Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Figgy27

color problem

40 posts in this topic

ok, i have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card, and when i first spawn in, sometimes when i look in a certain direction, my guy lags and many colors "spill" out of nearby objects and blind my character. Anyone who has helpeed me before this is on a different computer, also on my other computer, the lousy one, after i udated a playgate autoupdate when my game loads, it just sits there when it says "connecting to network".

ok' date=' i have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card, and when i first spawn in, sometimes when i look in a certain direction, my guy lags and many colors "spill" out of nearby objects and blind my character. Anyone who has helpeed me before this is on a different computer, also on my other computer, the lousy one, after i udated a playgate autoupdate when my game loads, it just sits there when it says "connecting to network".[/quote']

I'v never encountered that issue with the FX5200 but i can tell you that this card is 'Crap', and thats a technical term you may quote me on.

I'd start by uninstalling your display drivers.

Then use 'Driver Cleaner' to remove all traces of them. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Driver-Cleaner.shtml

I would also reccomend using the Performance 'Omega drivers' with this card

http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia/win2k_xp.php

Good luck

S!

... also on my other computer' date=' the lousy one, after i udated a playgate autoupdate when my game loads, it just sits there when it says "connecting to network".[/quote']

..when it does that your firewall is blocking the new wwii...exe from connecting to the intahwebz (internet), you'll have to allow it to make a connection. After every update...

gscx1ar, how do i give it a connection? And xenon84 since i'm not good with computers,do i ahve to pay for any of those downloads? And if i did delete my old driver, and its componets and downloaded the NVIADIA omega, which one would i download, because i saw many of them and didn't know which one i should download.

gscx1ar' date=' how do i give it a connection? And xenon84 since i'm not good with computers,do i ahve to pay for any of those downloads? And if i did delete my old driver, and its componets and downloaded the NVIADIA omega, which one would i download, because i saw many of them and didn't know which one i should download.[/quote']

All free. I'm assuming you are running windows XP, in which case use this one.http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&func=fileinfo&filecatid=1036

Ok, i used your cleaner and installed your link, but now when it loads when it gets to the very end, it just crashes and goes to my desktop. Also now it says that i don't even have a video card. I'll try your link again. Also how do i give my computer a connection to the new auto update like the other guy was saying?:confused::confused:

Figgy, you've asked for help in at least a dozen posts, which makes it impossible to figure out what problems you are having, and what you've done to try to fix them. Please keep all your information in one thread.

I replied to one of your posts a few weeks ago about your "bad" computer. I'm fairly certain that it will never be able to run WWIIOL, since it falls below the minimum required specification.

Ok, i used your cleaner and installed your link, but now when it loads when it gets to the very end, it just crashes and goes to my desktop. Also now it says that i don't even have a video card. I'll try your link again. Also how do i give my computer a connection to the new auto update like the other guy was saying?

I suspect that you either got a bad driver, or the wrong driver. Or maybe the Omega drivers just won't work on your system. You should clean out those drivers and install the official Nvidia ones from here.

Well my bad computer used to be able to run WW2ol with lots of lags and bad fps, which i suppose i'll have to live with or upgrade. But after I installed the playgate autoupdate it just didn't work at all. Are you sure there is nothing new that my crappy computer could be blocking? lol

Edit: At least my other computer works fine on the game but the horrible video I'll also need to change.:D

YAY i got it to get past connecting to network and i can play. But this is somewhat of a random question but, when you spawn at a moblie spawn, why is it sometimes you get trapped inside it?

bump, plz need anwser, not good with computers, i could easily be missing something that you guys could easily see. =/

Ok, I miracly fixed it, but i still have the problem. i guess i just need a new video card period. Any suggestions?

7900GS or 7600GT.

7900GS is the better of the two.

Of course, now the 7900GTs are coming down in price and they're even better (MUCH better than 7600GT and a good bit better than 7900GS)

7900GT - $199

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150216

Or if you want to push it just a BIT...

7950GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122012

7950GT is the best single-GPU DX9 card offered by Nvida...

$225 after rebate = NOT BAD AT ALL.

7950GT is essentially an overclocked 7900GT, but with some important differences; 7950GT uses higher quality ram chips and a superior memory voltage regulator.

thx, and when i buy the chip and get it into my computer, the driver automaticly comes with it or do i need to download a driver for it? If so which 1 should i do?

thx' date=' and when i buy the chip and get it into my computer, the driver automaticly comes with it or do i need to download a driver for it? If so which 1 should i do?[/quote']

maybe figgy you should take this to your local computer shop and ask them to stick it in for you. and yes you'll need to download the forceware driver for it.

Ok, I know I've asked for alot of help, and I know my computer sucks, but I have a totally random new problem...when my Computer is loading "Initializing objects" It crashes to my desktop and doesn't even come up with an error report saying what went wrong. I didn't change anything, except for when the screen went upside down again, I changed the roatation. But that's fixed but not the random crash, is this because of my video card? Or corrupt install? Oh yeah, and just making sure, if I have 511 RAM, should i get a new video card or more RAM?

Thanks for any helpful answers:D

(Not good with computers)

Before you go out and buy a new video card you need to figure out if you have an AGP or a PCI-express slot. The FX5200 was the lowest end of the gforce 5000 series basically a workstation card not for gaming. I helped a friend upgrade from one to an ATI x800 and they both were AGP.

If you have AGP this is the best deal I could find new. A BFG 7800gs for $209

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143046

This is a mid range card with a 256bit memory bus. Fairly fast.

Maybe a little better than that is the ATI x1950pro for $229

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814241041

Here's a rare find now. A gforce 6800gt in AGP for $189

These prices look high because they're AGP. The selection really sucks. I was going to tell you to go with a 7600gt but in AGP they're $175. Not worth it IMO.

If you want a good card for next to nothing the ATI x800's are going for around $100 on ebay and there's several.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=ati+x800

That will pretty much hang with any modern low/mid range card. It's got a 256bit memory bus.

BTW 1 gig of ram is bare minimum you have to pawn something so you can get at least a gig. If you can swing at least 1 gig of memory and any of the cards I linked than you'll be doing 200% better.

1 gig of ddr400 can be had for as little as $72 The 512 sticks have dropped like a rock. Buy a paired set for 1 gig total.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820161627

lol, nvm thxs, but if i have a PCI, i suppose i should get an X800?

Anyways, does anyone know why my computer crashes at "Initializing Objects" while loading?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0