• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.25.X Bug Thread

88 posts in this topic

Please post all your problems here. Remember to post Mac type, cpu type, RAM and video card from the System profiler. Example:

Machine Name: Power Mac G5

Machine Model: PowerMac7,2

CPU Type: PowerPC 970 (2.2)

Number Of CPUs: 2

CPU Speed: 2 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 2.5 GB

Bus Speed: 1 GHz

ATI Radeon X800 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,R420

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

Slot: SLOT-1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4a48

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-A35801-104

As with every version, the bugs will get fixed if there are enough clues to help figure out what is wrong. Remember this version is 100% different than 1.24 (as in it was compiled for unibin and thus it touched all lines of code) plus all of the game changes.

Try to keep (or duplicate) bug reports into this thread instead of Gophurs so we can have them in one place.

Also remember that the game ONLY supports 10.4.X with 1.25.

Happy New Year and welcome back.

Brief bug report:

1. Right clicking on the map does not always bring up map options (i.e. HC Options, Chat with player, etc.). However, the 'Report Contact' options always come up. Odd one.

2. French Tanks sound like British tanks when heard from a distance. Close in the sounds are correct. This bug is intermittent. I've filed 2 .report in game about it. They will have locations and times.

3. No way to change tag colors. ....or am I just missing that feature?

4. Cannot alt-tab out of game.

Machine Name: MacBook Pro

Machine Model: MacBookPro2,2

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Video Card: RadeonX1600

Hi and Happy New Year,

Cannot alt+tab back to desktop or apple+H to desktop.

screen goes blank with british rifle when cocking after shot, but appears again after action is complete.

when lmg is deployed cannot see sight until fireing for half a second

generelly all guns seem to half graphical problems.

I cant think of anything else at the moment

Machine Name: MacBook Pro

Machine Model: MacBookPro2,2

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Video Card: RadeonX1600

Hi!

These are the bugs I've discovered so far in 1.25.3:

1. Extreme and frequent FPS drops

Frequent dramatic drops in fps from ca 14 fps "normal" down to 1-3 fps. Happens at least once a minute in town and can last from 10 sec to 30 sec at a time. Have not spawned in to fb in 1.25 so I cannot say if it occurs there as well. Experienced only as inf, but then I have not played other types more than for a couple of minutes due to the following bug:

2. Joystick control broken

Joystick control over aaa's, atg's and tanks broken. A touch on the stick and it goes into a quick leftspin by itself. Affects both commander and gunner. No difference in which direction the stick has been moved. Cannot be recovered.

3. Graphics broken

a. Infantry guns (only tried French) look bad. They look incompletely drawn. Affects both texture and shape. This affects at least rifle and SMG. Rifle lacks texture when aimed. SMG is deformed and lacks texture both as aimed and unaimed. Sapper is ok. I haven't tried any other type of inf in 1.25.

b. Part of the environment and the ground lack textures altogether. Instead of, say a gray rubble texture, the surface is solid brown. This can also be seen on some building walls and shadows at the base of some buildings.

c. The water behaves strangely. As the viewpoint changes (when walking along a river) strange surface-wide, reflective elements pops in and out. Some of these elements reflect parts of the environment but immensly magnified, making the reflected pixels huge.

d. Parts of the environment flicker. This can happen several times a second and affects certain "patches" of the landscape and building segments. It is a very fast flicker to black and back. Several parts can flicker at the same time, but not necessarily in sync with each other.

4. Inf spawning faulty.

Both rifles and SMG's have repeatedly spawned outside the AB inf spawn or, alternatively, spawned "inside the outer wall" and have then glided outside during spawning. When spawning occurs on 2nd floor there is a drop to the ground after the glide outside. No damage to the persona from the drop, tho. Sapper hasn't done this but I have only spawned in a couple of times as sapper.

In addition, the command-tab feature works poorly. Often it doesn't work at all and sometimes it works but only after a huge delay (approximately 1 minute). This is not new to 1.25.3 but has been the case ever since the feature was introduced. CTD's have been common when this feature has been used.

Another bug also present in earlier versions is failure to load the game about 25% of the time. Eiher the loading screen doesn't come up at all or then it shows the loading bar fill up and then CTD's.

I have made a full install of the 1.25.

Machine Name: Power Mac G5 Quad

Machine Model: PowerMac11,2

CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (1.1)

Number Of CPUs: 4

CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.25 GHz

GeForce 7800GT

Bus: PCI

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0092

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 2152.2

Machine Model: PowerMac7,3

CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (2.2)

Memory: 3 GB

ATI Radeon X800 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,R420

Device ID: 0x4a48

ROM Revision: 113-A35801-109

4mb broadband using NTL as my ISP. No network problems reported lately.

200 or better ping whilst in game.

1. FPS drops. No matter the circumstance, place or activity it;ll drop to 5 or less for anything from a few seconds to a whole minute. Turning off the HUD makes no difference - at least no really noticable difference.

2. cmd-tab doesn't work. Can't switch to the desktop anymore. This was unreliable at best in 1.24, but worked. Now it simply doesn't.

3. Desktop completely black after quitting. Requires the use of a finder window to 'paint' it back.

4. Centre on me in the main map doesn't work. Option is selected and it'll work whilst the map is open, but if I close it then reopen it even though the option is still selected the map will not stay centred on me.

5. Reports on the map. Control click to bring up the menu which appears some 1-2cm to the right of where I clicked. It'll put the report icon in the right place though.

6. Random graphical glitches. Last night a rifle appeared psychodelic! Looked like something out of an old Doom game when some sort of shield effect was in place. This is very random - can't repeat it at all.

7. Random joystick problems. Again, not repeatable. Spawned in with a tank and have to drive it with a lot of left stick on just to stop it spinning (which it would do had I let the stick centre). Despawned then straight back in with the same tank and no problem. Very random.

Sorry if some of those have been posted by others - I figured it may be helpful for you to know how many are getting these problems.

My graphics settings in game are pretty low. Used the 'performance' setting rather than balanced or high quality and lowered almost everything else. This is significantly worse than 1.24 in which I could run with everything on medium or better and see 30+ FPS regularly.

Good luck.

Powermac G4 Dual 1.25

1.75 GB RAM

Radeon 9800 Pro

OSX 10.4.8

1) Same fps problems as everyone. But not as horrible given that I've never had particularly good fps as it is. 2-12 for me now as compared to the 8-22 I've normally had. :)

2) Occasionally game will not load but hangs up at the "Connecting to chat" part. Because we cannot alt-tab anymore (or cmd-option-esc) I have to force a reboot to get it out.

3) When game ends, black desktop. It can be restored as was mentioned by "painting' over it with a window.

4) German rifle skin incomplete, made up of blue and purple dots. All the time. SMG the same.

5) Right clicking on map takes several tries before it initiates (although this may be lag I dunno). The issue mentioned before of the popup boxes showing up 2cm away I have as well, although I have noticed that it's not so much that the box shows up far away as it is that the first box doesn't show up at all. Therefore it's the "second" drop box (I believe it's the "Add" box) that shows up first and because of that it is far away from the point where you clicked.

6) Cannot alt-tab or "open apple-H" out of game.

7) With Saitek EVO JS, I have to force the joystick through its calibraiton process at the start of every game, which I did not have to do before. Previously I would only have to recalibrate the joystick if I had had to reboot my computer. Currently the joystick goes wild at first spawn until I move it through all its axes.

8) I die a lot. But that's probably on my end . . .

FPS issue is cross platform and is the overall #1 bug in 1.25.

CMD-TAB and its cousins are basically broken, that's the first thing to get fixed once I get source.

Funky looking inf weapons and textures are a known problem with the granny library, which is being fixed by that company.

Joystick is puzzling, nothing was changed, so I am assuming its a compiler issue.

Sound problems are wierd also, nothing changed in the code but I believe there is a newer openal so there might be some odd interaction.

Hey Wulf,

Another display feature that's missing from 1.25 is the option to not capture all displays connected to the computer. I use this for TS, Detour, and anything else that comes up while I'm playing. Thanks for all you help!! Syndr0me.

Machine Model: PowerMac7,2

CPU Type: PowerPC 970 (2.2)

Memory: 1.5 GB

Bus Speed: 1 GHz

Boot ROM Version: 5.1.4f0

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATY,R350

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Device ID: 0x4e48

ROM Revision: 113-A14401-117

1. Extreme and frequent FPS drops

Frequent dramatic drops in fps from ca 14 fps "normal" down to 1-3 fps.

2. Joystick control broken

Joystick control over aaa's, atg's and tanks broken.

b. Part of the environment and the ground lack textures altogether. Instead of, say a gray rubble texture, the surface is solid brown. This can also be seen on some building walls and shadows at the base of some buildings.

d. Parts of the environment flicker. This can happen several times a second and affects certain "patches" of the landscape and building segments. It is a very fast flicker to black and back. Several parts can flicker at the same time, but not necessarily in sync with each other.

Just some tips that might help you...

1 Turn off HUD options you don't need, or turn it off completely when not needed by pressing "Y". Also, turn off "Post Render"

2 After first launching and spawning, rotate and twist your joystick in every possible direction/axis, and let it center. Rinse and repeat if needed.

b Turn off "Normal Maps"

c Possibly same as above, haven't experienced this myself, reccomend trying the grass shader off/on.

Water effects should be off too, big FPS leech... I haven't even had it on.

Hope this helps

1 Turn off HUD options you don't need, or turn it off completely when not needed by pressing "Y". Also, turn off "Post Render"

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference - except, of course, to hide the chat window (sometimes a bonus!)

2 After first launching and spawning, rotate and twist your joystick in every possible direction/axis, and let it center. Rinse and repeat if needed.

I have to do this every single time I spawn a vehicle. Never used to with 1.24.

b Turn off "Normal Maps"

c Possibly same as above, haven't experienced this myself, reccomend trying the grass shader off/on.

Water effects should be off too, big FPS leech... I haven't even had it on.

Done all that, plus lowered nearly everything to the base - 1.24 I could run with everything on medium or better and get halfway decent FPS. Face it, 1.25 (Mac and PC) is ****ed. :mad:

I have found that if I use the old Config app, my JS works just fine. If i use the prelaunch screen to recab my JS... massive problems.. my JS rotates right fast.

Just use your old config app and JS problem goes away.

FPS is just HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.. I can get 27fps in the air by myself but if another aircraft or I face a town with a battle 1-7fps for as long as a minute until im either augering or way away from town.

Ground battle can be awful especially when EA shows up. Even when im in alone in a town my FPS is down 15 fps. Best I get intown by my self is 20fps.. I'd take that except soon as I start to move it drops to 10-15 fps and in battles I usually fight 7-15 fps with the usuall 0! YES it says 0! fps but I do get 1-3 quite often.

I understand the PC guys have a successful Beta mostly... when can we expect a fix? Also when can we expect better fps overall?

Rick is working on it.

You won't get better than 1.24 FPS until the new game engine, which avoids the opengl vertex pipeline issue (or apple fixes it). I will be trying out the multi threaded opengl soon to see if that helps. That exists in Leopard and 10.4.8 on Intel.

The current FPS problem (which is related to hulks and dying) is fixed I think, but its cross platform. There are some mac only bugs but my testing shows the FPS timings are about the same as the last few versions, the only new problem is that hulking bug.

There might be other FPS issues but right now that one is the biggie.

The joystick calibration is new code, so it just needs fixing :-) The old config app is a good catch, at least its a workaround.

Update: Rick found where the latest apple hid utilities changed something, so I think the joystick bug will be fixed next patch.

The joystick calibration is new code, so it just needs fixing :-) The old config app is a good catch, at least its a workaround.

Update: Rick found where the latest apple hid utilities changed something, so I think the joystick bug will be fixed next patch.

Any idea on eta for that patch? I made the mistake of deleting all my old Playnet stuff already so I don't have the old calibration utility.

Can you point me to a download source for that as an alternative??

Ahwulf I forgot one last thing, til I was reminded of it in the Barracks forum. When squad members sign in, you no longer get a message saying "Gustaf has logged in". Can we get that back?

Thanks,

Gustaf

OK .4 seems better, but if you are having connection troubles turn OFF the best connection feature, it only works 1/2 of the time.

I still had a situation where FPS sat in 4 for a couple minutes, but most of the game play was back to the usual. Joystick should be fixed again.

OK .4 seems better, but if you are having connection troubles turn OFF the best connection feature, it only works 1/2 of the time.

I still had a situation where FPS sat in 4 for a couple minutes, but most of the game play was back to the usual. Joystick should be fixed again.

Yup, just sticking on primary or secondary seems to be more consistent.

You will need to run the joystick calibration again, otherwise it's still the broken calibration.

Ahwulf... don't know if anyone else has had this problem since upgrade but ... since the upgrade (and the subsequent patch which didn't correct it) I have not been able to see anyones names on the map.

Used to be players and squaddies names would appear when I placed cursor over them. I cannot do this anymore. Is there a setting for this?? Did I inadvertantly turn something off?? It would be nice to get this feature back as its extremely useful when trying to keep track of attacking or defending friendlies.

check Settings : Preferences : UI in the game - it might be one of those new options that is turned off

I have a bug that I haven't seen mentioned on here yet. If hit F1 (or any other chat channel key) to start a chat and then press another chat channel key, I get a box character in the chat bar. If I were to press two channel keys at the same time when starting the chat, the app opens up the two channels without any extra characters, but any channel key presses from then on will also result in the box character.

Yep, I get that too, tiborg.

Didn't post it as a bug as in comparison to the others it doesn't really bother me.

However I'm willing to confirm your findings!

Best of luck!

Already posted in the testing thread in the bugs forum, but to bring it to the attention of any other mac users:

In regards to the 1.25.4.255b test patch:

Mac Version:

I'll have to do more testing to be sure, but there are some problems. The cursor now does not interfere with fireing... GOOD JOB! I can now command-tab out again... Good job! And I can even run in windowed mode.

Specs:

Dual 1.8G5

3gigs of RAM

X800XT - Rom version 109

OSX 10.4.8

Couple issues:

-When switching to windowed mode, is it possible that you could code the game to not exccede a maximum resolution. ie: if you have a monitor that is capable of a maximum of 1680X1050, that when you window it it does not go higher than... say... 1200X800 or something like that. Right now it stays at my native resolution so I can't drag the window or see anything else. But it's progress :D

-I had 1 CTD for the first time in a real long time. I had just respawned a CMLE, and as I was pushing out I tried to switch apps and I got a "wwiiol unexpectedly quit" message. I would have to test this more, as it may be a 1 in 1000000 bug, but it was kinda convinient.

The next issues are likely related to the X800 drivers in MacOS 10.4.8.

-When I command-tab out, it works fine the first time, but if I switch back to wwiiol and then try to switch again, it does indeed switch, but I can only see what was last displayed in wwiiol. So I was clicking all over, but I couldn't see anything (simmilar to the launch problem I posted before). It definitley switched though because after a few tries the screen displayed the desktop and a picture file on the desktop was open. This also happens with hiding sometimes too. And in this case, I can't see the little switch apps icons in the center of the screen, probably for the same reason I can't see the desktop.

-When I have command-tabed out, everything works great and it switches apps 10X faster than in previous versions (used to take 1 second to 15 seconds, and fail 1 in 10 times requireing a force quit), but some funky stuff happens. I can do anything normally no problem with the exception of dragging windows. The "interior" of the window seems to flash a scambled image of the desktop (in my case fuzzy blue with misshaped rectangles all over, which would be icons). If I click anywhere else, it returns to normal. Same thing with scrolling in a window, although there is only a small protion of the window that is scrambled.

Are you guys looking into the video problem? It really seems like it's the X800 as there aren't many posts about it and anyone that had the same problems with quitting to a black or scrambled destop also had an X800. I really hope this doesn't end up being "well we've done everything we could, we'll just have to wait for apple to do something", because that will never happen.

Good job on the patch, good improvements. Keep it up!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0