Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sharatan

Trouble starting game with Vista

45 posts in this topic

Guys, there is NO 'solution'. WWIIOL DOES NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS VISTA.

Period. Simple as that. If by some chance you get it working, it's shear luck. CRS isn't going to support Vista until the first SP comes out, which will be late spring, early summer.

You should've kept Vista on a dual-boot drive, instead of making it your main OS. This is entirely YOUR burden, and your fault, that the game does not work.

look it got mine running deselect the sse tab on options 'settings then hightlight sound and pick high def. sound and click apply but dont expect the same fps as before i was getting 30 when i get 80 with xp like they said it isnt vista friendly even tho these guys probaly had the code well before us just like nvidia, there beta drivers so its most probaly that just wait for new driver update

A lot of MMO's already support vista, i think WWII should too. Anyway, i'll get mine to work, if not, account freeze because the lack of support.

Anyone know a hotkey to bypass the "welcome page" when the game starts? I cant click on ok button.

Guys' date=' there is NO 'solution'. [b']WWIIOL DOES NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS VISTA.

Yes there is, that CRS does not support vista means that they do not support it, not that it wouldn't work, they are just not the ones to call if you happen to run into problems.

As said, this has to do with crappy drivers, if it isn't a general problem.

WWIIOL works fine in Vista.

WWIIOL works fine in Vista.

Depending on the drive configuration, as has been stated.

But if a person comes on here asking CRS for help on what it won't work on Vista, it's too damn bad for them. Any software/hardware support on Vista is very hit-and-miss right now. It will continue to be that way for another month or two, until more solid drivers are released. It's not anything new. Same thing happened with XP.

Just because CRS says they wont be supporting vista yet dosent mean u wont get help from others here, keep posting your probs someone will always help out.

Lol I can get it loading but can't get my mouse working! Yet it works fine in vista itself just not in wwiiol - at least i can get to the loading screen tho

be sure to turn off sse2 in the settings

this might be my first post, hi to all!

I'm an early vista64 user and remember that i had to fiddle around with run as admin, etc.

After messing up with networks I just reinstalled a clean vista, winupdated everything, downloaded the full wwiiol game, installed it...

and woah! no need to do anything! it just runs perfectly! MS or the RATS must have made some change somewhere, who knows, but trust me, no problems!

no i jsut need to install the Alchemy modded drivers for my Audigy 2.

----

BTW, funny that people indicate that they use Vista 'Ultimate', when the 'Ultimate' part is pointless, its much more important to indicate if its Vista 32 or 64 bits! LOL

I had the game running for several months on my Vista machine.

The performance was not what my XP machine was capable of, but it worked fine. Just low fps.

After the last major patch (TOE,etc) I can't get Playgate to work.

It stalls out when checking for updates before the game actually loads.

I've tried downloading the entire current version of the game.

Tried turning off firewalls, etc etc.

Mouse not working can be fixed by changing the compatability to Win98 or 95..not sure which.

Do not do compatibility mode under vista period, saves from headaches and your mouse will continue to work.

as far as making it work correctly with a minimal loss of FPS do the following

right click on your short cuts for both online and offline mode.

go to the compatibility tab

from there do the following,

Uncheck compatibility mode, the only real advantage you get by using this is a non funtioning mouse.

then check the following.

disable visual themes.

disable desktop composition

disable display scaling on high dpi settings.

if your using that annoying UAC crap

under priviledge level check

run this program as an administrator.

if you are not using the UAC " that annoying little program that beats you over the head with the question about using anything on your system. which can be disabled under user accounts in the control panel btw"

then go to the shortcut tab and put a check mark there that says.

run as administrator.

click apply click ok and reboot.

if you find you are having very low fps after the game kicks in and you are using a nvidia card then go into the nvidia control panel and shut down threaded optimization providing you have dual core type cpu.

or update the drivers to 163.75beta "dont be scared because its a beta driver it works fine" which i just did yesterday and seems to have fix that annoying little problem.

once you go in game you will notice anywhere from a 5-20 frame drop in performance depending on the system and how mangled it is.

If you get alot of choppiness in game and you know how to adjust your services it might be a good idea to test this trick and see if it helps in your particular case.

go to services under admin tools in the control panel and scroll down til you see the service called super fetch. shut this down and disabled it then go under the windows folder look for the folder marked prefetch and clean it out. reboot and try playing the game again. if you do not like how the system responds after shutting super fetch down simply set it back to automatic and restart it do a reboot and you will be right back to where you were.

also make sure you have two gigs of ram as this new os loves to use it, or you will have all kinds of grief coming at ya.

Guys' date=' there is NO 'solution'. [b']WWIIOL DOES NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS VISTA.

Period. Simple as that. If by some chance you get it working, it's shear luck.

"insert smirk here"

I wouldn't call it sheer luck, its more like talent. :D

I have had it working since day one. Albeit was a bit painful in the beginning.

By the time SP1 gets here the only thing the rats will have to do is remove that post.

As i said when vista first came out this has nothing to do with the game has a little to do with MS but the primary problem is with nvidia, ati ,creative and the like.

Once they get their collective acts together alot of the headaches should... should disappear.

"insert smirk here"

Ummm, that post from Stubbles was posted in January. ;)

Things are much better between Vista and WWIIOL now.

Ummm, I installed and tested wwiiol on Vista when it came out.. it worked fine, with a minor fps loss.

thought that looked familar, think i answered the same way back then as well :)

My problems initially with Vista was at first could'nt get my headset to work (finally got that to work) but now my main problem is that the game totally locks up completely, i can't even control-alt-delete or alt-f4 outta the game, i'm completely locked up causing me to do a windows restart (which then tells you about windows not shutting down properly the last time,etc,etc) now some times this happens maybe 10-15 mins in game & then othertimes it doesn't happen for hrs & hrs, but surprisingly those are the only problems that i've had so far with Vista (knock on wood).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0