Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

GMC tires bug - known?

lovewing

Does staff know about this? If not, I will record vid showing the diff cases

Noticed over the past campaigns that GMC seem to roll despite losing tire(s).

Bug tested it and found a cool bug:

-----

IF GMC is engine off/stationary and loses 1 (or more) tires, upon turning engine on you will not be able to move it

IF GMC is eng on/moving when it initially loses a tire(s) it will be able to be controlled still. You can even stop the vehicle, engine off, engine on and start moving again. In this situation the GMC is useable as long as it has atleast 1 tire (lol)

forgot i had some vidya recorded of my test and threw it together real quick just to show what I mean. I was wrong in first post, it doesnt seem to drive if it only has 1 wheel (maybe if it has 1 front wheel it would work but didnt test in video)

Not shown in the video fully but it only has slight reduction in speed despite only having 2 wheels, I was just driving it in circles to show it has good maneuverability still. If you continue going without turning you will slowly gain RPM and speed

I tried this vs opel and beddy and it usually knocks off both tires on both sides even if firing at 1 tire.

I have had opel lose a tire and still be able to be moved but very slow and no turning, so maybe this is a bug that happens across all vehicles but it is magnified on the GMC since it has so many tires... but then the 232 has a lot of tires too. Not sure.

i already posted about these kind of problems some time after the GMC got into game. no response or it got ignored.

try shooting a GMC when it is at full speed ... keeps driving full speed ahead ...

in the 2nd video you can hear it pretty good that the audio of the M3 engine is kinda non-existant ... and you only hear it because of the track "noise". sherman with blown up engine does the same thing. 

• Thanks 2

LOL lovewing that is funny and interesting point, obviously not intentional and probably something to do with the game physics of moving vehicles. 

Maybe a quick fix would be to disable all trucks ability to place an FMS once its missing a wheel :) 

nah a quick fix like that would ruin trucks.

its not a big enough problem to warrant a quick fix like that, just wanted to post vid and display a few ways to replicate the bug to hopefully fix it in future 

btw @jwilly your response made me laugh for some reason lmao

1 hour ago, lovewing said:

nah a quick fix like that would ruin trucks.

its not a big enough problem to warrant a quick fix like that, just wanted to post vid and display a few ways to replicate the bug to hopefully fix it in future 

btw @jwilly your response made me laugh for some reason lmao

I dunno how it would ruin trucks.  Blowing the front wheels off a truck or halftrack and watching it ride away is terrible lol. Then it sets an FMS? Blech. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, Mosizlak said:

I dunno how it would ruin trucks.  Blowing the front wheels off a truck or halftrack and watching it ride away is terrible lol. Then it sets an FMS? Blech. 

haha yar, good points. I mean that itd ruin trucks for axis and brits because we'd only be able to place 1 fms.

Maybe that'd be a cool change though so people wouldnt have their alt acct in a hidden truck waiting to replace fms as soon as the first one got blasted

@undercovai think i got a good idea on how to show that the halftrack is too quiet and do it in a way that wont elicit questions of what headphones were using lmao, will do it here today or this week