Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Basically there needs to be an adjustment in Grey Circle.

angriff

This 38 is definitely in range for a headshot kill. Several pings and hits at this range with a 50cal definitly makes you slow down. This 38 was trying to make me adjust my movement from grey circle.

Seems a 38 should go red circle at this distance. It is an direct threat and you still cannot identify it. Time to put in the basics visuals here.

Red Circle 38s at 3000+ yards and grey circle at 9000 if you are going to give them this advantage.

grey.jpg

.50s are teh debil.

Ya and if that 38s was trying to disengage my shots would blow up harmlessly 800 yards from me.

The circle's are based on the ability to identify the unknown aircraft, not whether or not it can kill you. That said, they're also supposed to make up for the lack of detail apparent when looking at a model of the plane on your monitor as opposed to real life. But I can easily ident the larger aircraft like, the 110 and 38 well before they turn Red/Blue.

Weird. There's no aircraft rendered in that circle. I foresee coder pwnage at the office today. Bugger.

PS: P-38s were considered to have an effective range (effective range is INSIDE maximum range) of 600 yards in tail pursuit (air to air combat) ... and the good shooters were known to pull off 400+ yard deflection shots as far off as 45 degrees, which at the time (WWII) was considered ridiculous, but never-the-less ... they did it.

As I stated in the previous thread. Lag. I don't know about WWIIOnline with faster connections and all, but the lag should be safely able to cause a 100m apparent difference.

Edit: The no a/c in the circle looks like a much more serious bug..

The circle's are based on the ability to identify the unknown aircraft' date=' not whether or not it can kill you. That said, they're also supposed to make up for the lack of detail apparent when looking at a model of the plane on your monitor as opposed to real life. But I can easily ident the larger aircraft like, the 110 and 38 well before they turn Red/Blue.[/quote']

Likewise. Grey circles let me notice them better, but I usually identify them by eye rather than chase them until the colour turns - even 109s I find distinct enough to identify from RAF planes in grey-circle range.

No no touch up. Though you were really long away. I think you would almost go no circle. You probably had me grey circle too. Max visual settings too. 9800GTX

It is pretty much max range for the icon. You were putting some shots over my wings and about 2 or 3 hit sounds..

I am not sure this is a bug.. I see this all the time from 38s and H-87s. At least I am used to it. I just think you should still be red circle earlier.

Here is the one just as you fired. You had just let loose about six or seven more of these with hits.. I am sure slowed me down. You can see the plane in this one. I bet the other was just a frame change not a bug cause you are just a pixel.

grey1.jpg

This photo gives you perspective of just how far away that 38 is when it shoots.

Do you have anti aliasing turned on on your video card? Could be that since the antialising sees the plane in the middle of all the blue and when it tries to soften the pixels some may be lost... just a wild guess

^^ That would be my first question. This thread is really a feature request for changing circle draw distance yes?

Also the plane could be lost in converting the bit map for the forum post.

Ang, did you feel that this plane was invisible?

^^ That would be my first question. This thread is really a feature request for changing circle draw distance yes?

Also the plane could be lost in converting the bit map for the forum post.

Ang, did you feel that this plane was invisible?

Ya really sort of a request as best as I can do that..;) It is the same in the BMP file.

I was watching these guys along way out.. I could see the ones goine West.. and knew where this one was since I saw him when he was red circle and was trying to disengage.

No I do not have antialiasing on. I usually can see the pixels of plane at greater than grey circle if I am looking in the direction long enough. I think this was just a quick look to get the picture as I was looking back often to determine if I was distancing. There is a delay in a view and it rendering. I just chock it up to the visual acuity delay you guys put in along time ago when I was navy only. You have to be looking in a direction for awhile before it draws things. You can take that out if you want too. :)

I put this here not for the "render circle colored" request (we aren't changing it at this time) but because the screenshot illustrated the "invisible plane bug" that was reported. Having been unable to replicate that in 2 hours of trying, I have to now ask that we either get more detail (like if you get killed by one, what was it in your AAR ?) or we must wait for something to help us with locating any source of a problem. We can't just ask the magic 8 ball which of the 17 thousand files is the culprit. :D

I put this here not for the "render circle colored" request (we aren't changing it at this time) but because the screenshot illustrated the "invisible plane bug" that was reported. Having been unable to replicate that in 2 hours of trying' date=' I have to now ask that we either get more detail (like if you get killed by one, what was it in your AAR ?) or we must wait for something to help us with locating any source of a problem. We can't just ask the magic 8 ball which of the 17 thousand files is the culprit. :D[/quote']

Gateway FX gaming laptop - Vista 64

Sometimes when I put the sniper scope up and then down - the remaining HT only shows like the bottom part of a seat and 1 door panel.

it may not be totally invisible ALL the time, but bugged after zooming in and out on the view.

See if that works DOC.

S!

Joker007

Allied Chief of Staff

Weird. There's no aircraft rendered in that circle. I foresee coder pwnage at the office today. Bugger.

PS: P-38s were considered to have an effective range (effective range is INSIDE maximum range) of 600 yards in tail pursuit (air to air combat) ... and the good shooters were known to pull off 400+ yard deflection shots as far off as 45 degrees, which at the time (WWII) was considered ridiculous, but never-the-less ... they did it.

That's why the P-38 is one of the sexiest planes ever devised by the US