Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Joystick(s) Not Detected

odonovan1

Just tried to do a bit of practice flying, a couple days ago.  I couldn't get the game to recognize my joystick.  I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.  Anyone know what I may be missing?

I tried two different brands of joysticks (both one after another and then both at the same time), made sure Devices and Device Manager both had the either/both the sticks listed correctly.  I'm using Windows 7, btw.  Both joysticks are calibrating perfectly in the "Set up USB game controllers" function.  I started the game with the stick(s) already plugged in then also tried with them not (plugging them in and having the game detect them afterward).  Nothing works.  The last time I did some practice flying, everything was fine.  That was before the latest patch, however.

Ideas please, anyone?  Thanks!

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1

Already done.  Mine is always set that way anyway.  I never unplug the stick.  As I said, I've tried everything I could think of.

-Irish

• CORNERED RAT
13 minutes ago, odonovan1 said:

No one else is having this happen?  I can't believe I'm the ONLY one.

Anyone?

McFly?

-Irish

Game sees my X52 without issue - I even intentionally removed everything at the last patch and re-installed from scratch and it still showed.  Not sure what's going on with your situation.

• CORNERED RAT

Control panel

Devices and printers

Right click on joy stick icon

Select game controller settings

should see a popup with "use with older programs" or "set as preferred device"

Select your stick in the box

click ok or accept or whatever the option is.

Game should now see your stick

• Like 1

Zeke...

You-um genius!

I'm not going to ask why I have to set that now, after years of using that joystick with the game.  I'm just glad it works now.  Thanks, Zeke!  Just in time for me to not be able to use it, due to the hurricane.  Oh well.  :)

S!

-Irish

I am trying to use either my logitech attack 3, or the freedom 2.4  I cant get the game to see either one.  I did what zeke suggested above and it did not work.  I hit the detect controller tab in the setting window in game and it still does not see it..

any ideas?

Thanks!

I had to completely remove the game, uninstall all drivers and reinstall drivers then game for my Thrustmaster 1600 and throttle to work...but it works now.

(Non-Steam client)

Edited by AirSlayr88