Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Gun stops firing

dwalin

• CORNERED RAT

Any chance of getting a dxdiag mainly from Vmanstein, Sicness & Dwalin to start with.

No need to post them here, if you could pm me them on the forums or discord that would be great.

16 hours ago, vmanstein said:

I had this happen to me once last night while playing. I was in a CP with an MP34 SMG, a french soldier ran in. I was stationary in a kneeling position facing the door. I pressed my fire button on the mouse (left mouse button) and nothing happened. The mag was full. I let go and pressed again and the gun started firing, but by this time the other guy was already firing and I was dead. It has happened in the past too, but I didn't take much notice of it or .bug it thinking maybe my mouse just needed new batteries.

That's why I made this post, because I thought it was just me too.  But then others said they had something similar and they thought it was just them.  Clearly must be something. 

And yes @KEMPI, I'll get that to you

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT

Also look at this post, Mingus had something like this happen before.

I'll try to read over that thread.  I just had it happen.  Put in a dot bug just to get any of the server data from that moment.

Me: Sniper at Diest

Shooting at: doctori2 (he killed me after my gun wouldn't fire)

Ping: 68

No packet loss

Had no problems shooting at him prior to that moment, missed one shot while he was running.  Then he stopped, my aim went right on him, I pushed the mouse and nothing.  Pushed it again as I died and it fired, but the first shot would have killed him before he killed me

Edited by dwalin

• CORNERED RAT

Hello all,

An interesting issue and undoubtedly there IS something going on.

However I suspect the claims that it only happens when the target is in the "hit" position is potentially spurious and distracting from what ever the issue actually is.

Consider this. How often do you hit the fire button when a target isn't in the "hit" position. If you are like me then probably not all that often at all as it wastes ammunition and lets the enemy know where you are. We could be looking at the keyboard/UI system getting hung up on multiple keystrokes/inputs. Or as has been pointed out the key repetition may be set too high and is flooding the the relevant system to the point of incapacity.

Unfortunately what is needed is a methodology that can be reliably repeated and always (pretty well) causes the issue in question to occur.

I am not in any way shape or form suggesting there isn't something going on at all. I am suggesting is it may be unrelated to the target being in the "hit" position. This is defiantly a point where you will undoubtedly notice the misbehavior instantly. It may be happening quietly all the time but goes unnoticed until:

21 hours ago, dwalin said:

Had no problems shooting at him prior to that moment, missed one shot while he was running.  Then he stopped, my aim went right on him, I pushed the mouse and nothing.  Pushed it again as I died and it fired, but the first shot would have killed him before he killed me

There is also the possibility that what has been suggested is actually happening, so it should not be discounted either. It shouldn't be the "Main" or "Only" focus however.

Cheers.