Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Bionic ears

thief

It is a bug right?

How long do we have to live with this ridiculous game killer? If I compare saarlac to bionic ears, I'd say bionic ears are 10 TIMES WORSE. And saarlac is gone now, how long till bionic ears get fixed?

Simple solution would be to turn off EVERY other sound except engine and guns when flying. Do it for and intermission PLEAAAAAAAASE and we'll see what happens.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thief

• acst

• lure

• petie

Top Posters In This Topic

• CORNERED RAT

i agree, why should u be able to hear anything besides guns and engines anyhow?

ppl have already reported how some ppl are getting these bionic ears too

Yeah the ultimate fix is to turn off all sounds not coming from your personal aircraft. If possible some kind of condition that if you're on the ground with engine off you should hear all other sounds... but if thats too complicated just turn all external sounds off all the time.

I'm pretty sure it's not something they just can turn on for a intermission without a client patch but I think this would be the ultimate fix. It would fix the bug forever and we would never have to worry about someone finding a hardware/driver combo that could trigger the bug again. There would probably be a performance increase connected with this fix also as the client would have to handle a lot less sounds.

The only thing I've really noticed as being problematic is maybe hearing footsteps while inside a tank, or I've been a rifleman in the field before and have heard the satchel placing noise from about 7-800m away.

Sorry for ugh a noob question but what is bionic ears?

It's a sound bug. You hear enemy units loud and clear even if they are far away. Also, some variants of this bug completely removes the engine sound from your own aircraft so you can fly around and hear engines of enemy aircrafts as clear as infantry on the ground can. It's impossible to sneak up on a pilot with this bug unless you turn your own engines off.

When I had this bug back at around 2005-2006 I could hear truck engines and tanks starting up their engines when I was flying around above a town. I could hear trucks driving around and locate them from air by audio...

Its a huge exploit that's been left in game for waaay too long.

It's a sound bug. You hear enemy units loud and clear even if they are far away. Also, some variants of this bug completely removes the engine sound from your own aircraft so you can fly around and hear engines of enemy aircrafts as clear as infantry on the ground can. It's impossible to sneak up on a pilot with this bug unless you turn your own engines off.

When I had this bug back at around 2005-2006 I could hear truck engines and tanks starting up their engines when I was flying around above a town. I could hear trucks driving around and locate them from air by audio...

Its a huge exploit that's been left in game for waaay too long.

Thanks for the reply, unbelievable thattheyleft anexploit such as this for such long time

This bug has been ingame for 5 years and effects well over half the player base when is this going to be fixed?

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but untill I had the external sound card (not the one on board) I have no experience with bionic ears. And I was alway frustrated that it looked like anybody else has it.

Since I use the sound card on motherboard, I can hear plane on some occassions up to 500m

Fix suggestion:

When in an airplane, mute all other external sounds, only sounds that are generated by the players own airplane would be heard.

Discuss.

I would like to see a temp. solution for it (killing all other sounds but own airplane sounds) untill it can be fixed the way it should fixed...

I would like to see a temp. solution for it (killing all other sounds but own airplane sounds) untill it can be fixed the way it should fixed...

This is a good idea!

Not so much as an answer from CDs' date=' seems the don't give a monkey's[/quote']

It's a patch week. Busier than a fart in a washtub.