• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.25.X Bug Thread

88 posts in this topic

Yeah it's still got some work.

The redraw issue after moving to the desktop => for now just hit f12 to "clean up" the screen.

Also cmd-tab and cmd-H do exactly the same thing. Personally I think cmd-H should be disabled.

"OK still doing it" always a few min into game, then frezze up lost host #57 then comes back to game but i have to exit, doing this since last patch "only"my download speed is 364 kbps and my upload is 121 kbps or better, like i said its only since last patch, cant play like this happens every time now...\also fps are jumping around still and stuters..lol please fix,

OS 10.4.8

Machine Name: iMac G5

Machine Model: PowerMac8,2:mad:

CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 2 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1.5 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 5.2.5f1

one thing to try, go into terminal, and do

traceroute playnet.com

and put the result here, not sure if it will tell us anything - you also might try

ping yahoo.com

and run it for a few minutes, then ctrl-c it and see if there is any packet loss

update, seems it only freezes when driveing tank, does fine as inf or atg but when im driveing ivg or any tank it freezes,

was driveing tank last night and would see lag fps drop at same time i would see freeze up then would come back almost a frezze up #57 so i think it has to do with lag and fps drop..when will fps lag and drop be fixed?

That's one of the things fixed in .5 so it might help your connection issue. How much RAM do you have in your Mac (the problem was a memory leak).

i have gig and a half ram, just lost tiger just now its tied to the fps and lag im almost shure, it never did this before new patch im loseing host when driveing tanks,, this relly sucks im a tank guy:mad:

Stigman have you got netcode2 on?

Last night my netcode2 sort of stopped and I was reverted to 'normal' connection which resulted in a small lift in FPS. I went from 10-20, 25 at best dropping to 5 at worst to 20-30 with a peak of nearly 40 and a dip no worse than 10. Better. That was driving tanks too.

I'm using a dual 2ghz G5, 3gb ram, ATI X800XT.

The past few days, Netcode 2 is 50/50. Sometimes when I log on, the first message I see is switching to netcode 1. It keeps going on and off now (wasn't like that a week ago). Also, I had a CTD the other day while driving a sherman. I wasn't even on that long when it happend. I have 3 gigs of ram, and it just blew me away. I checked my activity monitor and there it was... 50000 page ins 234 page outs! (don't remember the exact numbers) I have never seen ANY pages outs since I added more ram. CLEARLY a memory leak.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I had netcode 2 off at the time.

On the bright side, thats the only CTD of that kind I have had.

Anyone else get a CTD when switching apps in-game (spawned). I tried to figure out what it was, so while at the menu, I put the game into windowed mode. Then I spawned, and the whole world was FREAKY. Everything was fine, except it was like the fog distance was set to 3m or something. I went to the sheep, and could only see 1 at a time, then I "droped" a smoke nade and could barely make it out at that short distance. Looking through the windows of the barracks the fog made it look real spooky. I would post pics if I knew how.

Ummmm this new patch that came out today once gain totally ruined my game. Whenever I try to log in my game makes it to that little red meter that fills up but it only fills up about an inch and then I CTD. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what the problem is? I thought maybe the update didn't work so i deleted the game and tried a full download and it still doesn't work. The last thing it tries to load before it crashes is the "initializing sound" thing.

Well new patch today...black screen on exiting doesnt happen any more for me but command tab just boots me right out and "error 57 lost connection to host" still plagues me!

I really wish this freaking game would work.

Here is what console says when I try to start the game:

WW2OL Started

rnmainInit failed!

App was not able to initialize!

Yeah it's still got some work.

The redraw issue after moving to the desktop => for now just hit f12 to "clean up" the screen.

Also cmd-tab and cmd-H do exactly the same thing. Personally I think cmd-H should be disabled.

it looks washed out when i go to windowed mode and when i press F12 as usual the dashboard comes up:

ZZ2EF90BF4.jpg

how do i get rid of that extreme extra fog that i get when running windowed? this is how it looks on the AF http://www.hessburg.com/screenshots/views.html

OK. I downloaded the patch for 1.25.5 and all I got was a black screen for about 3 seconds and then CTD. I then DL a complete install and tried again and got the same thing. I did this two more times and still get the black screen for 3 seconds and CTD.

This is what I have:

Machine Name: Power Mac G4

Machine Model: PowerMac3,5

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)

CPU Speed: 933 MHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per CPU): 2 MB

Bus Speed: 133 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.3.3f2

ATI Radeon 9200:

Chipset Model: ATY,RV280

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

Slot: SLOT-2

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5961

Revision ID: 0x0001

ROM Revision: 113-A27502-127

Hope that this helps. Otherwise I can't do anything at all.

Thanks

Woomera

What OS version are you running. WWIIOL only supports 10.4.x now.

I am not sure that the 9200 works anymore, it's pretty wimpy. Were you able to play in 1.25.4 or earlier?

OK. I downloaded the patch for 1.25.5 and all I got was a black screen for about 3 seconds and then CTD. I then DL a complete install and tried again and got the same thing. I did this two more times and still get the black screen for 3 seconds and CTD.

This is what I have:

ATI Radeon 9200:

Hope that this helps. Otherwise I can't do anything at all.

Thanks

Woomera

I found out what did this with the latest patch

Make sure your Screen Res is the same as your Game res and it will fix the issue.

Edit: Unless Ahwulf is correct about the vid card.

I am able to run at different resolutions than the default (X800); however if the video card is misbehaving, sticking with what works on the desktop is a good check.

OK, here is the added info:

This is what I have:

OS X ver 10.4.8

ATI Radeon 9200:

I was able to play with 1.25.4, but the FPS wasn't so hot. As long as I was "out-of -the-way" the FPS was "OK". But when using an FMB, the FPS was mid teens until combat & then about 7-9. As Inf the FPS was about 7-9 until combat & then about 1-4. Instant target. As Hurri I driver, about 10-ish and in the furball, under 5, and again instant target.

I can play but I have to stay on the edges. At best I can scout but after that it get hard. So, if the vid card is the problem, then I may be out of it unless I can find a 256MB card that will work with this machine.

Anyway, thanks for help.

Woomera

Unless there is something useful in the console log about the CTD (do check it, maybe something I can look at) I'm thinking your Mac is too far below a minimum. It's odd that it worked at all with 1.25.X given all of the changes. Both the video card and the CPU (1Gz G4) are incredibly low end today. My 2.0 G5/X800 isn't all that great; I can't imagine 1/4 of that.

OK, this is what I got from running Console, I hope it makes sense.

This is a log of a few attempts to logon to WWII Online:

WW2OL Started

2007-01-19 08:42:40.909 World War ][ Online[224] invalid share context

2007-01-19 08:42:40.909 World War ][ Online[224] invalid context

Jan 19 08:42:43 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[228]: World War ][ Online crashed

Jan 19 08:42:44 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[228]: crash report written to: /Users/johnrtenopir/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/World War ][ Online.crash.log

WW2OL Started

2007-01-19 10:36:12.875 World War ][ Online[256] invalid share context

2007-01-19 10:36:12.875 World War ][ Online[256] invalid context

Jan 19 10:36:13 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[257]: World War ][ Online crashed

Jan 19 10:36:14 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[257]: crash report written to: /Users/johnrtenopir/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/World War ][ Online.crash.log

WW2OL Started

2007-01-19 13:43:59.096 World War ][ Online[273] invalid share context

2007-01-19 13:43:59.097 World War ][ Online[273] invalid context

Jan 19 13:44:00 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[274]: World War ][ Online crashed

Jan 19 13:44:00 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[274]: crash report written to: /Users/johnrtenopir/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/World War ][ Online.crash.log

WW2OL Started

2007-01-19 13:44:14.578 World War ][ Online[276] invalid share context

2007-01-19 13:44:14.579 World War ][ Online[276] invalid context

Jan 19 13:44:15 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[277]: World War ][ Online crashed

Jan 19 13:44:16 john-tenopirs-power-mac-g4 crashdump[277]: crash report written to: /Users/johnrtenopir/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/World War ][ Online.crash.log

It either means that there is something missing or that I need a new MacPro 2.66-3.0 GHz w/ 8GB ram, and a killer vid card.

Thanks

Woomera

Hey it wrote a crash log, /Users/johnrtenopir/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/World War ][ Online.crash.log

send that file to me to ahwulf at gmail.com

The error "invalid share context" means something is going wrong with setting up opengl. Are you sure you have the game video settings matching the mac video settings? For example is your mac is set to millions, 1024 x 768 make sure the game (in the mac application shell Settings button) is the same. I think the crash probably happens when the opengl context is kaput so it might be useless, but send it anyway.

Hi,

I did check that the settings were the same for the sys and game, and both are set to millions and 1024 x 768.

Also, I sent the crashlog.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Woomera

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0