Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.33.0.11 Sound issue

Greni

the new settings are much better than in 0.10.

Players have problems with the loudness :

+ planes are a little bit to loud,

+ weapon sounds are to loud (sometimes did you think the EI is near by but stays in 200m in front of you) and its diffycult to hear from where the sound is comming

The sounds always been good for me,though i know from experience this game can sound very different dependent on which sound card and driver version you use.

The engine sounds of A/C were so loud i nearly logged out as soon i spawned :)

To put it into perspective, i spawned in & heard a JU52 which i know on the live server i could of accurately pinpointed to be no more than 100-150m away, taxiing on the ground to my NW. I went to look for it but couldn't see it. As i looked i saw halo appear about 1200m away & probably just under 1000m altitude which turned out to be Doc & the the ju52 i was looking for. very confusing & a bit weird, it sounded like it was so close yet it hadn't even appeared on my screen.

Infantry weapons were also very loud. EI that on the live server i could of quite accurately pinpointed to be around 50-75m away turned out to be EI firing in town which was about 300-400m away from my position.

It was disorientating & being able to accurately pinpoint EI was a thing of the past.

The sound (A/C engines/Inf weapons) seem to change very little in volume as distance increased or decreased in comparison to the current sounds on the live server.

Using the sound set up i have & playing on the live sever atm, i can identify what direction a sound comes from to within a few degrees & quite accurately determine the range out to about 1000-1200m.

I would say this game has one of the most realistic & most accurate 3d sound systems i have come across in 15 years of gaming but that's only true when using my very old Audigy s/c with the original driver.

If i even update the driver for the Audigy card the sound is horrendous, with no possibility of figuring out direction or distance of audio.

Over the years I have tried around 5-6 different s/c solutions with this game, from various on-board s/c to an X-Fi gamer & 3 different sets of usb headphones, none of which could come close to matching the accuracy of the Audigy card & a set of stereo headphones.

Creative SB Audigy

Driver date 11/04/2003

Driver Version 5.12.1.383