Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stridor

plenty of CTHL lately

24 posts in this topic

I have got following error message multiple times today when spawning in:

netcode2 connection failed - reverting to standard communications

netcode2 connection failed, please check your firewall - reverting to standard network usage

After this i can usually play about 2 to 10 mins and then i get cthl.

nothing has changed in my configuration. Anybody else with similar problems?

Same here. Do I need to revert to my pre-manual-install xml file to get rid of netcode2?

Yesterday I played about 6-7 hours non-stop with only 1 CTHL. After today's patch, I've CTHL three times in 45 mins.

Fairly frustrated at this point.

S!

... and again and again and again.

Some Observations: With Netcode2 enabled the game lasts from 2 - 20 minutes. Ping shows me any number between 65530 and 250, packet loss goes up to 50% from time to timw - it never feels like it would be laggy though - steady fps and steady play.

If you get "Netcode 2 connection failed" you better despawn that S76 NOW or you're gonna lose it definately, 2 minutes after that message I'm out.

Without Netcode2 the game lasts from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

From the log:

Messages received: Total:5981 Valid:5390 Invalid:0 Dup:591

Packetloss: 24.7%

though that packetloss cant be - connection is fine, game feels fine too.

further:

[Mon Jan 15 23:38:31 2007] Netcode2:209.144.109.145 Opening 209.144.109.145...

[Mon Jan 15 23:38:33 2007] Netcode2:209.144.109.145 Failed (16): Server full

[Mon Jan 15 23:39:43 2007] Netcode2:209.144.109.145 Opening 209.144.109.145...

After that.... guess what.

I got a little stability back (from 5-10 mins maybe to 30-60 mins) by disabling QoS at network connections. Check CTHL sticky this forum for instructions.

Test time was quite short but I got CTD rather than CTHL after that :confused:

I found a solution for my CTLH problem

in "C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe" folder.

Right click this files one by one , select compability mode to win95 and apply.

SETTINGS.exe,

WW2.exe,

WW2_sse2.exe,

WW2_x86.exe

When these are done, go network settings and remove Qos packet scheduler service and apply

thats all

nope, tried everything - doesnt work.

It got so bad that i cthl 2 minutes into the game - it just freezes for 2 minutes, then tells me connection to host lost.

Not playable, not acceptable.

no firewall running or anti virus, lost netcode2 after first spawn in,,now it fails everytime. ports are open, and ip is clear.. need help fps down ot under 10 was 35 to 30 till this patch,, reloaded entire game still same thing,,,ahhhhhhh...:rolleyes:

I found a solution for my CTLH problem

in "C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe" folder.

Right click this files one by one , select compability mode to win95 and apply.

SETTINGS.exe,

WW2.exe,

WW2_sse2.exe,

WW2_x86.exe

When these are done, go network settings and remove Qos packet scheduler service and apply

thats all

It was always make the target as a windows ME not 95, has it changed?

Same here.....CTHL's back,netcode2 porked,fps in the toilet again......i for one am sick & tired of chasing magic bullets every time a patch is released!!!! "Compatibility" modes,QoS disabling,renaming .exe's,looking for the "magic" setting ingame to even play................

Had the same problems as original poster of this thread. Has to be system thing. Never had problems until yesterday and I have played alot since game came out.

Found my answer to the netcode2 failed error.. Now figure this..with my firewall off, antivirus off,, netcode2 failed each spawn in..so.. I figured ill do the reverse.. I turned on my firewall, and antivirus,, went to my firewall and gave permissions for ww2.exe and sse2.exe,,approved the ports, and the ip address of the game. Now netcode2 does not fail,,although fps are about the same as before kinda low for me,,10 to 20 around towns, 20 to 30 outside towns. BUT! concussion bug struck again, have not had it for weeks, It was Reims.. everytme the ai at the airfield started shooting at allied aircraft, concussion bug hit me.. lasted until AI stopped firing then went away.. Thought it was fixed ? guess not..

I have adverage computer,,2gig ram, sse2 checked otherwise could not play as fps would sink to 5 or less. internet connects 8.2mbps,, netcheck 47ms top to bottom,, in game its 125ms solid for some reason.. thanks for your time.. I am using mcaffy security center for firewall and anti virus..

I give up....can't stay ingame longer than 10 minutes with CTHL!! Tried best/primary/secondary/netcode2 on or off-makes no difference.

I have tested:

Firewall off / on

Ports open / closed

QoS on / off

Netcode2 on / off

Best / primary / secondary connection

No joy.

Edit:

And win95 / Nt compatibility

I will try the firewall thing but it still doesn't matter. I am just sick and tired of having these problems on a consistent basis. I just unsubbed a few days ago which I havn't done in a long time. I don't see the logic in paying to be a beta tester for this game.

I take back all i said above netcode2 today does not work, had it working yesterday with reverse engineering so to speak, but all settings the same it does not work at all no matter what i do today,,I need netcode2 stand alone program like i use to have,,everything worked fine, but after christmas patch and upgrade and subsequint patches and upgrades I am lost on what to do to get back to playable again...:cool:

I got that message every time I spawned in today. I didn't get any CTHLs though.

Netcode2 is still in beta, so hopefully this is something they can sort out as they continue developing it.

I got that message every time I spawned in today. I didn't get any CTHLs though.

Same for me, immediately upon spawning I'm getting the "reverting to original" message. I got 2 CTHLs during one evening, which is more than I used to get before about the d-patch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0