Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Please post your FPS here <-------

45 posts in this topic

My settings must be different than yours.

I changed all my settings awhile back to that of someone who had a similar machine to mine, but was getting better fps - I have not changed them since.

Perhaps its time for me to fiddle some more.

EDIT: Am I correct to assume I cannot change the VRAM in an iMac?

If I can - I will. I certainly will not buy a whole new machine tho.

Got new intel mac, 2.33ghz, 2gb ram, 256vram. Very playbale now, 15fps lowest in towns even in batle, 20 normal, everything seem fine. Still this is a top end mac so i would have hoped so :)

Have had a macbook pro for one week now 2.33, 2gb, 256vram runs awesome.

20-25 open field

15-20 town

25-30 air

All this speed the game now moves to fast for me. LOL

Was using a mac mini 1.8, 1g, 64vram

Dual 2.0 G5, 3GB ram, X800, 10.4.8

Flying: don't fly much, FPS drops too low to make it viable

FB: 15-25 FPS

In town battle: 5-15 FPS

Have to say my FPS was significantly better before 1.25.x with much higher settings in the game controls. I saw easily double all the above.

Since 1.25.x I've had to drop all game settings to almost minimum and yet still I get worse performance than previously.

Furthermore I can't tab out of the game, it'll lock up completely, even refusing to force-quit. Nor can I run in windowed mode.

I have an Intel Mac Book Pro and am tempted to try the game in PC mode on that, though I'm not convinced the X1600 with 128mb that's built in will show significant improvement. Might try it just for the hell though.

You have a and get what I do, same box. Over the weekend I tried an experiment, ran with settings=high performance and settings=best quality. Very little difference in FPS. The only significant difference maker was Normal Maps (turn em off!) but even with that not a lot.

on a MBP you should get better FPS especially with windows.

Just goes to show the FPS killer on MacOSX is not obvious and not the video system.

The only significant difference maker was Normal Maps (turn em off!) but even with that not a lot.

Where is this normal maps thing?

Dual 2.0 G5, 3GB ram, X800, 10.4.8

Flying: don't fly much, FPS drops too low to make it viable

FB: 15-25 FPS

In town battle: 5-15 FPS

Have to say my FPS was significantly better before 1.25.x with much higher settings in the game controls. I saw easily double all the above.

Since 1.25.x I've had to drop all game settings to almost minimum and yet still I get worse performance than previously.

Furthermore I can't tab out of the game, it'll lock up completely, even refusing to force-quit. Nor can I run in windowed mode.

I have an Intel Mac Book Pro and am tempted to try the game in PC mode on that, though I'm not convinced the X1600 with 128mb that's built in will show significant improvement. Might try it just for the hell though.

You have EXACTLY the same system as me -.2GHz. I get about the same FPS too (with everything on minus Reflections, post render and normal maps). I am convinced you just aren't trying hard enough when switching apps. Are you saying that even your mouse is frozen when you try to cmd-tab? If you hear a "bong" every couple tries, thats normal, cuz something isn't coded right so it's "like" you are doing something wrong, but you are not.

Oh and you can play in windowed mode, but you have to hit cmd-f just as the loading screen shows (and you wont have any weird fog). Though windowed mode is useless (I just use it with hardware monitor) cuz the mouse isn't restricted to the window, meaning that when you fire, if you mouse is outside the window, you are back in the finder and have to click the game window again.

Video or shader settings' date=' it's titled exactly as written.[/quote']

Exactly how much FPS you think this save anyway? Yet to test it.

Exactly how much FPS you think this save anyway? Yet to test it.

I see typically no more than 1 or 2 FPS difference. It really doesn't seem to be a strain at least on the X800. My other thread show a much more significant way of getting more FPS.

My averages (screen rez at around 1120 by xxx; all extras off such as post render, normal, grass shader and reflections, music off, sounds at 128, no clutter, high player viz):

26-30 fps at an empty FB

12-15 when looking at a large town

stutters sometimes below 3-5fps on extreme battles (with air, ei and tanks all around and in the middle of trees)

as high as 45 in air when looking at horizon, but stuttery 10-12 fps when in a furball (though I never last long enough to get a decent idea of fps when engaged--wherever my tail is, there is the enemy, that's all I know kekeke). spikes to single digits if looking down at active city.

Overall, I still get very jumpy frame rates, though not a deal killer like before the patch. I've been playing using the secondary connection instead of best, seems to help with the infantry lag. I was dying a *lot* to ei before I saw them (bang, then I'd see em). Now, it's not too bad, though I still get the 3 step kills on ei (bang, they run three steps then scream and fall down). Or the old favorite: peek around corner see ei for 1 second immediatly retreat back then 2 seconds later, bang, I'm dead.

dual 1.8 2gb ram

6800Ultra

22" viewsonic primary

logitech USB headset and top gun fox 2 pro joystick

P.S. I get a 50/50 chance of crash to desktop if I try to command-tab. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Otherwise game has been very stable, though I loose connection to host once in a while (may be my ISP, i dunno).

Same system Abidubi, but nope, it's frozen solid.

No noise, no mouse, nothing. Locks solid. LIke I said, can't even force-quit.

cmd-f just does nothing, the game continues as normal.

I think there might be a system haxie or something causing this. When I get a sec I'm going to disable the few I use (fruitmenu, pulltab, and a couple of other little ones) and see if it fixes it. It's my feeling, given you (and others) have the same set up and cmd-tab works, that the problem must be in my system and not the game.

Macbook Pro

2.33 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor

2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRam (stock Apple)

ATY,Radeon X1600 vid card w/256 MB onboard

Outside town: 40-45 fps

In town: 15-25 fps (maybe lower - haven't been bad enough for me to notice)

Flying: 10-25 fps (Kalmthout N of Antwerp is probably worse place on map for flying for me)

(this is FPS running the MAC version of the game - not bootcamp XP windows)

Empty FB: 25-30 fps

Small Town or Minimal Air: 15-25 fps

Big City, Large Fight: 3-9 fps

I'm using the lowest quality settings I can, the only "extra" is 128 sounds. Changing from 1152X720 to the native 1440X900 rez doesn't seem to make any difference either. 1.24 was playable, but now coming back to 1.25 is really bad, especially with trying to do something crazy like fly in a big battle, that's about 0-3fps. I guess I'll just cross my fingers for 1.26.

iMac G5 17" 2Ghz w/ 1Gb ram

Radeon 9600 w/ 128Mb vram

Mac OS X 10.4.9

Once the open beta appears, do try it. I think fixing the map may help the fps a lot in the big battle areas.

Mac Pro 2gig dual core 2gig ram nvidia 7300 vid card

Under OS X 15-17 fps at defended fb (seems to make no difference which settings I choose - only a few frames difference on max quality compared with max perf - though I turn normal maps off)

Running with XP using boot camp that goes up to 30-35 with max quality

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0