Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pillbox

XFire users (how to get XFIRE to track you again)

6 posts in this topic

I was browsing through the xfire threads and came across a section where some players were complaining because XFire did not track WWIIOnline anymore, and there is a solution.

If you want your tracker to work again this is what you have to do :

• Find the file 'xfire_games.ini' in your xfire folder (probably C:\Program Files\Xfire)
    Open the file with a text editor (notepad is fine)
    Search for the following : [4791] (with square brackets)
    Underneath the writing (but before the next number in square brackets) put the following in :
MatchEXE=WW2_sse2.exe (if you use SSE2)

InGameRenderer=OGL

InGameFlags=USE_WINDOWS_INPUT

Hope it helps.

Anyone know how to use xfire to detect? It says some people are in fact playing WW2OL on xfire website..

Bump. I dont know how to get it to work either

If you are on a 64 bit system, you might need to check your registry for /Wow6432Node/Playnet and if needed, fix the registry listing in your .ini file.

After that remove the ww2_sse2.exe and ww2_x86.exe lines from the .ini file as well and you can change the DetectEXE to ww2.exe instead of ww2_sse2.exe ... From there you can manually look for the game by finding it in the uninstalled games list and changing it from Automatic detection to Manual and from there you are golden. I will write this up more descriptively if needed.

If you are on a 64 bit system, you might need to check your registry for /Wow6432Node/Playnet and if needed, fix the registry listing in your .ini file.

After that remove the ww2_sse2.exe and ww2_x86.exe lines from the .ini file as well and you can change the DetectEXE to ww2.exe instead of ww2_sse2.exe ... From there you can manually look for the game by finding it in the uninstalled games list and changing it from Automatic detection to Manual and from there you are golden. I will write this up more descriptively if needed.

Does anyone know if this still works, and if so, how do I do it? (I can't really understand all of what this poster is saying)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0