Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

SPAA's incoming! (FIRST LOOK)

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMChristmas is coming, and we want to show you the self-propelled anti-aircraft vehicles inbound to WWII Online! A quick video (within the article) will show you instantly that these weapon platforms are going to have a BIG impact on the game for Pilots and AA gunners. One thing is for sure, we can't wait to see you guys go nuts with these things in-game. This will mark the first truly new vehicle that CRS 2.0 has added to the game and internally we couldn't be more ecstatic about expanding our development capabilities. So buckle up, it's Friday update time!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=XUZtDcY720k:TXm4xjP6tkQ:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=XUZtDcY720k:TXm4xjP6tkQ:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=XUZtDcY720k:TXm4xjP6tkQ:F7zBnMyn0Lo
XUZtDcY720k

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

I still can't figure out why they didn't put the armored box around the gun/mount. I assume they're trying to replicated the Crusader AA Mk1? I know it was occasionally fielded without the open-topped turret, but in those cases it had a splinter-shield instead. And it really needs one or the other.

220px-IWM-H-28356-Crusader-AA-19430325.jpg

The current model's a lot better than the one used in the kickstarter, but the gun & mount still look badly out of proportion to the hull (too large). They might not be, but the look like they are. And the overall impression is of a Frankenstein-like model. Putting the open-topped turret around the gun solves so many problems. I guess that might imbalance things a little, as the Sdkfz 7 doesn't have any kind of armor, but so what?

The game aspect of this is awesome, and really look forward to the introduction of the new vehicles.

I agree with the above posts.  The German version need shields on the bofor, and the British  version needs the box.  Visually it would be much better looking and functional, especially when the new HE comes out.  These will be sitting ducks.

s_40ItKBofors_3.jpg

1024px-QF_40mm_Mk1_CFB_Borden_1.jpg

• CORNERED RAT
8 hours ago, fallsjager said:

French left out once again and nothing for the US.

they will both have sp AAA

9 hours ago, fallsjager said:

French left out once again and nothing for the US.

49 minutes ago, B2K said:

they will both have sp AAA

I think he means no French or US SPAA models. They'll both be using the UK model, right?

This is going to be a great addition to the game.    I would also like to see the gun shields... though I think I understand why they are not there.  Might have something to do with the fact that the HT can have its driver killed.. IE its the gun that is important and both gunner crew face being killed. Not too worried about that.  However having the shield on HT and the box on the Cru2 means your gunners stay alive longer.  I think that is a better solution as SPAA is only as good as the gun stays alive.

On that topic - for the love of the game, is it even possible to either give the HT SPAA some camo or paint it the same color as the 88?  Call it a field mod or something cause I can tell you the HT is not THAT hard to spot from the air.  It would also be nice to have them have the option to PPO so it can set like the current bunker PPO, but make it three sided, no roof and without the dragons teeth so it can pull up into it. 

All said and done, having SPAA is much better than not having SPAA as it can be improved with time.  I look forward to them.

How will you deal with AF camping once these are introduced? Its already bad enough with 232s driving from a several towns away. How to deal with an AA gun that can pick up and move between each kill and never have to get within ews range of the AF to pick people off that are lifting?

the spaa’s are much easier to kill than 232’s since the gunner and commander are not protected. both ai atg and ai mg will shoot at the spaa so now they have to avoid both ai types. sure they will be annoying but should be fairly easy to deal with 

On 12/13/2017 at 9:03 AM, SCKING said:

the spaa’s are much easier to kill than 232’s since the gunner and commander are not protected. both ai atg and ai mg will shoot at the spaa so now they have to avoid both ai types. sure they will be annoying but should be fairly easy to deal with 

If they are that easy to kill, then the re should be at least 50 units in the spawn list starting tier 0.  :)  :)

On 12/13/2017 at 8:17 AM, ghostrider said:

How will you deal with AF camping once these are introduced? Its already bad enough with 232s driving from a several towns away. How to deal with an AA gun that can pick up and move between each kill and never have to get within ews range of the AF to pick people off that are lifting?

Simple, same way we do it now, when you tow an AA gun(s) out to an AF 
We shall go out and hunt you, AF's have paratroops if nothing else.
You keep firing that AA, you are going to get company following the tracers.

You move the AA you are going to have company following the audio.

Like any other solo unit in the game, someone is going to come and find you and end you.
Some people will continue to feed you in the meantime but that's really their fault more than anything else.

• Like 1

My understanding:

When design choices are made for new game units, those units' exposure to death is designed to be proportional to their expected lethality.

A unit that is expected to have significantly increased lethality over a prior-designed unit, will in some manner be exposed to death to a greater extent than could otherwise be the case.

These two units add the lethality-advantages of mobility to the proven lethality of the Bofors/FlaK 28. So, no gun shields. More expected lethality, but significant exposure to death.

They will be used as über/super FMS camping guns. And will destroy the FMS eventually firing all their ammo non stop.

Good or bad, I have no opinion.