Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

boston?

n8r

i saw this happen when guarding another FB and it was a DB7 that pretty much do it with 1 bomb.

25 minutes ago, Rws said:

i saw this happen when guarding another FB and it was a DB7 that pretty much do it with 1 bomb.

Are you sure that the one bomb was not actually a jettison of 8 bombs, When you jettison all 8 the explosion and burn mark looks like one single bomb drop.

I am not sure how much damage 8 bombs can do, I have brought VEH spawns down with two bomb loads, so I am guessing that it requires at least 10 direct hits.

• Like 1

• Registered Users

SC250 - 25% [25.09] (4 x bombs)

F100 - 10% [10.63] (10 x bombs)

MC250 - 10% [10.81] (10 x bombs)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milo said:

Are you sure that the one bomb was not actually a jettison of 8 bombs, When you jettison all 8 the explosion and burn mark looks like one single bomb drop.

I am not sure how much damage 8 bombs can do, I have brought VEH spawns down with two bomb loads, so I am guessing that it requires at least 10 direct hits.

The boston dropped 1 bomb, from my perspective, and the FB went down; Also one of my squadmates saw this happen aswell; 

3 minutes ago, n8r said:

The boston dropped 1 bomb, from my perspective, and the FB went down; Also one of my squadmates saw this happen aswell; 

I think milo's theory holds water.. All 8 bombs would be 86.48% damage so if they jettisoned, then its plausible that's what happened. I am unsure what a jettisoned bomb load out looks like in third person but will look into it.

@SCKING

@OLDZEKE

I was online with N8 when this happened, so was Googs.  Its all true.

To clarify though ... the Boston did (0 pct VEH damage) to (86 pct VEH damage) in ONE PASSOVER.  We can not confirm it was just 1 bomb, but it was 1 drop.  Seems overpowered to me.  

If it is true that this might have happened by the jetiison of a full bomb load in one passover,  then maybe CRS should adjust the damage done this way (more scatter of bomb load or something)?  

Pilots didn’t jettison bomb loads to hit targets in real life, did they?  

Who knows - pilots might also be doing this to BRIDGE damage, FMS damage and RDP damage too?

CRS should look into this.

cheers!

Krazydog

Edited by krazydog

25 minutes ago, krazydog said:

@SCKING

I was online with N8 when this happened, so was Googs.  Its all true.

To clarify though ... the Boston did (0 pct VEH damage) to (86 pct VEH damage) in ONE PASSOVER.  We can not confirm it was just 1 bomb, but it was 1 drop.  Seems overpowered to me.  

If it is true that this might have happened by the jetiison of a full bomb load in one passover,  then maybe CRS should adjust the damage done this way (more scatter of bomb load or something)?  

Pilots didn’t jettison bomb loads to hit targets in real life, did they?  

Who knows - pilots might also be doing this to BRIDGE and FMS damage too.

CRS should look into this.

cheers!

Krazydog

I don't doubt that it happened. And its my understanding that jettisoned bombs do explode in game and cause damage. I would have to involve @HATCH on the other questions as I am not sure how it worked historically. In my mind I would think if the bombs were jettisoned that they wouldn't be armed but I have no historical data to back that up and I am unsure how it would programmed in either. 

• Registered Users

if he jettisoned then it was a full 8 bomb payload and he was empty after

• Registered Users

1 db7 or boston can't take a veh from 100 to 0. 1 HE111 can take out 2 veh spawns if the pilot is practiced enough

Just now, SCKING said:

I don't doubt that it happened. And its my understanding that jettisoned bombs do explode in game and cause damage. I would have to involve @HATCH on the other questions as I am not sure how it worked historically. In my mind I would think if the bombs were jettisoned that they wouldn't be armed but I have no historical data to back that up and I am unsure how it would programmed in either. 

Thanks mate!  Look into it because this may not only be affecting VEH damage, it might be impacting the defense of FMS, Bridges  and RDP too.

cheers!

1 minute ago, OLDZEKE said:

1 db7 or boston can't take a veh from 100 to 0. 1 HE111 can take out 2 veh spawns if the pilot is practiced enough

Did you read my whole post?

The point  is that there are bombers dropping their full bomb loads with 100 pct accuracy probably due to a gamey jettison of bombs tactic.

Its not about comparing a DB7 to a JU-88 or something.  If this is happening, then all the bombers should be looked at - its not an allied vs axis issue.

cheers!

• Registered Users

yea if the jettison they do 8 bombs worth if they hit. With a fb veh spawn that means hit the tent. FMS has to hit the fms object, factory has to hit the walls or inside the walls..

If they miss with jettison then they blew all 8 chances in one go.

1 minute ago, OLDZEKE said:

yea if the jettison they do 8 bombs worth if they hit. With a fb veh spawn that means hit the tent. FMS has to hit the fms object, factory has to hit the walls or inside the walls..

If they miss with jettison then they blew all 8 chances in one go.

Were bombs armed when pilots jettison their full bomb loads?

With larger bombers, even if they were armed, didn’t they roll off a rack and drop out in a line causing a lane of damage (as opposed to a point of damage)?

I guess what I am getting at is the jettison of full bomb loads being modeled accurately in game?

• Registered Users

Dingos ate meh baby....well the forums ate my reply.

Jettison has been a thing for a very long time. It's been discussed, decried, defended on these forums a ton.

It is not in my area of decision within CRS. 

• Registered Users

I just did a forum search for jettison, I found posts back to December 2005 and didn't check every page.

• Registered Users

Matts at the colo this evening so it may be awhile before he sees this thread

Bomb rendering is unreliable in this game. I've seen many bombs dropped by a wing-man who reports a hit while I see nothing. 

So, I think milo's theory is the most likely explanation.  

• Registered Users
20 hours ago, knapp said:

Bomb rendering is unreliable in this game. I've seen many bombs dropped by a wing-man who reports a hit while I see nothing. 

So, I think milo's theory is the most likely explanation.  

That is about to change. :)