Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Collision and Concussion Bugs

larkelf

You bump a wall and explode. Concussion event starts it won't stop. What's going on here? You had a great reliable game up until the last couple of patches. No telling what is going to happen next, lol. - It's Rafter's fault!

Please don't post stuff like this here, it just clutters up this forum which is supposed to be for reporting bugs. Every message here that CRS has to sort through that doesn't add useful information wastes valuable time. Once the bug is known and ticketed, it'll be fixed when they get to it.

The Wall bump and explode happen last night and may have had something to do with the stat mess. The concussion bug will happen any time and anywhere and with any unit. Obviously, starts with an enemy ordinance explosion. This feels like a Client-side loop (of concussion effect) that will start and sometimes actually stop for a short while and restart. As much as it feels like a client-side issue, could it be that a signal that the client didn't receive the concussion effect be registering back at the server or maybe misdirected? DOC what I guess I'm trying to say is the game ran beautifully until the last 2 patches where a string or line was maybe changed not allowing a termination or ignore state to be present where it should?

I would venture to say that the concussion bug is akin to the nonstop firebug...

I believe the firebug was fixed with 1.31 but the concussion bug was introduced. It appears to be some type of loop from the game server to client that makes it thinks this effect is occurring over and over again.

Highest chance of reproducibility is when there are many people on in the same area and then the concussion is initiated by some bomber and gets stuck in a loop.

I would venture to say that the concussion bug is akin to the nonstop firebug...

I believe the firebug was fixed with 1.31 but the concussion bug was introduced. It appears to be some type of loop from the game server to client that makes it thinks this effect is occurring over and over again.

Highest chance of reproducibility is when there are many people on in the same area and then the concussion is initiated by some bomber and gets stuck in a loop.

seems about right. High # of Bomb explosions or HE explosions seem to increase likelihood of experiencing the bug.

Very good point. Come to think of it. It has been happening in a highly occupied area and of course initiated by a blast or many blasts of some sort. I've also noticed that since June the Stats have not been sometimes recorded correctly after a spawn out. Correlation between stat issues reaching a critical point and concussion bug?

replication details

required

The only thing I notice on this bug is it only happens for me when AI AA is going off usually the airfield style.

Weather I'm next to the AI or its way off in the distance but still going off I get this bug, soon as what ever it shooting at dies I lose the bug effect as well. Thats why its so random IMO

Any way to turn AI AA off server side? to test this out a little more? yeah it will be a pain for the air guys getting vulched but I dont mind fighting vulchers if it gets rid of this dang bug.

I spawned into a quite quiet town to check cps. Did hear an explosion of some sort and then got the bug. But, there was very little fighting or people in the town. So, it may be worse with more people, but can occur with very few. The one common thing is, something explodes, then the bug starts.

I spawned into a quite quiet town to check cps. Did hear an explosion of some sort and then got the bug. But' date=' there was very little fighting or people in the town. So, it may be worse with more people, but can occur with very few. The one common thing is, something explodes, then the bug starts.[/quote']

Yes but where you at or near a town with AI aa going off on your last mission before you moved to quiet town X this includes flying near ai aa towns, although most problems have been on the ground as of late.

This only happened to me a while ago after 1.3.1 in the heavy traffic area.

Tried to run to different area's to try and stop it at first i didn't realize it was a bug.

Just thinking outside the square it felt to me like i was being inccorectly targeted.

i.e Shooter A, Target B, Target C.

Shooter A , shoots at Target B.

Normal - Target B is sent a "round landed near you message"

Bug - Target C is sent a "round landed near you message"

I experienced this when there was no large caliber fire i was aware of in my area.

Also because it "stopped" and started again it made me feel like this wasn't a 'loop' like the auto fire button.

Originally i thought it might be a displaced hit-box. but i ran a long way from my original location and was still getting it even in a quiet area of the battle.

Probably a waste of time with no real evidence but this is how it felt to me when experiencing the bug.

For me the concussion bug always starts with a weird sound, it sounds kinda like a strong wind blowing into a microphone, the sound will start off quiet and get louder, once at at certain volume the concussion effects kick in, sometimes the sound doesn't reach that level and just fades away again.

I've had the bug in various scenarios and with all different units, I cant put my finger on a certain thing that causes it.

replication details

required

Spawned into a UMS as a LMG at Bruhl. Within 10 sec of spawn in my screen was shaking and the heartbeat was going. But no flashing red screen.

concussion bug: i get it almost everyime I play when there are a lot of bombers attacking. In ab that was being bombed it was very bad. iIn depot away from bombing less so.

Much more common for me than before last two patches.

The only thing I notice on this bug is it only happens for me when AI AA is going off usually the airfield style.

Weather I'm next to the AI or its way off in the distance but still going off I get this bug, soon as what ever it shooting at dies I lose the bug effect as well. Thats why its so random IMO

Any way to turn AI AA off server side? to test this out a little more? yeah it will be a pain for the air guys getting vulched but I dont mind fighting vulchers if it gets rid of this dang bug.

Yep,AA guns give it the most I would say.Especially the AI.

I just had it driving to Hasselt in a Pzr IIC. Was non-stopped. I confirmed nothing was hitting me from units nearby. I ended up ending the mission to stop it.

replication details

required

Got the bug for the first time in Hasslet durining the large battle there.

For me it started with a noise anomaly that sounded like (really hard to discribe) a high pitched squeel when I spawned in, when I started to run, as the stamina bar went done to about 1/4, I got the concussion effects of shaking screen and noise. If I stopped once and rested it stopped but as soon as I started to run again it started again and got worse the more I ran until it was all the time.

Upon respawning it was gone totally. Also when I first logged in this day the map haddn't up dated properly in that it looked like it was at reset point. Reloaded and map was ok but got the bug.

I have noticed that when I get this noise anomaly first then I get the bug.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name .....-8A39F5704F

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model P5QL PRO

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2997 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0402, 6/18/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.5

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32