Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Packet Loss?

narg

Got kicked a few times from the game (still logged in but despawned) for packet loss. What is this issue, and any eta on fixing it?

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Same issue here. I have a "Cell Host (20033). Connection timed out due to packet loss...." message but I'm still ingame.

And now 2 "Map Host (40110) Session rejected by host".

But server has been acting weirdly for everyone for a couple of mins atm...

Yup getting a lot of cell host errors, 20033 pain in the ass, decided not to bother playing for a while until its fixed, doesnt seem any point if you can only spwan for a couple of minutes then just kinda despawn !!

Dont see the point of logging in till its fixed, auto despawning after few mins flight, just to rinse repeat and not able to get into a fight

It's still here, i've been unable to stay spawned for more than 45 seconds 1 minute. Also after being despawned with 20033 cell host error when i try to respawn i get cell host 126 and it stays that way until i log out, and if i dont log out after a while i get cellhost 40000 something, that says i got chat dislogged and something about my account being used elsewhere or something, (which is impossible) and that ends in CTD. Happens a lot to other people too from what i gather from side chat, it's a really bad and frustrating issue.

This issue needs to be bumped to the top. I am getting frustrated with this issue myself. I was thinking of getting my son an account but now I am leaning to just canceling sub.

Same here. I was running the new version with no trouble at all, (even this morning,) and now I can't stay in for more than a minute.

What a pain.

I was here for the beta version back in 1999, and plan to stick around. I guess I'll just bide my time until the servers are tweaked appropriately?

What causes packet loss? Is it from cheating software?

I remember a few other CTD issues that were the result of huge packet losses in certain areas, and once the holes were plugged, it ran ok.

Could be the host. Could be that your vis limit is set to high and saturating your network. Packet loss means your connection to the host is not good enough.

Could also be the host.

Thanks.

I'm downloading the 176.something-Mb patch, fingers crossed.

I set all my preferences to best performance, clutter and all are minimal.

I'll take FPS over eye candy any day lol.

Meh. All network so yeah but probably not.

Okay. Well, a few folks over in mac support forum are having trouble. I was able to log in last night no probs, so its not happening to all. Can you go check that out please?

Getting the same error here. Cell Host (20033) in game despawn. Followed by Cell Host (126) at which point I cannot spawn in at all. Solution so far has been to close the game and re-start. At which point, the error process repeats. I get about 60 secs in game. Game setting at "Best Performance" preferences.

Thanks.

Still getting it after this latest patch. I dont know what to do at this point. Maybe roll the game back to run-able again. Or????

Played for a while now, 2 ctd on spawn and a 20033 cell host 1 min ago, at least it's not every 30 seconds like it was before ( maybe because of extremely low pop right now ). But it's still here.

played as infantry, since the last patch (the third), seem's stable, and almost perfect, But once i spawn a tank, i've got the 20033 (2 time in less than 30 minute) game set in Best performance.

Oliver says that you need to decrease your visible player limit with the recent increases. Please try that and see if ti helps.