Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Audio Update: Preparing for 2017

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMWe hope you all had a great holiday and are prepared for a BIG YEAR here at WWII Online! I've prepared an audio update for you today, that reflects some new information and some reminders that were written last week. Welcome Back Soldier is ending here on January 3rd, and we really hope you'll decide to stick with us with all of the big news taking place. I'll be providing a full 2017 roadmap here this coming week after speaking with all of our teams. We have a smaller game update (1.35.6.4) slated for January.

LISTEN TO THE AUDIO UPDATE LOCATED (HERE)

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=oCS1MAXtnww:zjLjQoYM0RM:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=oCS1MAXtnww:zjLjQoYM0RM:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=oCS1MAXtnww:zjLjQoYM0RM:F7zBnMyn0Lo
oCS1MAXtnww

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

with the UDP for infantry thing - would it be possible to route or rather group/pin folks to the nearest cell server? meaning, run cells in various public clouds all over the world and then when players log in they'll be directed to the nearest cell to them.

questions:

how sensitive are cell hosts to intra-cell communication latency?

are you multicasting between cell hosts?

everyone in the world connecting back to Houston will always have certain problems for infantry play. code can certainly make it 'better' but lower latency due to decreased physical distances would be a big win IMO. also the work to get there should allow you to scale connection numbers ... presuming a large list of things could be made to work.