Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bylzebub

another cthl problem

58 posts in this topic

Wow back when this game first came out I held off because of all the bugs..Well im on a trial period and I never seen a game with so many bugs..First I could not get on all weekend because of some crap..Now cthl wow what a bunch of crud..Its a fun game for how many minutes I have played before gettin the old steal toe..Oh ya ran out of a building today and fell through the ground ended up on the sun lol..This game always this crapy or is it just a buggy week?

It's not crappy - It's WWCartoon Online - Beyond Explaination... :D

Seriously, it is always like this after a patch, well ok, it is always like this.

The game is in a constant state of beta, there are problems, some get fixed, some never seem to be able to be pinned down or they lack the resources/planning/desire to do it. Always onward and upward.

If that bothers you, this may not be the game for you. Just being honest.

Both of my computers cthl .......cant play more than 30 seconds.

I have tried everything I even uninstalled my firewall..........nothing works.

Im out of the game till crs does somthing on their end.

I get a netcode2 error of some kind then it reverts to regular netcode.

I already knew that I cant play game with regular netcode......I have to have

netcode2 working for me to get into game...............This all started after last patch........Hope they fix this soon.

Equlizer

UPDATE:::::::::::::just after I posted this message I tried game and it works now ....................crs must have fixed something..........I have been working on this game for days.............WOOOOOOOOOOT it works now.

I hope what ever they did fixed the rest of u guys problem.

Equlizer

Mine still dont work,

Have had the issue since the patch last monday, have tryed close to everything.

Loose connection sometimes after 10 min. most of the time after 30 sec.

I would love to see some comment from CRS, but have not been able to find one yet.

Sry for not loggin in, but I cannot remember my PW

Geeby

It's not crappy - It's WWCartoon Online - Beyond Explaination... :D

Seriously, it is always like this after a patch, well ok, it is always like this.

The game is in a constant state of beta, there are problems, some get fixed, some never seem to be able to be pinned down or they lack the resources/planning/desire to do it. Always onward and upward.

If that bothers you, this may not be the game for you. Just being honest.

I only have one problem with this game cthl but other than that nothin else..Im sure u fellas can figure that out..On another thread they say take the connection option off best connection because it only works half the time.I did that and i usually get 1 mission in then if i dont relog i get the cthl..

thish has been going on since updte monday, many in different posts about netcode2 and cthl's, Mine was fine till monday , then been having that netcode and cthl all the time. Last time i rmember reading net code 2 was beta and you had to manually set it up. they stuck netcode2 beta in game so you can select it from game menu to make it easy, but what ever happened in mondays patch has caused this by the looks of it.

As for aces high , been on that for 7 yrs now and if you like fur balls and just like to land your kills so all can see it in message box,then the game is your type, and they dont have 700 in one arena when they were maxed out in new several arenas where your lucky to see 200, and if one side is losing they stop you from getting the plane you want. so AH is going down the tubes more then being great. and for the games with 32 mn limits and 15 min missions like bf2 they are not like this game either. and not worth comparing to this one. This game will become better becuse it has to to, are we willing to upgrade PC to to keep up with it. ones with the bare minimum pc,s will have to spend money on pc, or move on. CRS cant keep game up for PC's that are to old and out dated to play this game and still improve for the next generation of cards and pc's and graphics game has to come out with.

Have yet to see a RAT post anything about this...we are paying good money to play this game and it would be nice to have a developer at least come in here and post that they are aware it is a problem and they are working on it. I am TIRED of trying to play in 2 minute bursts and paying for it REAL TIRED!

i am having the same problem since this new patch. would like to see a response from crs about it also. if this continues, i will have no choice but to unsub.

As one that rarely has issues with connectivity, I have had my share lately. It is easy to 'blame the game' when in reality, for most, it is the method they are routed to the game servers, something CRS has little to no control over.

Try experimenting with your network routes by changing the setting from 'best' to primary or secondary. One of them should provide a more stable connection than the other.

For me, using the secondary is better, while not as fast, it is far more stable.

I can say now that my issues are definately ISP related and I send a daily complaint in hope that they fix it.

Might work for you...

thish has been going on since updte monday, many in different posts about netcode2 and cthl's, Mine was fine till monday , then been having that netcode and cthl all the time. Last time i rmember reading net code 2 was beta and you had to manually set it up. they stuck netcode2 beta in game so you can select it from game menu to make it easy, but what ever happened in mondays patch has caused this by the looks of it.

As for aces high , been on that for 7 yrs now and if you like fur balls and just like to land your kills so all can see it in message box,then the game is your type, and they dont have 700 in one arena when they were maxed out in new several arenas where your lucky to see 200, and if one side is losing they stop you from getting the plane you want. so AH is going down the tubes more then being great. and for the games with 32 mn limits and 15 min missions like bf2 they are not like this game either. and not worth comparing to this one. This game will become better becuse it has to to, are we willing to upgrade PC to to keep up with it. ones with the bare minimum pc,s will have to spend money on pc, or move on. CRS cant keep game up for PC's that are to old and out dated to play this game and still improve for the next generation of cards and pc's and graphics game has to come out with.

I see your point oneeagle, but in this case it is hard to blame the ISPs for the CTHLs that started to occur for plenty of players about a week ago.

I understand that many are so frustrated because of the unstabilities in the game connections -For example when the new patch came out, I myself had just started to play again after the "christmas patch" which made the game quite unplayable for me.

I see your point oneeagle, but in this case it is hard to blame the ISPs for the CTHLs that started to occur for plenty of players about a week ago.

I understand that many are so frustrated because of the unstabilities in the game connections -For example when the new patch came out, I myself had just started to play again after the "christmas patch" which made the game quite unplayable for me.

Looking at it from the networking code end, it comes down to tolerances. We all hate warping and lag kills in game and one sure fire way to reduce it is to minimize the tolerances in the netcode.

That has a down side in more issues for those whith poor connections. Catch 22, eh?

so is a 1700 down load and 700 upload bad?My ping is 120 to 130 all the time and every time i check it. I no its not the best but its not bad on the other hand..I read that net code had a bug wouldnt u think that might have to do with it?Its weird that right off the get go if i choose to use net code it terminates 2 of the alternatives off the get go..Is T1 gonna have to be a system requirment?Just want to play thats all.

Looking at it from the networking code end, it comes down to tolerances. We all hate warping and lag kills in game and one sure fire way to reduce it is to minimize the tolerances in the netcode.

That has a down side in more issues for those whith poor connections. Catch 22, eh?

Its not an isp problem its a ww2 online problem period!!

what kind of connection do u have?

so is a 1700 down load and 700 upload bad?My ping is 120 to 130 all the time and every time i check it. I no its not the best but its not bad on the other hand..I read that net code had a bug wouldnt u think that might have to do with it?Its weird that right off the get go if i choose to use net code it terminates 2 of the alternatives off the get go..Is T1 gonna have to be a system requirment?Just want to play thats all.

Actually, it is the way you are routed to the game servers. While you might get good routing to the speed test servers, you may not have optimal routing to the game servers.

Most ISP providers have learned to ensure their routes to test servers are always on the 'high end' of performance as it reduces trouble calls and reduces complaints. They really go out of their way to make this happen.

Because the 'average user' does not understand how it all works, the ISP smells like a rose while the 'problem' is laid at the feet of the , in this case, the game.

Now, that is not to say there are not issues with the netcode. When there are, I suffer from them too.

This last round a few days ago had me quite upset. I know better, but I did speed tests and all appeared fine. Being on 5000 down and 1.5 up, I expect a degree of reliability, yet my son, who was trying to play WoW, was having issues too.

I ran a trace and I discovered twice I was leaving thier backbone. When confronted, they admitted to having issues. Upon their repair, I was back to reliable connectivity.

While this may not be your issue, it certainly can be a contributing factor, how you get there means a lot.

Hate to tell you this oneeagle but you are DEAD WRONG! It is a problem on their end....I can play any other online game and no problem. Also there is a ton of people with this problem...we all have bad connections? Why does it not knock off all the people on dial up then? I have done a trace on my ISP and upstream and downstream are fine. It is a CRS issue.

Hate to tell you this oneeagle but you are DEAD WRONG! It is a problem on their end....I can play any other online game and no problem. Also there is a ton of people with this problem...we all have bad connections? Why does it not knock off all the people on dial up then? I have done a trace on my ISP and upstream and downstream are fine. It is a CRS issue.

Reading comprehension a probem?

I was not saying that there wasn't an issue. I merely pointed out that if your routing is not optimal, it would contribute to the issue.

Thanks for proving my point however.

You are NOT routed via the same pathways to the 'other games'. Additionally, if the 'tons of people' end up on the same network paths, and if a point in that path was the cuplrit, would it not be reasonable that that group of folks would suffer similiar issues?

Conversely, why is it just as many are NOT having the issue if the fault is purely related to the code itself? Well?

Dial-up is notorious for problems. In a game with connectivity demands such as this, being routed through parts of the country where the weather has been poor could degrade connections resulting in poor performance as well. Copper phone lines anyone? Line-noise ratios? Any of that ring familiar?

A bit of history here. Last time we saw continued connectivity issues like this, Comcast had re-routed their traffic via less optimal routes. After CRS worked with them, it was resolved. Do note, that is was Comcast's choice to do it and CRS had NO real influence over it other than requesting the change.

Now, my Dad lives one state away. I built his PC (and maintain it). It is identical to mine. The differences are: He has Comcast, I have Charter. He has CTD issues frequently, I have them very rarely.

Routing makes more of a difference than people realize... which is why I suggest trying the other options for connectivity.

Oh, and for the record, a trace will not display upstream and downstream, only the router addressess you go through, ping times x 3 for those routers, and the number of routers you hit (hops) to get there. ;)

This problem has just started for me tonight. as soon as i spawn in i got 30 seconds before ilock up and cthl. at 60 fps no less. this is getting retarded. i have all high end stuff in my connection. i'm at 108mbps and downlaod files as quickly as 500 kbps. only problem is with this game. and ths just happened today. come on crs get your game face on. and don't make me take off my belt.

u are completely correct there is a serious problem.I am not as dumb as they think." oh its ur isp.." Come on get real I play aces high and in one arena we had 420 players on and no lag no problem.AT 1 point we probaly had atleast 200 all viewable no prob..U think aces high is makin roses for my isp??

u are completely correct there is a serious problem.I am not as dumb as they think." oh its ur isp.." Come on get real I play aces high and in one arena we had 420 players on and no lag no problem.AT 1 point we probaly had atleast 200 all viewable no prob..U think aces high is makin roses for my isp??

Jeramy. You obviously are not listening. There is an issue with netcode 2. There is an issue with the current netcode in game. HOWEVER, your routing could be adding to the issue, making connection maintenance difficult. That is what I am saying.

Look at the post above yours, this person had no reported issues until yesterday. Clearly indicative of a ISP issue, not game code FOR HIM.

The fact that you relate 'other games not having issues' makes it clear to me that you have no clue on what you think you know more about than you do. You give tha appearance that you do not understand detours on the information super highway nor how traffic flows therein.

I deal with networking on a global scale as a living. If it works 'ok' for some but not for others, it is clearly a fault on the non-working side MORE than it is a fault in the code. Usually, the fault is related to either hardware or routing. Rarely is it the fault of the code it self in this type of instance.

Tolerances are built in the code to handle slow or dirty connections, however, only so much tolerance can be allowed before it adversely affects the performance of the program the network code is supporting.

If you cannot comprehend that simple sentence and what it really means, I cannot teach you anything further as your mind is already made up.

Good luck with that...

Jeramy. You obviously are not listening. There is an issue with netcode 2. There is an issue with the current netcode in game. HOWEVER, your routing could be adding to the issue, making connection maintenance difficult. That is what I am saying.

Look at the post above yours, this person had no reported issues until yesterday. Clearly indicative of a ISP issue, not game code FOR HIM.

The fact that you relate 'other games not having issues' makes it clear to me that you have no clue on what you think you know more about than you do. You give tha appearance that you do not understand detours on the information super highway nor how traffic flows therein.

I deal with networking on a global scale as a living. If it works 'ok' for some but not for others, it is clearly a fault on the non-working side MORE than it is a fault in the code. Usually, the fault is related to either hardware or routing. Rarely is it the fault of the code it self in this type of instance.

Tolerances are built in the code to handle slow or dirty connections, however, only so much tolerance can be allowed before it adversely affects the performance of the program the network code is supporting.

If you cannot comprehend that simple sentence and what it really means, I cannot teach you anything further as your mind is already made up.

Good luck with that...

well then i guess i never delt with game server that had so many problems my bad.Played online games since on line was on line just never delt with this type of incompetence... Sorry global network guy..Get it fingered out..Oh ya it not my job to comprehend it its my job to pay people who do that for a living to comprehend it.DO u comprehend that?

well I am listening but dont no the whole picture..Sorry if I offend anyone its not my intent.Just frustrated thats all.I just dont believe that a customer should have to find other routs to play a game for money. most people just no how to operate there "C" cleaner and antivirus programs.There will always be problems with online games to a point but for how long?I have a month to figure out if i want to be a member and so far i have not gotton a chance to really play. Hey i could write a country song bout this lol..I really do understand that the rat staff is probably working there butts off trying to get this problem worked out..Good luck RAT..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0