Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

New Advanced Keymapper Guide

Merlin51

Thanks Merlin.  You might want to check the images.  Three of the screenshots seem to have large white regions around them and probably should be cropped.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:45 AM, ottomatic1 said:

Thanks Merlin.  You might want to check the images.  Three of the screenshots seem to have large white regions around them and probably should be cropped.

I tried and tried to fix those, if you can be my guest

I edited in wiki to display them at  widthxheightpx and they dont change for some reason.
I set them to display their exact and proper size :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 6:26 PM, merlin51 said:

I tried and tried to fix those, if you can be my guest

I edited in wiki to display them at  widthxheightpx and they dont change for some reason.
I set them to display their exact and proper size :(

I saved the image to my desktop, opened it in Paint, selected the bottom-right handle, resized the frame to match the screenshot, then saved and closed it.  Seemed to fix the problem.

You can fix it in HTML/CSS by doing fancy stuff with relative positioning, no-overflow and/or clipping... but that's just dealing with symptoms... the problem is with the actual image files, so they just need to be re-edited to fix the problem at the source.

I would have posted the fixed images here, but I can't work out how to attach an image without creating a third-party hosting account somewhere, and I don't have priviliges to edit the wiki.

Edited by ottomatic1

confused, what is happening to the image files after wiki upload?
This below, is not how the image was uploaded, it is not what the originals look like.

Keymapper_basic_detail.jpg

Mine look like this

JByPiWg.jpg
cFbfd0P.jpg

Edited by merlin51

I just reuploaded images, redited wiki entry
No matter what it still does that to these 2 pics.

UGH!

On https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/File:Keymapper_basic_detail.jpg (for example) the 10:44, 11:00 and 11:12 versions seem to have the right size, but are blurry -- like they have been scaled.  The 11:40 version has clear text, but a white background, like the canvas of the image (not the image itself) has been enlarged.

Have you checked the software that you use to upload the images for any settings that could be doing this?

I notice that on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MsUpload it documents the following:

Extension features[edit]
Below are the special extension features that you can set in your LocalSettings.php:

$wgMSU_imgParams = '400px'; // The default size for  images inserted on the edit page

Maybe MsUpload is changing your images as you upload them?

1 hour ago, jetmo said:

I do not see errors in any photos. Seems fine to me on my end :) GJ

Hmmm... on Windows 8.1:

The problem is visible in Chrome 59.0.3071.115

The problem is not visible in Chrome 60.0.3112.90

The problem is not visible in Firefox 54.0.1

Edited by ottomatic1

12 hours ago, ottomatic1 said:

Hmmm... on Windows 8.1:

The problem is visible in Chrome 59.0.3071.115

The problem is not visible in Chrome 60.0.3112.90

The problem is not visible in Firefox 54.0.1

found the issue, browser cache
SHIFT F5 to reload page and ignore cache
Now i can see my corrections

• 3 weeks later...

The premapped mouse and keyboard setups for vehicles doesn't work with the release candidate for Steam. Neither is it possible to remap according with to wiki as above. I sent in two .bug reports on this during the weekend.

IIRC was it Bloo of fixed this some 10 years ago. I'm glad he still in the house. I hope he can do a quick fix for this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2017 at 6:00 PM, Sparre said:

The premapped mouse and keyboard setups for vehicles doesn't work with the release candidate for Steam. Neither is it possible to remap according with to wiki as above. I sent in two .bug reports on this during the weekend.

IIRC was it Bloo of fixed this some 10 years ago. I'm glad he still in the house. I hope he can do a quick fix for this.

Can you better define the issue?
Does the keymapper not work at all? or what is happening?

Reason i ask is i can not replicate in my client as of last week end but i have existing keymaps already.

If lack of CFML files is the issue, i can get some up that they can put in the cfml folder and modify to their hearts content?

@Sparre
Can you drop these in and see if you can remap?

http://sgtspoon.blogs.com/sgtspoonskeymaps.zip

just toss one of each type in the cfml folder and try.

Edited by merlin51