• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karu

i did something to my windows need help

7 posts in this topic

i was playing around with stuff in windows trying to get a little more performance,i did all kind of stuff,in startup,services all that. my problem is, i did something to make windows access the hard drive to do anything, even clicking on the start button makes the hard drive thrash,any window,any website link makes it thrash. now ingame when i get the usual 10km loading stutter, my HD will thrash real hard for a few seconds, and logging out of the game takes forever with HD thrashing the whole time.

i have no idea what i did or where,but it is annoying,my HD crunches away so hard my whole desk vibrates and i dont know how to fix it without makeing things worse.

Whenever you start making changes to your system always, always do the changes one at a time and keep a log (in writing or on a different computer) of those changes so you can easily go back and undo those changes.

Always.

Difficult to tell without knowing what you changed, however... if your HDD is getting a thrashing it sounds like it is caching to disk when it should be using RAM, so you may have done something to your virtual memory (page file). 9 times out of 10 it is best to let Windows handle this automatically.

Try the following...

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory > Change > System Managed Size > Set > OK

Try that first, if not we can look at some other stuff

lol, duh. i didnt think that one obvious setting would do all that. it was the setting for windows to use memory for either programs or system cache.i had set it to programs thinking it would do better for the game. setting it back to system cache stopped the constsnt HD usage. game closes normally now. now to test to see if the 10km load doesnt stutter so bad.

of course i do keep in mind that i am still running my original hard drive from when i first bought my computer,7 years ago. ive upgraded 2 times,but kept my HD cause it still worked.its a tiny 10 gig EIDE. small and slow,but reliable.im shure some of my stutter is from such a slow drive.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0