Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

keymapper ctd

lejack

I'm not getting it. Give me a OS version and a step by step.

Windows 7

1. Switch to Keymapper (can either be spawned or despawned)

2. Click anything you want to change

3. CTD

I get CTD without even hitting save button.

I switch to keymapper and then boom crash.

if i was you... take some time out of your day to go through the whole key mapper config keys on what your wanting them to do for you in game and then after this is done,

then make a back up copy of your cfml folder tuck it away somewhere where you can find it easy and then for what ever reason when you need to key map your whole thing all over again all you got to do is copy and paste the whole cfml folder back into your main battle ground europe folder in Libraries\Documents\Battleground Europe,

at the end of the day buddy i went through the same ctding and the same pain yesterday that is i am sure me and you are not the only ones

that are just as annoyed, if you can't solve a problem right away you have to find a work around answer to solve it another way

if i was you... take some time out of your day to go through the whole key mapper config keys on what your wanting them to do for you in game and then after this is done,

then make a back up copy of your cfml folder tuck it away somewhere where you can find it easy and then for what ever reason when you need to key map your whole thing all over again all you got to do is copy and paste the whole cfml folder back into your main battle ground europe folder in Libraries\Documents\Battleground Europe,

at the end of the day buddy i went through the same ctding and the same pain yesterday that is i am sure me and you are not the only ones

that are just as annoyed, if you can't solve a problem right away you have to find a work around answer to solve it another way

Or I can expect a basic function of the game to work because I paid 500 up front for an account

Or I can expect a basic function of the game to work because I paid 500 up front for an account
if the game has not worked good enough for the last 11 years with problems such as this can you honestly expect that its going to get fixed at the snap of a finger when ever you want it to?

there be a reason why rats say soon all the time it is what it is all we can do just like the rats is hope with each update that things iron its self out...

if the game has not worked good enough for the last 11 years with problems such as this can you honestly expect that its going to get fixed at the snap of a finger when ever you want it to?

there be a reason why rats say soon all the time it is what it is all we can do just like the rats is hope with each update that things iron its self out...

Without fixing this bug, Rats shouldnt even think about launching theire Marketingevent and F2P, because EVERY new player will fall flat over that issue.

Edit: Couldnt repeat that bug in 1.35.05, so hopefully its allready fixed...

Edited by oidin

Without fixing this bug, Rats shouldn't even think about launching there Marketing event and F2P, because EVERY new player will fall flat over that issue.

Edit: Couldnt repeat that bug in 1.35.05, so hopefully its already fixed...

i won't lie to you i am no fan of crs, but also at the same time i under stand they doing the best they can, as for them marketing the game, where as it has not scored huge it has scored huge enough for them to stay around for 11 years which is more then what i can say for some other games out there that had to close there product down

we the player base moves a lot more faster then they can, there is no way they can keep up, they can barely keep up, if they seen some bugs that was hard to do and had they went with your idea they would not be here atm at some point a bug will get fixed there is some that can never get fixed but it is what it is.

i won't lie to you i am no fan of crs, but also at the same time i under stand they doing the best they can, as for them marketing the game, where as it has not scored huge it has scored huge enough for them to stay around for 11 years which is more then what i can say for some other games out there that had to close there product down

we the player base moves a lot more faster then they can, there is no way they can keep up, they can barely keep up, if they seen some bugs that was hard to do and had they went with your idea they would not be here atm at some point a bug will get fixed there is some that can never get fixed but it is what it is.

For sure, there is no game without bugs, but if a bug is gamebreaking, and a bugged keymapper is gamebreaking for new players invited by a marketingcampaign, than that have to be fixed before launching.

Sadly, all "marketingevents" like WBS....whatever... in the past, were launched when game was bugged like hell mostly short after a new patch.

For sure, there is no game without bugs, but if a bug is gamebreaking, and a bugged keymapper is gamebreaking for new players invited by a marketingcampaign, than that have to be fixed before launching.

Sadly, all "marketingevents" like WBS....whatever... in the past, were launched when game was bugged like hell mostly short after a new patch.

oh i don't doubt what your saying that it is frustrating the new players and vet players what i mean by some bugs can never get fixed i mean that the bug is so hard in design it may be near impossible to solve,

and everyone hopes for the best everyone hopes that things will run smooth after a patch or an expansion release fact of the matter is not everything goes according to plan all the time...

=====

a bugged keymapper is gamebreaking for new players

=====

This, to me, it is completely inexcusable for an application to crash when simply changing preferences. Should have been fixed within days after it was discovered.

Something that previously worked, is an essential function of the game to work, should not be broken, especially after 11 years.

ok i say this much then, maybe you all not aware that the rats are aware of this problem and i am sure they are working on it but they look to be very busy now and days there is only so much they can do at one time i mean how would you like to be rushed?

i mean complaining about it unless you know anything about game software programing and if you do willing to offer your services for free?

is not going to get this done any faster if you can't be bothered to try the ideas i mentioned above then its your best bet to take a break from the game for a while until the problem gets fixed,

and as for your 500 usd donation narg you do under stand that everyone at the end of the day pay's for this game no matter how much the amount is so for you to think you have any certain influence pull maybe apart from the other bonus you can get from the rats i sure this bonus is not included

I'm now on Windows 7. Still keymapper crashes and reverts to joystick.

This is simply SAD that a key feature -- being able to drive things... cannot be done. I'm over this. How is this not at the top of priorities?

Windows 7

While ingame bring up keymapper

Choose Stuka

change something

save it

hello desktop

Same here, really annoying ;(

Except I'm changing the He111 :P

• Free Play Account

The suppossed fix is

Go to HE111>change keymapper>dont save>click a generic unit(all planes)>then save

• 1 month later...

OK soo win 7 ultimate 64bit, radeon hd5870..

keymapper ctds:

1.load game

2. change something on 251c

3. save changes --> boom desktop

same for load, bring up keymapper, click thru various trucks --> desktop

moved global.calib away, still ctd

Basicly as it is most anything that smells like keymapper causes ctd..

Now it did occur to me that since cfml was moved under documents folder it is marked read-only. Mind you it is the folder only and the .cfml files themselves are not. Read-only is set in win7 because of 'customization' and should have no effect on read/write behaviour on files.

But still..

Mostly an annoyance since i've pretty much got my keys sorted for everything way back, but as mentioned earlier for new players this IS quite bad.

Happens to me to. And either I tend to think it´s fixed now somehow. It started suddenly. Or I forget the issue and it´s always in the worse imaginable situation.

Well why dont I keymap properly first? The keymapper has never ever been functioning perfect. I set a new "deploy" key and it workrd perfect on around 50% of the guns - the others I couldnt use. Tow button worked sometimes.

Latest issue came with installation of teamspeak 3 - rather it coinsided in time. When I use TS and press keys as usual i hear a very silent beep. Then I was bailing out of STUKA, pressed esc and the whole keyboard seemed disconnected. Tried a number of times with same result my only fix when it happens is shutting down an start again. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN TS IS OFF.

• 2 weeks later...