• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kamel

Netcode2 port forwarding...

37 posts in this topic

kamel for a laymen computer guy where does one find his router settings? someone said browser? what browser from where? thanks

Internet Explorer? That's what I use. Just put in the router local ip address [usually 192.168.1.1 or similar]

I was actually asking for advice because my attempt at forwarding doesn't work.

but then, I know squat about forwarding...

All I know is that I can't get netcode2 to work any more.

I've actually lost Netcode2 myself, and I'm quite sure it isn't my router. I am having some packetloss stateside. I'll post my trace when I get home.

I've traced it and it isn't my router. It looks like netcode2 is broken with this patch deploy.

yup which makes my game unplayible. netcode 2 kept it stable.

I really wonder what port forwarding should do for this game, as I never ever had to forward any ports for it. Would really love to get a technical explanation (based on Rat knowledge, not on "guessed" knowledge).

However, kamel, you're writing about port forwarding yet you're ignoring the "port forwarding" option in your router's webinterface and use port triggers instead. What you set up there is MIGHT have the same effect, not so sure about this, but if you really want to do "port forwarding" ( that includes binding those incoming ports to a special IP in your LAN), then you should use the corresponding option in your router.

thanks kamel,, thought that was it but was not sure,,never needed to port forward before,,over a year and 5 months.. but desperation causes these fixes for the players i guess.. thanks for your time..

Yup, having serious problems with the netcode2. This only started since the last patch. Game is almost unplayable.....again.

Get this for weird.

My friend brings his PC over to play... he doesn't get the netcode errors... but he's going through the same router.

WTF?

I can't get netcode2 any more since the last patch.

The game turns me to turn off my firewall but that doesnt fix it.

Before patch netcode2 worked fine and since patch netcode2 won't work.

Is there an updated netcode2 yet from kfs1 or is it broken and awaiting fix?

I'm getting a netcode2 error at startup also. It auto-reverts me to normal netcode and states to check my firewall settings. I never had this problem before patch either.

Seems like something the RATS need to take a look at if this many of us are experiencing the problem...there are probably a lot of people that have it also and just haven't noticed.

I also find this very strange.

When the netcode2 was released to HC only for testing I installed the new .exe files and they ran with no problems at all. I did not have to change firewall or router settings - it just worked fine.

Since the latest patch, when I select a unit and spawn in the game now tells me that netcode2 cannot be used and it is reverting to original netcode. It also suggests I check my firewall settings.

I know that neither my firewall nor router settings have changed - the only thing that has is the installation of the latest game patches and now netcode2 doesn't work.

Having picked up on this article I have opened ports 27015-27021 in my router and netcode2 still will not work. I am also using Sunbelt Kerio personal firewall and there are no options in there to open any ports at all.

Would like some further explanation from you please RATS.

S! Nikita

I helped test Netcode 2, which has always worked fine. It's worked fine since the option was added into the game to select it.

But since the last patch 90% of the time it will not connect with Netcode2 and defaults to the old connection.

Any ideas KFS1?

Same experience here, Netcode2 was working fine with the test 1.24 version, but it's been completely broken since 1.25 came out.

Having same problem as everybody.I have even disabled windows firewall.my McAfee firewall,and placed my computer in what my router calls the DMZ zone"completely"exposed to the internet. Idid this one at a time and then all at once,still had netcode2 revert back to standard communications. STILL HAVE ONE QUESTION= WHY IS THE CHECK BOX FOR RUN SSE2 EXECUTABLE :mad: "IN THE SETTINGS WINDOW" (ON MY COMPUTER) GRAYED OUT??:mad:

Been having the same issues here.

I have XP, no firewall enabled (ie windows firewall turned off). My firewall/router is a business class box too (Sonicwall Pro 1260).

Same situation for me too. Netcode2 was keeping this playable but now I have big lag spikes and cthls out the wazoo.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0