Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

X-RAY vision

hawkeye

I have to ask, is there a bug or a cheat that allows some axis 88's and atg's to see through folage and bearms.

I know that they couldn't see through EVERYTHING in the old version, it's just this latest big patch and I'm getting mad.

Also had a stug who I could only see the top of with my commander, see me and kill me though a bearm from 50 feet away, actually 2 bearms. I could only see 2 to 3 inches of the very top of the stug buttoned up, he stops and shoots boom out go the lights.

Somethings not right here

its called the no tree bug and apperntly it has been reported as being frequent since 1.31..all you can do is a .report and avoid that area

On some folks comps, things arent rendering as they are supposed too, rats are as always trying to fix this issue. It pops up in different forms frequently, its usually down to drivers.

I noticed at billboard distance the other day when I aimed my rifle, a berm appeared and half the normal bush was suddenly behind that berm. I unaimed and the berm disappeared and the bush went back to billboard.

Who know if I had been farther away and if an EI was behinfd the berm whether I could have shot him or not, it seemed like a visual LOD thing.

I know the tall grass does not render at medium distances, easily within the kill range of these tanks and big guns. So if you were in a Tall Grass patch, you may have been just lying prone in the middle of a field to their point of view.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

I have to ask, is there a bug or a cheat that allows some axis 88's and atg's to see through folage and bearms.

I know that they couldn't see through EVERYTHING in the old version, it's just this latest big patch and I'm getting mad.

Also had a stug who I could only see the top of with my commander, see me and kill me though a bearm from 50 feet away, actually 2 bearms. I could only see 2 to 3 inches of the very top of the stug buttoned up, he stops and shoots boom out go the lights.

Somethings not right here

There's an issue that some old graphics cards/outdated drivers don't render the trees properly. No one has suggested that also applies to the berms, and in any case I don't think failing to draw them also means you can shoot through them. The collider test has nothing to do with the graphics card.

It used to be that because the position of the other units were only sent to you with so much precision, that you would see them in a slightly different position than they actually were in. This could mean that you saw them shoot the berm in front of them while they were actually shooting you, and could also have the effect that you saw them in a position where you couldn't hit them while they could hit you.

Supposedly the precision was increased in 1.31 so this should be less of an issue, but I've still noticed some cases when I was killed by hits that were quite a distance off as seen on my machine. I wonder if something's not working right there.

Is not rendering bushes only a far away thing, or is it close up?

I got frustrated yesterday because I crawled up on an bofors, and when I popped my head up over the berm he was looking at me and shooting but missed, so I got back down, crawled for about a minute around him below the berm, popped my head up and he was aiming at me again and fired but I managed to duck fast enough.

I thought maybe he was looking at where I would most likley pop up, so I doubled back, and popped my head up a third time, and wouldn't you know it... he was already looking at right where I popped up, but this time when he shot he got me.

Of course I'll never know if he was rendering bushes or not, but it was pretty damn fishy knowing exactly where I was going to pop my head up three times in a row.

Is not rendering bushes only a far away thing, or is it close up?

The bush problem talked about here is a total failure to draw trees and bushes, no relation to distance as far as I understand.

Edit: Also, about your bofors issue: I doubt it was a failure to render. If he didn't see you being behind the berm, why would he wait to shoot until you poked your head up? He should just have been firing away constantly thinking that you were in the open.

I bet he was just good at anticipating what you would do. Unless you crawled a long way behind the berm, it only takes a second to pick you up and fire.

Edited by lutorm

We put in a check in 1.31.2 that will use older shader routines if they new ones aren't found. basically if they have fubar drivers. This will also have the effect of making rendering very slow on machines with out of date (bad) drivers but not just old drivers.

What does that mean? I built this new computer just for the new version I don't have old drivers.

That stug was head to head with me and I was waiting for him to climb up that 1st berm, there was no way with his commander not deployed that he could see through the earth---much less shoot through it

What does that mean? I built this new computer just for the new version I don't have old drivers.

That stug was head to head with me and I was waiting for him to climb up that 1st berm, there was no way with his commander not deployed that he could see through the earth---much less shoot through it

what? it would have been the other guy with the outdated drivers supposedly.

and even then, there are too many unaddressed variables in your account to say whether or not its true, it is 'combat' with a whole bunch of people shooting each other...