Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.25.X Bug Thread

88 posts in this topic

I read copious amounts of mails in the thread and decided to check on my ingame preferences. I changed a few items as was suggested and returned to the startup screen.

The Play Online button is now inoperable.

I can't play.

Help please.

Bodach

oh, BTW nVidia GeForce 7300 GT on board

Ok - regarding inoperable Play Online button - the reason is that when I changed my preferences ingame, my password was no longer 'remembered', ie the 'save password' box became unchecked of its own accord.

Problem solved, sort of .........

Bodach

Even while getting reasonable FPS (15 - 20) I have been been shot while I see that my opponent (at close range) has not even pointed his/ her weapon at me yet.....

I experienced a tunnelling of vision while moving AAA cml around at an fb - I was not under fire nor was I wounded.

The first is a hazard of internet game play. Remember in this game the result of shots is determined on the shooters client. Due to the delay over the internet the death message was acted on as soon as it arrived (bang!) whereas the animation of moving the shooter is always affected by a time delay and animation time. Remember what the shooter sees and what you see are separated by as much as 1/2 a second or more during which someone can move quite a bit. Until we all live in the same neighborhood there is only so much that can be done to minimize this. Also note on the death cam the animation is not really updated anymore.

The tunnel vision has happend to me driving a Morris lately. This seems to happen for no particular reason and is usually triggered only in certain compass directions. It's cross platform as well.

Until we all live in the same neighborhood there is only so much that can be done to minimize this.

Darn it! Now I have to move!!!!??? This game is getting expensive!

If everyone chips in we can go five-sies on something . . .

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListings.asp?locallnk=yes&frm=bymap&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&js=off&pgnum=1&lnksrc=&fid=so&stype=&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&areaid=90472&poe=realtor&ct=Arlington&st=TX&sbint=&vtsort=&sorttype=&typ=1&typ=2&typ=4&x=54&y=16

Everyone just move to Bedford, TX and plug into the Rat servers directly.

I bet the problem can be improved a bit, but only Rick and Olliver know for sure :-)

U know what?...my Mac is in perfect shape...

I run Applejack and hardware test and there is no bug at all anywhere....my videocard is upto date and other shooting game work fine...so the probleme is elsewhere!

Any way sometime it's work offline but never online...

If something can be done...?!!!!!??!!!

Good luck

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: MacBookPro2,2

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B01

SMC Version: 1.12f5

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c5

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-158

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.158

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Supported

Mirror: On

Mirror Status: Hardware Mirror

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Stretched: Yes

SDM-HS73:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: On

Mirror Status: Master Mirror

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2137)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.9.1

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Battleground Europe Settings:

Clutter is turned off.

Muzzle effects are on (smoke/light/tracer smoke)

Visible Units is maxed out (64? 128? - the largest number possible).

Number of sounds is set to 64.

Water effects are off.

Battleground Europe was loaded from the 'Full Install' download of the latest Mac version.

Bugs Found:

Infantry bugs -

1. When reloading Rifles view is obscured (British) or partially obscured (French); when partially obscured I can see the right hand holding the disassembled bolt vertically.

2. When using the LMG (French or British) the deployed point of view most times shifts to the right (e.g. you can't see the aim-point or sights - obscured by the Magazine). This got me killed a few times.

3. When prone, the Pistol was not able to be raised to the aim point; you could fire - and the bullet would go where it was supposed to go - but no visual of your hand holding the pistol so you could aim the shot. This also got me killed a few times.

Map bugs -

1. Right clicking on map is slow or doesn't respond at times.

2. Map locking on a point you choose doesn't stay locked after you close the map and reopen it.

General bugs -

1. Random lock-ups/CTDs - at random times the game will lock up; sometimes it will simply crash and exit, other times it will lock up hard requiring a reboot of the system to get back control of the system. During the lock-up no controls will respond at all. This usually happens during a heated battle where there is a lot of graphical things happening during the same time that I am doing a lot of things - e.g. running, looking left/right, reloading dropping behind cover, and firing in quick succession. This also happens when I switch to desktop (apple-H) or other switching commands.

2. Directional sound is weird - when I turn left or right to direction of sound, I can't hear the sounds. Also I can't orient on distant sounds (they sound equally like they are behind me and in front of me regardless of whether I face 'forward' or 'backwards' - and due to the left or right drop out mentioned above - I can't orient on noises correctly, as I was able to do when I was using the Windows version of the game (e.g. - turn to one side to determine which direction sound is coming from).

3. Console log shows the following consistently on startup of WW2OL:

WW2OL Started

ReferenceError: onpersonas is not defined

Warning: cannot find texture file [vehicles/decals/personal/5.dds]

I don't see anything else unusual in the log - even after a crash...just shows:

WW2OL Quit

The crash log shows no entries for any of the CTDs I've exprienced with WW2OL.

1. When reloading Rifles view is obscured (British) or partially obscured (French); when partially obscured I can see the right hand holding the disassembled bolt vertically.

2. When using the LMG (French or British) the deployed point of view most times shifts to the right (e.g. you can't see the aim-point or sights - obscured by the Magazine). This got me killed a few times.

3. When prone, the Pistol was not able to be raised to the aim point; you could fire - and the bullet would go where it was supposed to go - but no visual of your hand holding the pistol so you could aim the shot. This also got me killed a few times.

Map bugs -

1. Right clicking on map is slow or doesn't respond at times.

2. Map locking on a point you choose doesn't stay locked after you close the map and reopen it.

General bugs -

1. Random lock-ups/CTDs - at random times the game will lock up; sometimes it will simply crash and exit, other times it will lock up hard requiring a reboot of the system to get back control of the system. During the lock-up no controls will respond at all. This usually happens during a heated battle where there is a lot of graphical things happening during the same time that I am doing a lot of things - e.g. running, looking left/right, reloading dropping behind cover, and firing in quick succession. This also happens when I switch to desktop (apple-H) or other switching commands.

2. Directional sound is weird - when I turn left or right to direction of sound, I can't hear the sounds. Also I can't orient on distant sounds (they sound equally like they are behind me and in front of me regardless of whether I face 'forward' or 'backwards' - and due to the left or right drop out mentioned above - I can't orient on noises correctly, as I was able to do when I was using the Windows version of the game (e.g. - turn to one side to determine which direction sound is coming from).

3. Console log shows the following consistently on startup of WW2OL:

WW2OL Started

ReferenceError: onpersonas is not defined

Warning: cannot find texture file [vehicles/decals/personal/5.dds]

I don't see anything else unusual in the log - even after a crash...just shows:

WW2OL Quit

The crash log shows no entries for any of the CTDs I've exprienced with WW2OL.

1,2&3 have been documented earlier. The commercial granny library the game uses was not fully intel compatible when 1.25 was released. In 1.26 beta all animations have been rebuilt with the new library and they all work now.

The map code has been extensively reworked for 1.26 and works a heck of a lot better (and way faster). #2 has been changed so many times already but no one can agree on how it should work without other folks disagreeing. Is it different than the windows version? That would be a bug.

#1 switching is fubar in 1.25. Hopefully Rick's fixes in 1.26 will make it more stable (it works for me). Not sure about stability, generally the Mac version for me (on PPC) is more stable than what I hear from my friends on Windows. There is something that affects the Mac version more when lots of people are around you and its not just drawing. It's some kind of threading issue or other issue that is not obvious.

#2 I wrote the sound code and for most people it works correctly. Do you have any sound plugins (things like Audio Hijack Pro or other audio tools) loaded in the OS? Something is interfering with openal's operations. Openal is some ugly stuff but Apple maintains it now and we use the standard OS framework of it instead of our own. Also, set the sounds to 128, it doesn't affect performance and there really are more than 64 sounds playing fairly often.

#3 is nothing. However if you reboot you won't get a crashreport. Also if the game quit (such as the CHTL errors lately) it won't say anything, as it's not a crash, it just found a state where quitting was the only way out.

Ahwulf -

The sound problem was my foobar -- the cable I was using to plug my speakers into the mac was shorted, so it was only providing monaural output - which means sounds were 90 degrees off kilter (e.g. the sound would only go up and down in volume - so when I was sidways to the sound, it would be loudest - thus I thought it was ahead or behind me.

I fixed that and sound is normal for me now. Call off the wolves!

The .hclist or short .hcl doesn't work on my Mac.

It is command to show online HC guys in single line, just by nick.

Asked to Windows people, they say it works on their machines.

The .hclist or short .hcl doesn't work on my Mac.

It is command to show online HC guys in single line, just by nick.

Asked to Windows people, they say it works on their machines.

Hmm I check that out 2nite.

A minor bug I noticed.

Going into a mission and then selecting a vehicle that you don't have the rank to use causes a "can't reserve vehicle" message to popup.

Once you dismiss the popup the Begin Mission button is greyed out and stays that way even if you click the Cancel Reservation button or select another vehicle.

The only fix is to back completely out of the brigade and then re-enter the brigade.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0