Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Cruor

My current system

5 posts in this topic

I've been looking at this game for a while and it has finally begun to genuinely pique my interest. When I began to look at it a few months ago, I believe the system requirements in the stickied thread regarding them were accurate. However, I have recently heard that the system requirements have significantly increased due to a recent patch, and have been unable to find a definitive answer regarding the new system requirements. Therefore I ask if this system will be adequate:

3800+ AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor (2 GHz)

1 GB RAM

GeForce 6600 video card

Onboard sound

I expect that, if anything, I'll need an actual sound card and another GB of RAM. I pretty strongly hope that I won't need a new video card and would be truly astounded if I need a new CPU.

The minimum specs haven't changed recently, so the info in the sticky thread is still accurate. The developers were suprised by a few nasty bugs in a recent patch which have significantly reduced some players' frame rates and others which caused a memory leak, but those bugs are gradually being hunted down and fixed.

Your computer should be able to run WWIIOL fine once you have a sound card. It will probably work now, though some Realtek on-board sound options don't run WWIIOL well. You can test the game free of charge by downloading the full install file from the downloads page and running the game in offline mode. Offline mode is a practice area where you are the only thing that can move. Online performance is usually a bit worse than offline, since there are other players that need to be rendered and tracked.

Would I need a decent sound card, or would the $10-$20 ones that I see on newegg suffice?

Would I need a decent sound card' date=' or would the $10-$20 ones that I see on newegg suffice?[/quote']

I wouldn't get a cheapo sound card but don't go haywire on it either. Get a nice Audigy 2 or 4 for say 50 to 70 bucks. Remember a system should compliment itself. No need to get a kick *** GPU or soundcard with an older system (not saying yours is older just a point).

I realize my system isn't quite up to par with more recent standards, but it's still a pretty good one.

I did test out offline mode, and once I turned off most of my startup applications I was getting 40-50 FPS with 1024x768 and 50-60 with 800x600, both on balanced settings, so I don't think I'll need anything but a new sound card. Not the best graphics in the world, but definitely playable.

Thanks guys!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0