go. By the looks of that rig you planed to play WW2.. LOL

You should be fine in this game for at least 2 years.

Just remember to be patient. All of us suck our first campaign. There's a huge learning curve in this game. Alot to know. My first campaign my k/d was .7 After 6 months or so I got the hang of it. It took me that long and I've been known for my freakish gaming ability since I was a kid. My buddies called me nintendo power out of frustration.

Hope to see you in game and remember to always fight on the German side..=)

Seeing as you bought an ATI card then the SLI was not worth it because it's built for Nvidia cards. You did get a top dog MB though so it's not all bad that it's SLI. I'm an Abit guy myself. All the rigs in my house are Abit. My latest is an AB9-pro. You will just have to buy 2 nvidia cards if you plan on ever using it. It's a gimick anyways. They're buggy and only 25/30 percent faster than a good single card. Not worth the money IMO or the headaches of setting them up.

Here spazed out my popup blocker, but thats ok

my specs are

video radeon X1950 XTX SLI 512mb (2)

audio creative x-fi fatality

ram 4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair pc2 6400

cpu athlon 5200+ X2

hdd seagate 250gb sata (2)

psu fortron 700w sli

mb abit fatality an9

js saitek X52 and saitek pedals

case fans heatsink etc etc unimportant stuff.

my wallet specs are $0

So im hoping this rig lasts the next 5 years or more.

This was my xmas present, my years bonus, and my tax refund and me getting a new car my food budget for 2 years.

Ok well maybe a bit less than that but it was alot

I wonder if the SLI was worth the bother though?

I think you mean crossfire and not SLI. ATI is crossfire, Nvidia is SLI.

Actually he's got an nforce 590 chipset MB which is SLI

Only for nvidia. SLI and crossfire are different designs and you must buy a compatable MB to run either. He's running an ATI card in an Nvidia MB.

It works great I've done it for years with my Abit NF7s version 2. It's an Nforce2 chipset and I ran an ATI 9700pro and x800xt later. They worked great.

I built an nforce 570 chipset 3800 for a friend and he picked out an ati x1800xt and it worked great. The only problem is you can't use the SLI dual vid card setup with an ati card.

As long as you know that and you only want 1 card for now anyway then it's not a problem.

You can always buy 2 nvidia 8800gts's and SLI em later next year when the price comes down and sell your x1950 on ebay.

Or you could buy this well reviewed MSI crossfire MB for only 128$ and plug all your stuff in and crossfire it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130057

Nvidia doesn't make MB's for ati to crossfire on silly wabbit...heh

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?Item=N82E16813127011

This is a nice core2duo board that supports crossfire by intel. I think Intel is making most of the crossfire chipsets. Kinda funny when you think about how AMD bought ATI this year. Another funny thing is that all of the AMD new socket boards made by abit are nvidia chipsets and sli when amd bought ati.

Alot of stuff is gonna change soon. Is intel really gonna keep making crossfire chipsets for ati/amd? Is nvidia going to keep making some of the best amd/ati motherboards?

edit: another thing that has been an issue with that abit an9 fatality is if you use video cards that take up 2 slots and you sli them you have no usable pci slot. So you can't use your x-fi card. It gets taken up by the lower dual slot vid card. They do give you quite a nice little sound card that plugs into the small pci 1x slots.

If you get nvidia cards later on that MB don't get dual slot cards or you can't use your sound card.

fatality.jpg

Well a little background.

Hatch was a community rep who got into coding later on, but no longer works for the company from a downsizing (they slimmed down to what they were going to do for next year and air modelling wasn't it). 2007 may be an air year, so they may bring him back or someone else to do that job.

That is version 1.7, we are now at 1.25.

I concur with everything said here, except the 'play Axis' part. Seriously, I would give all three countries a go, and see what sort of terrain and equipment and guys you like best before 'committing'.

My rig has an AM2 3800, I have my eye on the 5200 vs. FXs for an upgrade path next year, I would be interested in your game performance results.

Either he made a mistake on what he listed or he hasn't put the machine together yet and he looked at my posts and went. "Oh crap!" =)

Either he made a mistake on what he listed or he hasn't put the machine together yet and he looked at my posts and went. "Oh crap!" =)

I kind of confused me as he had (2) by his GPU's. I didn't look up his MB for compatibility. Well, I hope he listens to your advice and gets it straightened out.:)

(2) was supposed to be a footnote that i forgot.

oh well hdd cache and video ram speed etc arent that important.

well they are but not important to list.

no problems with the ram in xp, it shows up, gets used up too when digitizing old film movies for conversion to dvd.

now to figure out why paypal is being retarded.

I give it money to pay out and it hasnt paid out, now its got double the money in it, but still hasnt paid it out.

Off to paypal support.

I just did a quick google search to show you that I've heard this before. Grabed these quotes off of forums.

Linux will see all 4GB in 32-bit mode

Vista will see all 4GB in 32-bit mode

all 64-bit OS's will of course see it

Windows XP SP1 will see all 4GB

WindowsXP SP2 just won't. We've tried for months and months and have had probably 100+ guys coming back and telling us the same thing...it just won't work in XP SP2.

(be aware that you really don't want to go back to pre-SP2...just don't worry about seeing all 4GB at the moment as it is XP's problem, not any hardware problem....but Vista will relieve everyone of this problem, especially since 4GB in Vista will almost be a necessity)

this is from happy games dfi support

Here's another. More specific.

The problem has existed for a long time, however with the advent of PCI-express graphics cards, the memory address space in 32 bit mode overlaps when you have 4 gigs of ram and therefore some of your actual physical ram becomes unusable in 32 bit operating systems.
it may "see" it but it cant access it, this is true in linux, and windows 2000, XP and all other 32-bit OS's on an x86 platform... the range is "reserved" even if you can see it you still cant use it, it has other uses.. so technically seeing ~3.45 - 3.5 GB is what you actually can access... the other OS's are just reporting it incorrectly, saying that you have 4GB WHICH is true, but its not the accessable memory which XP SP2 up reports only...
It is all depends on your hardware. Most consumer grade hardware will not be able to handle much over 3 gb of ram. All the memory in your system - regular, video, memory mapped devices - is mapped to the same address space. Plus there is OS which is mapped to every process. The bottom line is without special hardware and software something over 3.5GB is not usable.

In order to that much ram you will need server hardware and server os, both of which are expensive.

Personally I don't really see how that much memory will improve anything unless you are working with wall size posters. If your money burns hole in your pocket get better monitor or larger hard drive or a new camera.

Here's a link to microsoft with instructions on how to perform the "work around" I mentioned.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEmem.mspx

IMO 4gb's is too much until we're all on vista or something 64bit. It's money better spent in other places. The fact that the OS reaches it's absolute limit at 4gb's enforces that point.

yeah, except for servers, I'd never recommend more than 2-2.5 gigs really as it's just a bit of a waste at that point unless you are doing CAD type work or hard core video editing...

and I was right about there not being a specific 3 gig limit with winXP, which is what I thought you were talking about..

yes, stability does become a factor towords the 4 gig mark in certain situations [and according to your own quotes, only with service pack 2 installed] but that doesn't totally preclude using 4 gigs or that it isn't "seen" by the OS or that you have to use the "/3gb" workaround in the boot.ini...

From what I've been reading on this. Windows XP will say that you have 4 gigs and It may see it but it actually can't really use every bit of it. The memory address space in 32bit mode overlaps when you have 4 gigs of ram. Therefore, some of the actual physical memory becomes unusable. It's only a fraction 450megs or so not a whole gig like I said.

I stand corrected.

I love the keymappers. =) S!

WinXP64 so the ram isnt a problem.

4gb of ram isnt really alot when you start digitizing old 8mm and 16mm movie film. (real film not video tape LOL)

paypal on the otherhand is sucking rocks.

time to accept one of these creditcard offers i keep throwing away.

Why would you but a SLI MB and then get an ATI card? That makes no sense what so ever.:confused:

Id buy that MB and ATI, that mb rocks, who cares about SLI/Crossfire.

It doesnt give much increase in power for double the hardware and expense.

I dont think the fatality motherboards come in a non dual video version.

Now if some one could fix my forum log in?

<>

Yea you guys ;/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0