Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[CONFIRMED] Springfield Sway/Smoke Issue [464]

zgunner12

I just wanted to report 2 problems I encountered while playing today.

First off is the Springfield rifle. When aiming, the sway becomes out of control. The center of the iron sights doesn't remain visible while the gun sways(like all the other rifles). The center of the sight constantly sways out of view which doesn't allow me to aim the weapon.

The other issue, which isn't a huge deal, is I noticed sometimes smoke doesn't appear when looking through windows with glass on them. In one of the pictures you can see the smoke, in the next I moved my view just a tiny bit to the left and the smoke disappears.

I am including pictures of the issues with this post.

SShot2.jpg

SShot3.jpg

SShot4.jpg

SShot5.jpg

Thanks for the reports.

Im going to try and replicate I may call on you to give some more detail if that is alright?

• 10 months later...

I just wanted to report this issue is still effecting the Springfield. The Lee-Enfield and MAS and 98k are all fine in terms of this because of their iron sight models. The error is more with the sights more than the sway. The other bolt-actions do not suffer from this issue as their iron sights models do not get in the way of the post at the end of the rifle. It can be infuriating to be lining up a shot on a distant enemy to have the post sway out of view to where you are essentially blinded by the rear ring of the sight. The ring on the MAS and Lee-Enfield never gets in the way of the post as you can see by the GIFs I have attached, but with the Springfield it happens constantly. 

nqXnqCH.gif

cXm9pZH.gif

DfVxT3E.gif

iOubSgv.gif

2vKJ7O8.gif

The best solution at the moment would seem to be quickly remodeling the sights of the Springfield. Get rid of the sight with the rear ring and use a U-notch style sight similar to the 98k. 

So these:

springfield-1903-rock-island-pov2.jpg

Instead of these:

e68-5.jpg