Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herbzj

Mac Pro Users.....

6 posts in this topic

Anyone else having constant machines freezes playing WWII using Bootcamp?

It happens to me after playimg anything from 5 minutes to 20 minutes of the game

My Monitor cuts out, all power to my USB devices goes, and I have to hard restart the MacPro..

Then..it takes 5 -6 restarts before the computer will actually start up properly (during the 5-6 attempts, my mac chimes but the monitor wont light up and i get no pwer to usb devices)

Running macpro 2 x 2.66

2 GB Ram

ATI X1900 card

Apple HD 23 Cinema Display

using Bootcamp?

Nope, but you might want to go check out the Windoz support forum.

However, I find I have better performance using the Mac universal client then the windows version.

GL.

My Monitor cuts out, all power to my USB devices goes, and I have to hard restart the MacPro..

Then..it takes 5 -6 restarts before the computer will actually start up properly (during the 5-6 attempts, my mac chimes but the monitor wont light up and i get no pwer to usb devices)

That sounds like hardware to me, the game shouldn't be able to do anything to prevent the machine from booting. Heat issues?

I'd say it may be something with the video card. I blew a 9600 by useing command-Q to quit the OSX version of UT99 and next thing I new, the computer would start up and load everything, but I couldn't see anything but a pleasent shade of blue on the screen.

Wierd things can happen. Right now, I know about 1/5 times, when the game gets stuck at the logging in part, when I force quit or even when it quits by it's self, I lose all video and am left with that screen permanently. I can still drag and drop things on the desk top... launch itunes if I can find the icon and play something... but the loading screen is all I see. Requires a hard restart (cuz I can't see the menus) to fix it.

WWIIOL doesn't handle video very well. Wierd thing would happen when switching apps before, but we can't do that now anyway.

I'd say it may be something with the video card. I blew a 9600 by useing command-Q to quit the OSX version of UT99 and next thing I new, the computer would start up and load everything, but I couldn't see anything but a pleasent shade of blue on the screen.

Wierd things can happen. Right now, I know about 1/5 times, when the game gets stuck at the logging in part, when I force quit or even when it quits by it's self, I lose all video and am left with that screen permanently. I can still drag and drop things on the desk top... launch itunes if I can find the icon and play something... but the loading screen is all I see. Requires a hard restart (cuz I can't see the menus) to fix it.

WWIIOL doesn't handle video very well. Wierd thing would happen when switching apps before, but we can't do that now anyway.

That's really wierd. I'm thinking it's a set of coincidences. It seems highly unlikely that you can cause a hardware fault just by having a game force you to reboot. Is this only in Bootcamp or is it also in OS X? I'd get your rig checked out thoroughly.

That's really wierd. I'm thinking it's a set of coincidences. It seems highly unlikely that you can cause a hardware fault just by having a game force you to reboot. Is this only in Bootcamp or is it also in OS X? I'd get your rig checked out thoroughly.

That was over a year ago, and on a G5. 9600 isn't on any intel macs. The OSX version of UT99 would always do wierd stuff when I quit by useing command-Q, and that time it happened to blow the video card. Replaced it with an got a replacement, worked fine, then upgraded to what I have now... an X800XT. Since then I added 2 more gigs of RAM and another HD. No problems at all. The card may have been defective, but the game certainly triggered the failiure.

My joystick also mysteriously stopped working while I was play wwiiol once. Found out that it must have been a short. One of the 2 USB ports on my cinema display doesn't work. System profiler will detect the joystick when I plug it into the port, but the second a button is pressed or the stick is moved, it disapears (same with USB keys and such). The joystick works fine in the other port and has ever since.

Wierd stuff happens.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0