Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

The bombs

binky

Oh thank you' date=' I'm new and haven't bombed much before.[/quote']

Dude, don't get me wrong, it is not easy to kill them but it could be done. If you are killing them, you have the skills and are doing great.

Please Keep it up, few things warm the cockles of my heart more that a battleground filled with the hulks of burning PZs.

I hope for your sake that was sarcasm at it's highest

No Sir, No sarcasm at all.

The DB7 caries 100KG bombs and in the game even with a direct hit on a Stug G and Tiger they can not kill them. IRL a 100kg bomb hitting either of those tanks would destory them and kill everyone inside. The RAT recognized this and that is why there changes were made to the bombs.

What I do not understand is why those same changes were not made to the bombs on the DB7.

And before you go all "OMG that will make the DB7 Uber" on me, understand that getting a direct hit on a PZ with a DB7 is very hard. Very few people can do it, but when they do, they should be rewarded with an accurate outcome.

I'd rather have some fiddies grafted to the DB7/Havoc for Tier 1 or Tier 2' date=' even if just one or two pair of 'em blister-mounted as a "field modification" alongside the glass nose... ;)[/quote']

What I would like to see is an upgrade to the A20G in Tier 2. 2850 of these were delivered starting in 1943.

It had the following upgrades:

More Armor

Self sealing Fuel Tanks

4 50cal MG in the nose

2 50cal MG Dorsal Turret

1 30cal Ventral

4 Outboard Wing Pylons (Allowed it to carry 12 4.5 inch Rockets)

BTW it still retained it's 2000 lbs bombload in the internal bomb bay.

Now THIS was one BAD A$$ Bomber!

RUMOR CONROL:

All bombs got 'adjusted' in that the way the game handles their impacts was changed.

If I understood what DOC was telling us when we were testing, the ballistics engine either wasn't taking the weight and speed of the bomb into account upon impact or wasn't doing it properly. Now it does. What this means is that when the bomb hits something, especially armor, its weight and its speed, as well as angle of impact, are factored into the damage it does.

HE was not adjust, AFAIK.

If you are seeing more hits and kills than before it is probably due to the fact that Visible Player Limit has been increased by about 50% for all settings.

BEFORE: (I think)

Low Vis: 32 Players Max Rendered, air preferred over ground if in air.

Med Vis: 64 Players Max Rendered, air preffered over ground if in air.

High Vis: 128 Players Max Rendered, air preffered over ground if in air.

NOW: (I think)

Low Vis: 48 players max

Med Vis: 96 Players max

High Vis: 192 Players max

which means you have a far better chance that your client sees and thus kills a bad guy than before.

RUMOR CONROL:

All bombs got 'adjusted' in that the way the game handles their impacts was changed.

If I understood what DOC was telling us when we were testing, the ballistics engine either wasn't taking the weight and speed of the bomb into account upon impact or wasn't doing it properly. Now it does. What this means is that when the bomb hits something, especially armor, its weight and its speed, as well as angle of impact, are factored into the damage it does.

If you are seeing more hits and kills than before it is probably due to the fact that Visible Player Limit has been increased by about 50% for all settings.

BEFORE: (I think)

Low Vis: 32 Players Max Rendered, air preferred over ground if in air.

Med Vis: 64 Players Max Rendered, air preffered over ground if in air.

High Vis: 128 Players Max Rendered, air preffered over ground if in air.

NOW: (I think)

Low Vis: 48 players max

Med Vis: 96 Players max

High Vis: 192 Players max

which means you have a far better chance that your client sees and thus kills a bad guy than before.

Thank you, also more players as a whole is probably the cause.

No adjustments for the Blen fighters grenades?

SMBS keep up the good work at ignoring the nr. 1 fighter bomber for the RAF.

• CORNERED RAT
No adjustments for the Blen fighters grenades?

SMBS keep up the good work at ignoring the nr. 1 fighter bomber for the RAF.

All my books say the RAF tried to get away from the blen as fast as possible.

It moved into a naval bombing role around 40/41 I believe and took devistating losses there and in africa.

All my books say the RAF tried to get away from the blen as fast as possible.

It moved into a naval bombing role around 40/41 I believe and took devistating losses there and in africa.

Propaganda spread by Kapitalist Amerikan pigdogs in an attempt to sell Havocs!

Until we get the Mosquito the Blen 1 is the premier fighterbomber.

What I would like to see is an upgrade to the A20G in Tier 2. 2850 of these were delivered starting in 1943.

It had the following upgrades:

More Armor

Self sealing Fuel Tanks

4 50cal MG in the nose

2 50cal MG Dorsal Turret

1 30cal Ventral

4 Outboard Wing Pylons (Allowed it to carry 12 4.5 inch Rockets)

BTW it still retained it's 2000 lbs bombload in the internal bomb bay.

Now THIS was one BAD A$$ Bomber!

Me too. How about something the like ones below for Tier 1? ;)

The Havoc II (based on the DB7A airframes diverted from the French order to the UK) had a 12 .303 nose.

The Boston III (DB7B/A20C) could carry a 4 20mm gun pack when flying in the Indruder role.

RUMOR CONROL:

QUOTE]

You mean for 9 years CRS staff had the bomb ballistics programmed incorrectly?

You mean for 9 years CRS staff had the bomb ballistics programmed incorrectly?
This surprises you? :) Good thing they fixed another bug :)

Hikarr, the Silly Swede

No not wrong, that's a silly perspective to hang onto if you want to enjoy the game. DIFFERENT in previous implementations to how they are now, would be more accurate.

No changes were made to how the bombs affect area damage, only how they affect their direct hit damage to armoured skinned vehicles.

I'm not seeing any bug reported here so I think we're good on this score.

IIRC' date=' all bombs were adjusted to better deal with direct hits including the Havocs and DB7s[/quote']

True.