Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kalzun

CTHL Discussion Thread

91 posts in this topic

Many that has had CTHLs with the 1.24 version of the game have fixed it by port forwarding their routers: TCP ports 27015 through 27021

Yeah, me included. And I thought I got the info from the above-post, but it isn't included there (anymore?).

Many that has had CTHLs with the 1.24 version of the game have fixed it by port forwarding their routers: TCP ports 27015 through 27021

Help A brother out here, Ive experienced CTHL for the past 2 weeks....... Only the odd CTD before that. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous, not enough to know how to forward TCP ports. Please walk me through it.

Thnaks

Kidd

When i run msconfig and go to services tab,,up comes a ton of items that no one knows what it is or if its necessary to actually run ones computer on the internet. It all takes up ram and speed of my computer. Question : is there some place one can go to find out what is necessary to run a simple home computer and what is tag on stuff such as net meeting and remote connection junk.. If one could uncheck a ton of this stuff as not needed then I know game might run better.

Lets say a list of needed items might be a better way to go..

I want to access the internet for my home page, wwiionline game and forums, squad forum page thats it.. any help here would help many many people. I know everyone is different with different systems but basic toggles in startup and services for the above mentioned is a tremendous start here,,,maybe you can maybe not but thanks in advance for your time..:rolleyes:

BLOO..I found a great website to determine in services.exe what you may need to disable or automatic or manual you settings. take look at the web site and if you think it should be mentioned then do so. I used it today so disreguard the above post by me. This answered all my questions I had above,,,thanks for your time..

Here is the web site.. www.theeldergeek.com

It is very wide range and informitive for me and someothers. :D

CTHL with tank only? I've only had the occasional CTHL over the past year, but the last two nights I've had three, and wierdly enough, only when driving a tank. One came in a 3h, another a 3f and the other in a 38t. I rarely play armor, prefering infantry and air, but found it more than coincedental that the only CTHL's I've had recently came while driving a tank. Any thoughts on that CRS?

I would also very much like an explanation to how to forward TCP ports, or whatever should help on CTHL's. Last month, Ive had many CTHL's pr day, which is highly unusual for me.

I have a DI-604 DLINK-router with a fancy web interface and all. Funny thing is that my entire Internet connection dies after a WWIIOL-CTHL, but automatically returns aprox. 1 min later. Still, this is only something I experience while playing WWIIOL, so Im pretty confident that the game, and not my ISP, has something to do with the issue.

If this "port forwarding thingy" might help, I would very much like to hear about what to do, in more details, please :-)

Host Connection Lost, reconnect failed Error #10057

Lost Connection to chat Error #10057

any ideas?

EDIT:

Nooooooooo 2 kills RTB & land in spit but CTHL before i can despawn!!!!!

I never get CTHL whats going on? is it a server issue from before?

Thanx Gnasche

However, my CTHL-issues disappeared after yesterdays server-updates, and I had myself a full 10 hours of gameplay without a single crash. So messing about with the router seems unnessecary now. But thanx again :-)

Has the Video/Network Connection selection in the Settings been disabled?

I have a clean install v.1.24 plus current updates and still have a few CTHL issues (Error #10057). I have tried selecting either best, primary or secondary and played several times with each selection but when I check the the "winner" in the ww2net.log it is often different. It seems the server selection choice does not work. The 209 server works best for me but regardless of what I have selected the 66 server will still show up every so often.

Here's an example: secondary was selected, usually it's 209.

Thu Oct 19 21:24:15 2006 network election of 2 addresses: 66.28.224.143:562ms. 209.144.109.143:656ms. Winner: 66.28.224.143

These ping times are slower than normal.

Tazz

1 person likes this

Has the Video/Network Connection selection in the Settings been disabled?
Yeah, I just heard there is a bug that was introduced in one of the 1.24.x versions that is ignoring the network setting. So that can't be used at the moment for a cthl fix.

Tried using the checknet utility for BE and here are the results

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 8434ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 331ms

Test 3: Main Alt WSAE:: Connection timed out (10060)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 346ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 394ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 351ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 328ms

Test 8: Event Alt WSAE:: Connection timed out (10060)*** FAILED: Connect failed

*** Partial failure.

- Check firewall

No need to ck firewall as I shut it off for the game so that is a non issue. Any other ideas? I have gone into system settings and shut off everything that is not needed to keep me going, and I still get cthl after cthl. I am experiencing the game one minute at a time and 10 minutes to get back in game. I am using Verizon broadband for my hookup. These cthl problems were only ocassional prior to the last patch. Does it look like my ping times are out in left field? don't know what constitutes good pings.

Tried using the checknet utility for BE and here are the results

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 8434ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 331ms

Test 3: Main Alt WSAE:: Connection timed out (10060)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 346ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 394ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 351ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 328ms

Test 8: Event Alt WSAE:: Connection timed out (10060)*** FAILED: Connect failed

*** Partial failure.

- Check firewall

No need to ck firewall as I shut it off for the game so that is a non issue. Any other ideas? I have gone into system settings and shut off everything that is not needed to keep me going, and I still get cthl after cthl. I am experiencing the game one minute at a time and 10 minutes to get back in game. I am using Verizon broadband for my hookup. These cthl problems were only ocassional prior to the last patch. Does it look like my ping times are out in left field? don't know what constitutes good pings.

Try running it a few times. Your pings *are* high, you'd have to be on a 28.8kbps connection in outback Australia to get times like those on a "good" connection.

More importantly, you seem to be wholly unable to connect on our backup network route, which could be indicative of a general problem with your ISP.

-k

I changed my browers to Firefox a week ago and got rid of IE6. No CTHL's since. I'd be curious to see if some of you that have tried everything would be willing to make this change? Firefox is a small download and easy to uninstall if you don't like it. Make sure that you go into the windows settings and disable IE to make the comparison equal to my change.

I have never had this problem until today with the new campaign. I flew 3 missions in a stuka np. Then 3 missions in a row in the 109E it did it each time. I was in for about 5 min the first time, the second time it happened soon as I was taking off from the air field, and the third time I flew around for probably 20 mins plus and then it did it. Anyone else who has never had this happen getting it now? It didn't happen in the stuka, so could it be the 109E? I haven't flown but maybe 3-5 times going off memory before. Thanks in advance.

Yesterday I started having severe Chost problems. Not only that alot of times I could not connect to the server at all. I have reloaded the game, flushed the dns cache. Tried everything I could think of. Also having problems opening the wwiionline website too. HELP. Im an addict and Im jonesing real bad.

Yesterday I started having severe Chost problems. Not only that alot of times I could not connect to the server at all. I have reloaded the game' date=' flushed the dns cache. Tried everything I could think of. Also having problems opening the wwiionline website too. HELP. Im an addict and Im jonesing real bad.[/quote']

Ditto for me, I think the server needs maintenance. Everyone is having trouble lately.

Yesterday I started having severe Chost problems. Not only that alot of times I could not connect to the server at all. I have reloaded the game' date=' flushed the dns cache. Tried everything I could think of. Also having problems opening the wwiionline website too. HELP. Im an addict and Im jonesing real bad.[/quote']

Same, had a lot of trouble loading anything last night wwii website, forurms, game etc when i finally got into the game i ctd'd within 5 mins

I'll join the club, I get a lot of CTHL and more frequently I am having trouble connecting to the server.

Seems to happen most at UK peak times 6pm-9pm (GMT).

cyclonet seems for me not a problem on the uk side but on your connection settings, ever tried to check your connection?

best actual (and not too expensive) tool for this is PC-Booster 5 (unfortunately only in german) ;)

I just had my machine in for servicing - they replaced a pooched Mobo, re-enstalled windows, and added virus protection.

Last night I had CONSTANT CTHLs. I've gotten rid of the virus check software (since I could not figure how to turn it off!), and I noticed also that there is a tonne of MS stuff running in the background now when my machine boots up.

How do I turn it off, and how do I know which windows stuff I can turn off?

I'm assuming that the change in windows on my machine is to blame for my probs.

Trout

Windows XP users By default Microsoft install and enable a "QoS Packet Scheduler" on all Windows XP network connections. It is highly recommended that you disable and uninstall this feature to generally improve your Internet access.

Can't find it. Are we supposed to know where this is and how to disable/uninstall it? (If I can find it I can get rid of it.)

nVidia nForce users The nVidia firewall is known to cause a host of issues with TCP connections, and has proven highly problematic for WWII users.....

First I've heard of an "nVidia firewall", and I've been using forceware since it came out.

Trout, check out NOD32 at http://www.eset.com/ - the most gaming friendly virus checker I've come across (without cutting corners on virus protection).

You may also want to give the Netcode2 experiment a trial run (see Bloo's post in this forum), since Netcode1s modus-operandi apparently looks like a virus to the retards who write the network protection in some virus checkers (in short: it uses TCP and they assume that only viruses and web browsers do that)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0