Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.33 3PR Alpha Test - CLOSED

GOPHUR

The 1.33 Third Person Redo is ready for alpha testing. As the name implies, this alpha is still needing a lot of polish. There are missing blends and animations galore and performance is still to be improved. But it is at a point where we can see the end in sight so we want to start getting some results of trying this on various machines. The read me blow detai8ls the feedback we are looking for and you can post that feedback in this thread.

==================================

World War Two Online - Alpha Test

==================================

Version 1.33.0.1 (12-21-2010)

Initial third person redo internal testing. At this point we're mainly interested in finding missing blends and anything really broken. You may come across something you'd like tweaked, but we're not looking for that feedback yet. I'll mention a few notables below.

Models

- german, french, british troopers added

- paras and other types not in yet

- trooper classes have unique kit setups

- none of the models are LOD'ed yet

- no normal mapping yet

Animations Blends / States

- maybe 80% of the blends and animations are redone

- most of the core actions are working (primary weapons, stances)

- simplified yet improved tps states for future goodness

Note: A blend is the transition from one static pose or animation to another

Help We Need

As stated above, we need help finding any old or missing states. Here's how you can recognize

what we're looking for:

- a sudden pop to a whole new state (probably to a relaxed idle state or something)

- the trooper's body shrinks in the middle in height (looks squished)

- Jesus pose (like doing the jumping jacks..will be obvious)

- a state that looks out of place (I'm standing still, but I'm attacking with my knife)

- a missing state (I'm reloading, but nothing seems to happen)

Known Issues

- some blends are not redone but should be limited to lesser used actions

- idles aren't working yet but will be today

- ragdolls are fubar

- deployed lmg and atr's have blends but I don't think they are working right yet

- walking doesn't seem to be working in the current exe (hitting the walk key)

- emotes are disabled

- model personalizations are disabled (patches, faces, etc...)

- transitions need work (get up, get down, etc...mostly when you add movement into the mix)

- torso twisting needs some work

========

Downloads

========

PC Full Installer v1.33.0.1

http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol000013301.exe

Mac Installer Not Available

Edited by GOPHUR

Mostly stuff with the knife is messy.

When you take out knife while prone the animaition shows you stabbing with knife .. and if you attack with knife then you will stand up like you carry a gun without carrying a gun.

Sowhen you kill a clone some weird stuff gets created.

edit: when prone with atr the animation goes wrong too.

edit: no good firing animation while moving with axis lmg

edit: holding a lmg/atr while prone with 1 hand? doesn't look realistic.

edit: axis infantry guy looks like he has dubble d's.

Plus i still think most animations look like the infantry guy got a good an*l last night.

Edited by monsjoex

Couple other knife things I spotted

While prone with the knife avatar rotates 90 degrees to the right. Stand up or switch weapons and it goes back to where it should be. Spinning causes the avatar to point in the correct direction briefly before turning 90 degrees right again.

Knife - Standing

Right click/iron sights with a knife goes and attacking with the knife while moving forward both do the relaxed arms down state.

Binocs - Standing and Kneel and prone

Spinning while stationary causes the avatar to move rubberband back about a foot and enter idle state when the torso rotation threshold(I guess?) is crossed. Rotating while prone enters the idle state immediately.

I didnt do much, but: Crazy "octupus" legs when killed. Sound of running inf still present after being killed. Strange bobbing effect from 1st person view. The hat, ammo packs, etc on the inf during ragdoll just poof away. I'll come with more later. Thanks for your work CRS :D!!!

Hold hand/smoke grenade while prone, motion is to keep throwing

No external lean

Mortarmen don't go prone external, they look like they to Rifleman standing and it all gets a bit messy, but they do have a deployed status

Sapper turned black when placing satchel until charge exploded

I was just now spawned in as an ATR. I went to the prone position and then began to hit forward and run a bunch of times in rapid succession. I rose and layed down several times before the "run" and "forward" key combination would no longer cause my infantryman to stand up.

You can still hit the stance key and fix yourself; this is just something that I noticed in the few minutes I've tried the alpha.

I set a german LMG up in an AI tower. I deployed him while standingand the 2 supports did not come down from 3rd person. Plus his stance when deployed and laying is odd.

When you're moving, some of the sounds of footsteps when "walking" and when moving from different positions during sprint, etc. just check those out. Also when falling and watching 3rd person, the sound and grunt noise come early (maybe just when viewing 3rd person). Oh also when sprinting while in crounch mode it looks like its walking in fast forward lol. I cant wait till everything works well :D its gonna be awesome! CRS you've created the best game ever, yet you still are making it better! ;) Thanks!

Pleased you're all taking a look at this, we know there are many many issues but we released it as a sneak peak so it's very incomplete, that's why we called it an alpha not a beta. Most of the things you're bringing up haven't even been worked on yet, since this dev. cycle is rewriting tons of things that determine how infantry work, particularly WRT animations.

Pleased you're all taking a look at this' date=' we know there are many many issues but we released it as a sneak peak so it's very incomplete, that's why we called it an alpha not a beta. Most of the things you're bringing up haven't even been worked on yet, since this dev. cycle is rewriting tons of things that determine how infantry work, particularly WRT animations.[/quote']

Excited about Christmas DOC? Isn't it a little early! :-)

On another note, this looks like a great job in progress, keep up the good work !

Imho, you'll be more competitive to other games, for sure !

S!

Can we get confirmation that the position of 3rd to 1st will be worked on during this cycle, the infamous being inside a bush but actually sticking out issue plus a few issues that were brought about by the awesome (im not being sarcastic there) sticking inf to terrain.

I'm not sure if is what you're looking for but I found this anomaly while testing just now. I'm still trying to duplicate it.

ww22010-12-2620-18-32-87.jpg

Snooza and I found that when a player has a grenade equipped and goes to the "crouched" position, the 3rd person view is frozen as if they have just thrown a grenade.

ww22010-12-2621-07-06-20.jpg

No texture for me on ALL french helmet, it's goodd for others nations.

frenchInf.jpg

The left hand is not on the good position on the SMG

Win7 64

ATI 5770 Catalyst 10.7

Edited by SOLOJE

Helmet : It's ok today , I can't replicate helmet issue.

All grenader:

- don't have external animation when they place grenade launcher on the gun.

- Grenade is throwing behind the soldier.

- On standing position, soldier doesn't have animation when he moves his gun.

The news blurb said Control+X for external view.

Offline Tools

• Drop clones (space bar)
  • External View (Ctrl X)
  • External Camera (num pad)

I'm not sure if is what you're looking for but I found this anomaly while testing just now. I'm still trying to duplicate it.

ww22010-12-2620-18-32-87.jpg

This explains why I can never bounce ea properly. It's not a sound bug. :D

(just joshing!)

Thank you for helping with the test. I'll be going over the results this week and preparing for some closed beta followed soon by another open test.